It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nick Pope Declares Total Disclosure of All British UFO Files This Summer.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 5 2007 @ 06:43 AM
link   
Apart from the 20 odd people living nearby who saw everything ?

posted on Jun, 5 2007 @ 01:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sophismata
How is it that I'm not being understood?? If someone says, "The brits are gonna release their files, and if they release ALL of them, then we'll find out about aliens (hence my conspiracy belief was true), but otherwise they must've held back the really good files otherwise we'd hear all about aliens (and hence my conspiracy belief is true)"... THAT kind of thinking is NOT LOGICAL.

It's typical of conspiracy theories, and that was my point. If "A" happens, I'm right. If "not A" happens, I'm still right. It's very convenient. It's not condescending. It's just plain logic. If you don't get it, change your username from "LogicalThinker" to something else.

It may be true what you are saying about conspiracy theorys in general, but the cover-up of UFO knowledge isnt a theory - it has been substantiated. If you fail to recognize that maybe you are the one who needs to change your name to something more suiting.

I understood your reasoning the first time. What I dont understand is why you felt a need type a condescending line after that, especially since your reasoning is irrelevant to the subject. Hence the reason to why I only quoted that part.

posted on Jun, 5 2007 @ 03:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sophismata
It's typical of conspiracy theories, and that was my point. If "A" happens, I'm right. If "not A" happens, I'm still right. It's very convenient. It's not condescending. It's just plain logic. If you don't get it, change your username from "LogicalThinker" to something else.

Technically, according to the laws of logic, you are absolutely correct. I think the problem might be in 'assuming the syllogism.' In other words, there is a lot left unsaid on this issue. Probably the largest elephant in the room on this one is a basic mis-trust of government. Lets just stay with the ufo file subject rather than move too far afield, but there is an impression that the governments have lied to us. Is this backed up by evidence? It gets tricky at this point because there is so much fraud OUTSIDE government on these issues, but if you take the reports individual citizens have submitted TO government and seen how the agencies have managed to explain away most of them, to the shock of the reporters themselves, then it looks like the preponderance of hundreds, if not thousand of 'explained' reports would point to government not being entirely truthful. For evidence of this I refer especially to "UFOs and the National Security State" by Richard Dolan, and "Above Top Secret," by Timothy Good where there are literally hundreds of examples of this sort of behavior. Two huge books everyone should read.

Add to this the releases governments already have done. To read initial threads like this, it's almost implicit that at least some OTHER government will release its files, unlike the big bad US. Not true, of course. The Blue Book Files were published years ago and are largely online. The FBI released a huge bunch of files a few years ago. Quite a few meaty tales have been pried loose with the FOIA. In fact, I think you could make a case that the US was the first country to release its files in depth.

Of course, no one believes that's all of them. Once again, Richard Dolan, for one, makes a pretty good case that Project Blue Book was a public relations effort put on by the Air Force. At least it pretended to be straightforward. The Condon Report, which gave the USAF an excuse to bail on official Blue Book, was biased from the start with Condon himself saying he didn't believe in it a bit, before the research was finished. Talk about illogical behavior!

So with those kinds of incidents in immediate past history, which are well documented from numerous sources, no wonder people have a priori decided that even if Great Britain releases some files, it is unlikely anything important will be disclosed. From a strictly logical point of view, it IS illogical, but from an experience point of view, it isn't.

posted on Jun, 5 2007 @ 04:10 PM
link   
The reason the MOD are opening 'all' their UFO files to the public is because of the escalating costs of responding to FOIAs.

Most of the FOIA requests served in the UK are related to UFOs!

Once they're on line they are accessible to anyone who chooses to view them at no cost to the MOD.

So it has nothing to do with an ongoing 'disclosure' (sorry Greer, you can't take credit for this like you did the Phoenix Lights!) - it's just financially motivated common sense!

posted on Jun, 5 2007 @ 04:32 PM
link   
MoD to Open UFO Files (New! Added 03 May 2007)

The MoD has announced that it is to release more UFO files. The files concerned are Defence Intelligence Staff files and had previously been contaminated with asbestos. It was originally feared they would have to be destroyed, sparking conspiracy theories among the UFO community. Now, the files have been decontaminated and will be scanned onto the MoD website over the next few months. These 24 files are the tip of the iceberg. To date, the MoD has received over 10,000 UFO reports and a case file on a significant incident can consist of over 100 separate documents. The MoD would dearly love to release all its UFO files, as the French have done, not least because of the burden of responding to requests on the subject (The MoD receives more Freedom of Information Act requests on UFOs than on any other subject). The complicating factor is the Data Protection Act. No personal information concerning witnesses can be released, so every page of every file has to be checked, and redacted to remove any such data. It's a massive job, and full disclosure is probably years away. Nonetheless, I greatly welcome this latest development, which should provoke further interest in the UFO phenomenon and which reinforces MoD's commitment to freedom of information and open government.
link
www.nickpope.net...

Is the fact Pope states " Full Disclosure is probably years away" good enough evidence to substantiate the existance of Extraterrestrials?

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join