It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Weird clouds outside.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 5 2004 @ 10:28 PM
link   
All over the sky there are weird, long and very straight clouds. They're also at a very high altitude. I saw a passenger airline fly below them (the airport is about ten miles away), so I think they're at least 7000m high (23000ft). Most of them are crossing the whole sky towards a northwestern direction. It's night right now, so can't take a picture of them. The sky is very clear in between and above those clouds. I don't remember ever seeing clouds like that before.

Furthermore, it's been unseasonably cool the last few weeks. We matched the record low temperature (68 fahreinheit/20 celcius) a few days after christmas. And not to forget that amazing amount of rain in the beginning of december that I've never seen before in my entire life. About twice the monthly average fell in a 5 to 8 hour period.

Coincidence??? Chemtrails??? Or Natural phenomena. I don't know.

posted on Jan, 5 2004 @ 10:36 PM
link   
Im in the southern US and coincidence or not I observed the exact cloud formations in my area yesterday. Like they were in the middle of the sky with clear blue above and below and its like they stretched for miles.

posted on Jan, 5 2004 @ 10:37 PM
link   
Same here in Tampa this evening.....Don't know what to tell you.

posted on Jan, 5 2004 @ 10:39 PM
link   
Do they look like any of these?

www.ems.psu.edu...

www.atmos.washington.edu...

www.lboro.ac.uk...

www.stormeyes.org...

ozthunder.com... (check out the high clouds in this set. awesome pictures.

posted on Jan, 5 2004 @ 10:39 PM
link   
I saw a few about an hour ago here at Ft. Carson.

[Edited on 5-1-2004 by DarkHelmet]

posted on Jan, 5 2004 @ 10:42 PM
link   
Ok, these look like cirrus BUT they are far apart. I am not trying to read to much into this, I just think they look strange .
Cirrus clouds "almost" equally distanced from each other. Imagine drawing lines on a paper with the same distance between them...now fill the paper all the way across

----------------------

------------------------

----------------------

I know, thos are LOUSY representations of clouds, but I was trying to give you a visual.

posted on Jan, 5 2004 @ 11:30 PM
link   
I know I saw and heard reports of those clouds here in Vegas....then it snowed about a week later. Snow, in Vegas, the desert...only the 4th time in history, I think.

posted on Jan, 5 2004 @ 11:53 PM
link   
They are chemtrails. I know, I know...go ahead and
me, but it's the truth.
I have never seen them more active than the last week or so.
Jet contrails dissapate relatively quick, these do not. They linger for hours and hours, developing into strange clouds. Now when have you ever seen a jet contrail change into a cloud formation ?!?! Never. I am not crazy !! People have been reporting these chemtrails for a few years, but have been dismissed as paranoid conspiracy nuts. There is a lot of sites out there that discuss this. Do some research. Read this thread --> Painting The Sky by Bangin

posted on Jan, 6 2004 @ 06:18 AM
link   
As I was driving in pitch darkness during stormy weather, I saw what looked like a rainbow of white light,the ends touching ground,the apex above the road. I felt as if I was about to go through some sort of portal. Clouds maybe but who knows.

posted on Jan, 6 2004 @ 06:53 AM
link   
It looked a little bit like cirrostratus, but the clouds were much further apart. Something like how netstorm explained there.

posted on Jan, 6 2004 @ 09:51 AM
link   
maybe it's just cloud seeding, when they do the chemtrail thing here it always seems to be a few hours before a front comes through, just a thought

posted on Jan, 6 2004 @ 10:02 AM
link   
If it is quite cold you could be seeing cirrostratus clouds.These usually contain ice crystals and are around 10 km from the ground if i remember.

Very hard to say without seeing them.

posted on Jan, 6 2004 @ 10:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by razorbackhater
maybe it's just cloud seeding

The most common method used for cloud seeding is by a ground generator which introduces silver iodide into passing clouds. A more expensive method is by aircraft which drops the additional nuclei directly into the cloud. I don't believe cloud seeding involves the creation of clouds.

Besides, I think it's completely inappropriate to alter the weather. I wonder what kind of impact those procedures have on our planet.

[Edited on 1/6/2004 by Bangin]

new topics

top topics

join