It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CNN: New Loch Ness Monster Video

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 1 2007 @ 05:17 AM
link   
Wouldn't you think if they were amphibious that there would be some sort of trace of their existence, aside from supposed eyewitness testimony, which as we know, is highly suspect 30 years later?

TheBorg

posted on Jun, 1 2007 @ 05:27 AM
link   
Thats the problem with mythical creatures. never any evidence

posted on Jun, 1 2007 @ 07:20 AM
link   
the second dark shape looks like a wake shadow to me. sadly this link doesn't provide a full ream of the video, so i can't see it moving. but in still form, it just looks like a wake shadow.
i've seen a few similar vids of 'nessie', where it appears as a snakelike wiggle just underneath the surface of the water. if nessie *does* exist, she isn't the creature caught on video here. the lake's big enough to house a once-imported watersnake, or a mutated freshwater eel without us noticing properly, i guess. but most reports describe something capable of raising it's neck above the water at a 90 degree angle (at least) while it's head stays parallel with the water. it does, in all descriptions of this kind, sound like a pleisiosaur. but is that *really* likely?
i'd like to hear an experts opinion on the gene pool side of nessie. normally creatures evolve when favourable mistakes happen within the DNA that's passed onto offspring. the change is remembered as beneficial to the animal, and replicated to be passed on to the next generation. and so on, and so on until the creature adapts perfectly with it's environment.
so, keeping that in mind, it doesn't seem likely that a pleisiosaur as we know them from skeletal remains could still be alive in the modern world.

i have no idea what repeated inbreeding would do to the genetics either, but i would imagine it would have a similar effect as it does in humans. retarded minds and deformities. anyone care to take a guess? :-)

posted on Jun, 1 2007 @ 09:44 AM
link   
The most plausible explanation would be a 'Sturgeon' for all sightings of nessie. They get quite large and bahve in a way that has been reported, not to mention the physical aspects (bumps along backside and of great length)

posted on Jun, 1 2007 @ 09:53 AM
link   
Yah, makes sense Sturgeons grow to massive weight, but seems to me not anywhere close to 20-30-40+ feet in length. Same deal with the Eel thought.
Seems to me what's taped is an unknown needing deciphering from the like of cryptozoologists perhaps paleontologist?, perhaps both. Oh -- and through in a vid/photo expert too...

Dallas

JbT

posted on Jun, 1 2007 @ 11:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by DallasSeems to me what's taped is an unknown needing deciphering from the like of cryptozoologists perhaps paleontologist?, perhaps both. Oh -- and through in a vid/photo expert too...

Dallas

Good, call. I would like to see that too.

I come from the Okanagan in B.C. Canada. So Im used to seeing and hearing storys about lake monsters. We have "The Ogopogo". I have seen recent videos from friends of friends of mind. Which are on the net here:
www.geocities.com...
Myself, I dont think there is much to Dans story about the Ogopogo and the video he has on that web site (was also on Sally Jesse Rapheal). He was wake boarding and those videos look like wakes (Double ups, as they are called) IMO.

But, I do think there is something to these videos:
www.kevinkimberley.com...

Those two videos that Kevin Kimberley shot were some of the best Lake Monster Videos Ive ever seen. I know the location they were shot from, I know what is in that lake. I belive his estimates are belivable as to what Ive seen of that area and video (30-40 feet long). Possibly a Sturgeon, but they are supposed bottom feeders. There is no other animal in those lakes that could do what is in those videos. To me, those videos are either Sturgeon coming to the surface for some strange reason, or other aminals in that lake that are unknown. Simple as that.

I can see how some would question kevin kimberleys credibility. I did. But in a quick look around google I couldnt find anthing about his videos that people debunked. The only theorys I saw were Eels again, and whales. There is no Eels or Whales in our fresh water lake. So its again IMO, either sturgeon or something else.

If I was to see a video of that Kevin Kimberley Video quality in Loc Ness, I would get on those videos band wagons. But untill then, Kevin Kimberleys videos of "Ogopogo" in Lake Okanagan are my standard for Lake Monster Videos (or untill he gets debunked too, but I really think he has good videos of something not normal). I want to see something of that quality from Loc Ness.

JbT

posted on Jun, 1 2007 @ 11:26 AM
link   
I wanted to say one more thing on the Stureon topic.

I have seen fish act weaird over the years fishing.

See Ive been told this from a local fishing shop owner after I saw a weird day of fishing where the fish (5-12" Rainbow and Brook Trout) were rising to the top of the water breaking the water line with their noses. Almost like the were trying to get air. You could basically paddle up to these fish, and scoop them up with the net. It was terrible to see.

