It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Freemason relatives?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 31 2007 @ 01:19 PM
link   
(I would just like to say first that I have read many things on ATS for years, but I have never signed up because I never got the time, but now I have and hope in my future posts my ramblings make sense)

A few months ago I bought a book about Freemasons. A few weeks after that my dad saw it in my room and decided to talk to me about it. He told me that my grandfather, his real father, was a lvl 34 freemason (I would have the ring but my dad said that his father's sister took it or something like that). This bit of information made me think. What does this mean for me? What does freemason parents, grandparents, aunts, and uncles mean for us? My father went on to talk about how my grandfather was in it ever sense he was 13 or so and was recruited by his father as his father entered him. I guess they like to keep members in the family, or at least the loyal ones. This also made me think. Will I be recuited, or my brother? I have never really heard of a female being in the Freemason society though I dont really know much.

By the way, I still haven't read the book. Im too slothful I guess. I will read it someday..maybe..

posted on May, 31 2007 @ 01:31 PM
link   
1: There is no lvl 34.
2: To be a Mason you must be a man, 18 or 21 depending on where you live.
3: Masons dont recruit, you will never be asked to join, you have to petition us.

posted on May, 31 2007 @ 01:35 PM
link   
Thank you for the information. Though I have to say I am a bit disappointed there is no 34 when my father said he was. I have no wish to join, I was just stating it but thank you for informing me.

posted on May, 31 2007 @ 01:41 PM
link   
Maybe you Dad was mistaken or misinformed. Lots of people are

posted on May, 31 2007 @ 01:43 PM
link   
Yeah probably, he never is really right on anything. But this was something I never heard him rant about and he seemed so sure. -shrugs-

posted on May, 31 2007 @ 02:51 PM
link   
Its a shame that you put yr father down publicly on ats saying"he is never right about anything" it doesnt bode well for you.respect yr dad freemason or not.Maybe he told you he was 34 degree because he knew you would blab and make yrself look silly.bravo

posted on May, 31 2007 @ 05:11 PM
link   
I have many masons in my family and it was "suggested" to me that I go to the lodge and sign up. I would not join Masonry in the hopes of promoting your career. The relatives I have that are the least successful also happen to be masons.

posted on May, 31 2007 @ 10:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by UnforgiveableSin
Thank you for the information. Though I have to say I am a bit disappointed there is no 34 when my father said he was. I have no wish to join, I was just stating it but thank you for informing me.

He may have meant 33rd degree. In the Scottish Rite (one of many branches of Masonry), the 33rd degree is conferred as a high honor in recognition of outstanding service. If your grandpa was a 33rd degree Mason, it means he was a very admirable and respected member of our Society.

top topics

join