It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I See Spider Ghosts

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 31 2007 @ 06:38 PM
link   
I've just see another spider ghost!

I see them quite often here at my old French farmhouse and I've seen them for about five years ever since I moved here.

I could be doing something on the computer or reading a book and out of the corner of my eye I see a spider, but when I turn my head to look, it's gone!

I do not read "spooky" books and don't play "scary" video games, but I am sure there was a spider there!

I do see plenty of "actual" spiders here and have overcome my arachniphobia, but these are really starting to "bug" me.

It usually happens in the evening and when the lights are dim. Now I know some of you may be saying "it's just the lights" or "what have you been taking"? Well, it's happening too often, and it's the only thing around here that I can't explain. I am of sound mind and body and have come to like the little critters.

Has anyone else had any experiences like this.........wierd!.....

posted on May, 31 2007 @ 06:41 PM
link   
Are you prone to getting migraine headaches?

Maybe its something to do with that. I know just before a headache i see little stairs and stuff like that.

That avie you have is something else. Better put my sunglasses on.

posted on May, 31 2007 @ 06:44 PM
link   
Couple of things:

Do you have floaters in your eye? These are little pieces of derbits that you see one instant and gone the next.

Any history where you are living past or present?

I take it they are benign?

posted on May, 31 2007 @ 06:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by nerbot

Has anyone else had any experiences like this.........wierd!.....

I've experienced something similar. I used to see what seemed to be houseflys zipping by me. The only reason why I knew that they were not really there was because it was in the middle of winter. They also seemed more like shadows rather than physical objects. This was months ago and I haven't experienced it since.

posted on May, 31 2007 @ 07:37 PM
link   

from dgtempe
Are you prone to getting migraine headaches?

Hi, no I don't get any headaches (exept after 3 bottles of red wine)!

Glad you like my avatar, I have BG to go with it but won't have points for about a year or so. Like yours too....cute

What did you mean by "little stairs"?

from fredt
Do you have floaters in your eye? These are little pieces of derbits that you see one instant and gone the next.

Any history where you are living past or present?

I take it they are benign?

No "floaters".

Didn't think of history, now you mention it, there was "the great spider massacre" when me and my hoover first moved in?? The place had been empty for about eight months. Good point.

And yes they're benign. If they wanted revenge on me and the hoover, wouldn't they GO for me? They are usually scurrying a few feet away.

from Umbrax:
They also seemed more like shadows rather than physical objects.

Maybe YOU had the "floaters" that fredt was talking about

I do get a strong feeling there is something going on with shadows though.
Strange that this is just spiders and not any other insect or animal. I've had mice darting from place to place in the past but my three cats soon took care of that.

Cheers peeps, interesting stuff.........;

posted on Jun, 9 2007 @ 08:34 PM
link   
Most likely, it's a neurological mistake.

I have that ALLLLLL the time. My cat is black, and every day, I see her out of my peripheral vision, and every time I check, she's not there.

Do you see spiders (not ghost ones) often? That could be a why.

Also, you could be hallucinating.

posted on Jun, 9 2007 @ 10:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by nerbot

Hi, no I don't get any headaches (exept after 3 bottles of red wine)!

It`s funny, because when I saw the thread title, I immediately thought it was the DTs. If you`re in the habit of drinking three bottles of wine at a shot, you might want to consider that angle.

posted on Jun, 10 2007 @ 01:02 AM
link   
I see them all the time, or atleast things of that nature. Worldly, and otherworldly creatures. I consider myself atleast somewhat sane, I just happen to see things out of the corners of my eyes, lol. Why do you think this happens with only the peripherals?

Heres something you might find interesting: www.damninteresting.com...

posted on Jun, 10 2007 @ 01:23 AM
link   
Once I had an experience close to this, although it turned out to be 'normal', not 'paranormal'. One evening, I was reading a book or something like that, and it was really late at night, like 2 in the morning or something. At one point, while getting quite tired, I kept seeing movement out of the corner of my eye on the floor. This persisted every few minutes, and happened several times, with me finding nothing each time, even when I got down on the floor to look carefully.

It turned out that (and this is why I remembered it after reading your post) that it actually was a spider that was crawling around on the floor. I finally found it after it appeared yet again. My difficulty locating it was because it just happened to be the exact colour of my carpet, so it camouflaged perfectly.

I doubt that little anecdote actually helped you, but it can't hurt, and it was the first thing I thought of when I saw this.

posted on Jun, 10 2007 @ 08:33 AM
link   
Thanks for the replies folks.

Still not sure why I get this?

At least these spiders are harmless. Would hate to see something poisoness or "snakes"

ps: I don't drink that often and the "three bottles" senario was just kidding really.

Maybe it's just the subconcious memory of my arachniphobia letting me know not to forget it?

Cheers

new topics

top topics

join