It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Mysterious Holes of Russia

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 19 2008 @ 05:23 PM
link   
I'm not sure what "verticle" lines in the holes you guys keep talking about. I notice horizontal ones. Is that what you are referring to? Verticle is up and down. Horizontal is across, like a horizon. Thus the name.

posted on Nov, 15 2008 @ 08:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by donk_316
As a person who "drills" for a living and not a guess from a mommas basement dweller....

There is no evidence to say there were OR were NOT drilled. Nothing conclusive in those pics.

Keep those educated guesses coming though.

Well for an 'expert' opinion.. that sure was a lot of help...

:shk:

posted on Nov, 15 2008 @ 08:58 PM
link   
Its the old ' insufficient data" dilemma.

One can speculate all you want but the only way to figure out what those are is an on the ground investigation with local representation to question any locales and to check the history of the area. You'd need a documents check in case these were made decades or generations ago.

posted on Nov, 15 2008 @ 09:07 PM
link   
reply to post by TeslaandLyne

Bush senior was on the grassy knoll. Getting the job done. Tesla was also murdered by a Nazi CIA man, Otto Skorzeny. Another Bush Sr. acquaintance.

posted on Nov, 15 2008 @ 09:21 PM
link   
reply to post by groingrinder

Don't forget the tooth fairy, that fascist provided the money.

posted on Nov, 15 2008 @ 09:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Byrd

Glad you mentioned Karst geological features of the landscape. I just learned about Karst topography and find it quite fascinating. I highly recommend this website for photographs of Karst features -- fantastic!

Karst Almighty

From the photos, these holes appear to me to be drill holes made by equipment searching for oil or methane gas.

posted on Nov, 15 2008 @ 10:25 PM
link   
Deepest Hole in the World

What makes the rocks come back up?

Hole in the water
Strange phenomenon seen in a lake in Eastern Japan

Big Hole sucked up 7 houses

posted on Jul, 15 2014 @ 03:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: Cowboy Clint
Howdy ho, fellow ATS'rs. I found this interesting article on a blog called English Russia.

From the article:

From the end of 1980s a strange phenomena is happening in some Russian forests. People find strange, deep holes.

They appear in the dense forest, in the places you can’t get on the car or truck to bring any device to drill the ground. There is no any soil that should be taken from such deep holes is found.

isnt there some kind of animal that can dig underground and pop up randomly ?

Antoher interesting detail posted in the comments is that the holes seemed to have been dug from the bottom up, not downwards. Some commentors suggested that these holes could be tree holes, which are created when volcanic ash settles around a tree, hardens, and becomes the hole you see here. Others have suggested that the holes are chimmney entrances tino caves.

A very interesting mystery. I'm sure the hollow earth supporters would love to see this! Anyone out there have more info on these holes?

top topics

<< 1   >>

join