The man told me during heat waves in the summer lakes can get very very low on Oxygen, essecially when there is no rain and the incoming water supplys to lakes are dryed up.

What then happens is the fish rise to the top of the water to try to gather air either from the top layer of the water that still have more Oxygen in it, or from the actual air, Im not sure completely. Either way, when you witness this the fish rise to the top, swim on top, fins in the air, rising with the noses from time to time....

... What Im getting at is maybe Sturgoen do the same sort of thing during heat waves. But I cant convince myself that is what is going on in Okanagan Lake. It it massive:

en.wikipedia.org...
"135 km long, between 4 and 5 km wide, and has a surface area of 351 km².[2] The lake's assumed maximum depth is 232 meters near Grant Island (also called "Whiskey Island" or "Seagull Island" by locals), but the lake possibly goes much deeper under the shelves. Some areas of the lake have up to 750 meters of glacial and post-glacial sediment fill which were deposited during the Pleistocene Epoch.[1]"

I cannot see Okanagon lake being sapped of so much Oxygen that the fish of the lake would be doing what we see in the very small mountain fishing lakes above lake Okanagn during the Summer time heat waves. Also, if this was happening we would see the local Trout and Kokanee Salmon do the same in lake Okanagan, which we dont see...

... So to me, if Sturgeon are not known to rise to the top, and there is not a Oxygen problem. There those Kevin Kimberley videos are even more solid.... with only one more possiblity in my mind... a Hoax.

posted on Jun, 1 2007 @ 02:11 PM
link   
if i had a millions pounds going spare i would do this , the video camera's would have motion detectors and night vision.

on reflection , i wouldn't but maybe someone would

posted on Jun, 1 2007 @ 03:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Fowl Play
It is BS, the Loch Ness monster must be over a 1000 years old lol, he is as real as the tooth Fairy..

Have you heard of something called 'reproduction'?

posted on Jun, 2 2007 @ 04:29 PM
link   
In the first part of the video, the shadow just beneath the surface of the water appears to be large, but there is nothing to compare it to as far as perspective. That said, it could be anything. As far as the underwater sonar testing, does anyone know of any underwater caves or outlets to the sea connected to Loch Ness? I recently read of some underwater rivers underneath the surface in Mexico, some as long as 60 miles I think.

posted on Jun, 3 2007 @ 08:50 PM
link   
I thought Loch Nessie was debunked? For those of you who didn't deny ignorance - you didn't research this well enough.

In the times of the original photo, there used to be a traveling circus, which had elephants.

The photo was taken, while nelly the elly was bathing, hence the lump effect the 'head' of the Loch Ness Monster, was actually the trunk of the elephant you see?

If anyone had verified the existence of Nessie, they would have uncovered this closure to what was a gret hoax for as many years - including today still, it would seem!

www.museumofhoaxes.com...

There is a photo there (can someone upload it to here?) showing how the scary monster was in fact a fat little elephant, playing in the water

posted on Jun, 4 2007 @ 08:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by deaman88
I thought Loch Nessie was debunked? For those of you who didn't deny ignorance - you didn't research this well enough.

In the times of the original photo, there used to be a traveling circus, which had elephants.

The photo was taken, while nelly the elly was bathing, hence the lump effect the 'head' of the Loch Ness Monster, was actually the trunk of the elephant you see?

Nessie started a long time before photography. For those of you who like to try and deny ignorance, you didn't research your topic well enough.

The legend of nessie is at least 700 years old.

EDIT: I might add that Loch Ness is HUGE. Very long and very deep. It is also conceivable that it connects into an underground cave network and may even connect to the sea.

Studies on total biomass within the lake have found there is enough food to support quite a few large predators, should there be any.

[edit on 4/6/07 by stumason]

posted on Jun, 4 2007 @ 08:48 AM
link   
It amazes me that people expect a creature that supposedly "doesn't exist" to live according to our rules for existence. First of all, Nessie is only one of dozens of individually documented reports of massive prehistoric creatures said to live in large bodies of water. I am not necessarily a proponent of these creatures, but find it humorous that so many claim be "know" why they can't exist. As if a creature that has avoided capture for over 700 yrs plays by the same rules.

I think it should also be noted that "creatures" have been spotted in reservoirs and bodies of water that are recently filled as well, provided otherworldy explainations for their existence. The paranormal aspect of this should not be avoided entirely.

As far as this particular instance I remain on the fence for now.

posted on Jun, 4 2007 @ 10:35 AM
link   
Some info/update on the video:
The filmmaker, Gordon T. Holmes, has come under the spotlight as well (More). As we all know the credibility of any film of this kind goes hand in hand with the credibility of the photographer. According to this site this is not the first mythical creature Mr Holmes captured on film...

