It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Magnetic free energy, and why it's not possible

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 31 2007 @ 04:58 PM
link   
I came across this site a while ago, claiming that they have invented some "self-powered" machine involving magnets. There are like, a lot of things wrong with this... obviously. A self powered machine completely violates the first and second laws of thermodynamics, saying that (simplified), the energy a machine generates can not be greater than the energy it takes to power it. You can easily conceptualize some sort of wheel that is spun around by magnets. But, it will stop spinning the instant you apply torque to the "motor". I e-mailed the owner of the website and got a pretty funny reply.

Any thoughts about this?

(my email)(first part quoted from phact.org)

"You don't have an over-unity system until you can demonstrate a stand-alone device which drives itself and simultaneously generates a non-zero output power". It's rather impossible. From what I gather, the idea of perpetual-motion free energy is rather simple. If it is so simple, why are there no devices being massed produced and sold? Why have no automotive companies developed perpetual motion vehicles?

(his reply)

You are without knowledge in the area of politics and industry, I do not have the time to teach you. Please research this area yourself.
All it takes is some common sense thinking. I hope this does not make you angry that is not my purpose.

new topics

join