Hello, You may be interested in my self published booklet + Video CD that is due out within a few days.
It shows possible evidence of Fairies and strange Lady Figures I captured on my old Camcorder whilst recording at Lode Saddle Well, Burley Moor (Ilkley Moor) near the Apostle Stone Circle. Also unusual Figures at guess where,
Cottingley Beck! Possibly, the best evidence of Fairies outside Cottingley!

You can buy the video if you wish to see the "fairies"...

He also has a webpage here:
www.staff.brad.ac.uk...

Where he tells us he spotted on of the mythical Black Cats of the UK.

Just after Foot & Mouth outbreak finished, I saw a Black Cat stalking Sheep at the little Hamlet of Newby Cote, near Clapham, Yorkshire Dales. I reported it to the Craven Herald and 2 weeks later someone else reported it a few miles away from my location. Its tail was long as its body in length and it only looked to be a young and lean Adult, possible a Panther or another type of Wild Moggie. Certainly not a domestic one (have had 3 - should know).

And at the very bottom he wrote this:

After a recent visit to Loch Ness and obtaining images of dark shapes on the Loch, which apparently turned out to be due to 'wind slicks', an atmospheric phenomena. Also finding a strange small bone that appears to be similar to a Plesiosaur Vertebrae, I have found a number of additional hobbies/past-times. Back to Fossil searching, attempting to produce a Video CD from the Loch Ness images, possibly Publish a book about a wonderful 5 days next to the Loch.

His web page was last edited on 18/05/2007. His sighting (and supposed video) was taken on or around 28/29 May 2007. Did he have the video footage prior to the "incident", know it was not real, but later decided to advocate it as real? And where's the supposed small bone that looks like a Plesiosaur Vertebrae? No mention of that in any of the news items?

Edit: Fixed quote.

[edit on 4-6-2007 by Gemwolf]

posted on Jun, 4 2007 @ 10:40 AM
link   
This video is alright. Personally, I think the thing looks so long that it either must either be artificial or an extinct/unknown animal. Sure, it's not GREAT quality, but I think some enhancement is in order so we can get more out of it.

posted on Jun, 4 2007 @ 10:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gemwolf
Where he tells us he spotted on of the mythical Black Cats of the UK.

Just thought I'd point out that as far as the Big Cat's thing goes, it's more or less accepted that they are real. Actual physical evidence, such as dead sheep, footprints and very good photo's have been produced. A Big cat story makes the BBC website several times a year.

posted on Jun, 4 2007 @ 10:53 AM
link   
hope that helps

posted on Jun, 4 2007 @ 04:28 PM
link   
Here's the video, how shocking, a slight blur, darkness, could be nothing, could be even less than nothing, here's the video to prove it once and for all
View it and weep believers of fairies and trolls and elfs and captain spock...

youtube.com...
Here's a key point against the nessie believers club, and why IMO the monster just isn't true:

QUOTE from wickipedia:

Kelpie
According to the Swedish naturalist and author Bengt Sjögren (1980), present day beliefs in loch monsterss such as "Nessie" are associated with the old legends of kelpies. He claims that the accounts of loch monsters have changed over the ages, originally describing a horse appearance, they claimed that the "kelpie" would come out of the lake and turn into a horse.
When a tired traveller would get on the back of the kelpie, it would gallop into the loch and devour its prey. This myth successfully kept children away from the loch, as was its purpose. Sjögren concludes that the kelpie legends have developed into more plausible descriptions of lake monsters, reflecting awareness of plesiosaurs. In other words, the kelpie of folklore has been transformed into a more "realistic" and "contemporary" notion of the creature.
Believers counter that long-dead witnesses could only compare the creature to that which they were familiar -- and were not familiar with plesiosaurs.[6] UNQUOTE

Also, how comes an 'amateur scientist' just happens to be driving by, not a local, right by the loch at the right time, and how handy was that camera that took the image? If anybody looks at that video and believes what they are seeing is something such as a Plesiousaurus, then I am dismayed.

I want to believe, and the poster with the point about under water networks is a good idea, but why dont shark and whales or dolphins end up there?

Why can't you let litlle (and slightly bulging) nelly the elephant be?

ALso please note that in the wee winter neets, whun the sun guz doon, 700 years agoo, there was no tv, no radio, no satellite, just ghost stories and mariner's tales of sea monsters, well, they had to have some form of entertainment?

[edit on 4/6/2007 by deaman88]

[edit on 4/6/2007 by deaman88]

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 12:56 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 12:56 PM
link   

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join