It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Mysterious Holes of Russia

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 31 2007 @ 09:04 AM
link   
Howdy ho, fellow ATS'rs. I found this interesting article on a blog called English Russia.

From the article:

From the end of 1980s a strange phenomena is happening in some Russian forests. People find strange, deep holes.

They appear in the dense forest, in the places you can’t get on the car or truck to bring any device to drill the ground. There is no any soil that should be taken from such deep holes is found.

Antoher interesting detail posted in the comments is that the holes seemed to have been dug from the bottom up, not downwards. Some commentors suggested that these holes could be tree holes, which are created when volcanic ash settles around a tree, hardens, and becomes the hole you see here. Others have suggested that the holes are chimmney entrances tino caves.

A very interesting mystery. I'm sure the hollow earth supporters would love to see this! Anyone out there have more info on these holes?

posted on May, 31 2007 @ 09:15 AM
link   
Interesting. I'd guess at Karst sinkholes, but it could be something else. No exact location is given... the first thing to do would be find out where these are, how much of an area they cover,and what the geology is like.

Austin, Texas, has a lot of holes (it sits on a limestone bed) and something like was shown isn't that odd or unusual. We do lose the occasional cow down there.

Seriously.

posted on May, 31 2007 @ 10:00 AM
link   

No exact location is given... the first thing to do would be find out where these are, how much of an area they cover,and what the geology is like.

Amigara Fault???

No, seriously, I've been looking for some news sources for this post. Alot of what I've see is a redirect of the English Russia article, which doesn't give much to begin with.

However, I've found two new sources about the holes. Pravda's first article and Pravda's second article.

The first article mentions that the holes were found in the Kaluga region. The second article states that there were in the Krasnoyarsk region. There's also mention of an identical phenomenon occurred ten years ago in the Ryazan region.

posted on May, 31 2007 @ 10:18 AM
link   
The pictures show a very uniform almost well like hole.

Vertical (tool?) marks are clearly visible, they are also interestingly uniform. I have little knowledge of geology, but I would put the horizontal lines down to the different layers of the earth, and not tool marks.

My first impression is that is man made - probably using something similar to a small TBM (tunnel boring machine) that has a rotating head, and pulls its self forward (or in this case down) giving those vertical marks.

If that is the case the hole is probably a result of test bores searching for minerals. Lack of fencing and other safety measures maybe hint a clandestine nature to the diggers operation, they wanted to leave as few clues as possible (and Russian safety standards are not the best in the world).

As far as removing the spoil if it is in a remote area - helicopters?

Just my first impression

posted on May, 31 2007 @ 10:22 AM
link   
Interesting. Could these be oil or other natural resources test drill holes? Just an idea, but the story claims that these were in inaccessible areas, but would like to see the area in pics myself, any roads etc. Also how did they find the holes initially.

Other questions:
-Depth
-Other dimensions, diameter
-What sort of surrounding lands, marshland, mountains, etc

posted on May, 31 2007 @ 08:53 PM
link   

However, I've found two new sources about the holes. Pravda's first article and Pravda's second article.

Oy! Pravda. Erm, that's about as reliable as "The Onion" or "Weekly World News."

So, yes, it could be old wells or boreholes.

posted on Jun, 1 2007 @ 12:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cowboy Clint
Amigara Fault???

This hole...it was made for me!

Anyway they don't look like sinkholes...too perfect.

posted on Jun, 1 2007 @ 12:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kacen

Anyway they don't look like sinkholes...too perfect.

You can see tool marks / machine marks.

posted on Jun, 1 2007 @ 04:31 PM
link   
Where do the holes go?
(er..I mean besides down)

Anyone hear about any underground tunnels?
What's at the bottom?
Any monsters?
(um, okay that last question was purely for fun
)

posted on Jun, 1 2007 @ 04:38 PM
link   
what i thinks is interesting is the sides of the hole are smooth drilling doesnt make the sides smooth in the first place ((ussually)) and sink holes are rarely a perfect circle...i like this because right off the bat i have no logical explanation for what this could be...unless russia has some military stake in this a subgeos((like a submarine but with dirt)) maybe?? i donno

posted on Jun, 1 2007 @ 04:43 PM
link   
I thought that hollow drills can make the sides of the holes smooth.
Can't they?
I'm not a tool expert or anything like that so I don't really know.

posted on Jun, 1 2007 @ 04:50 PM
link   
okay yeah i dint even think about a hollow drill....but its just the hole looks strange even if it was drilled it fans out a little at the top www.neatorama.com...
heres another picture of one of the holes which looks exactly like the other one minus the cable

posted on Jun, 1 2007 @ 05:09 PM
link   
I was thinking hollow drills because it would appear that the land is virgin.
Which means some agriculture company came in, drilled nice and deep, and carted out the soil in order to refine it and separate it from it's mineral content.
The isolated minerals were probably used in nutritional products.
That's the impression that I got.

Does anyone know for sure?

posted on Jun, 1 2007 @ 07:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by justanothergangster
but its just the hole looks strange even if it was drilled it fans out a little at the top

I would of said that is just cos it's been there for a while.

This pic is interesting though, the sides don't seem nearly as smooth. But still have the vertical marks. If this hole was made with the same meathod as the other one then I retract my last statement on a verticle TBM.

posted on Jun, 3 2007 @ 03:14 PM
link   
As a person who "drills" for a living and not a guess from a mommas basement dweller....

There is no evidence to say there were OR were NOT drilled. Nothing conclusive in those pics.

Keep those educated guesses coming though.

posted on Jun, 3 2007 @ 03:49 PM
link   
I have dated women like that

In all seriousness isn't it another type of sink hole. I mean they say when they have been entered they just peter off into nothing so there is no going into it or coming out. I would be curious to know what the underlying strata is. Also without the person desending for context it looks far larger than it apparenty is.

posted on Jun, 3 2007 @ 04:11 PM
link   
Check this out:

www.rumormillnews.com...

from this thread:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Review the story of the Belgian Triangle UFO craft that circled around
until finding lost craft in a forest which took off afterwards.

See my youtube favs for long streams of light suspended in the sky.

Possible powerful electrodynamic craft blast off would make holes in
the Russian forest. Don't have to land, it may occur at some distance
in the air like crop circles.

Remember, I not telling you anything and neither are they.

posted on Jun, 3 2007 @ 07:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by TeslaandLyne

Remember, I not telling you anything and neither are they.

so aliens did it then
nasty business all that
apparently theyve been doing the same thing to cows asses out in America

think they were looking for minerals there as well ?

[edit on 3-6-2007 by Marduk]

posted on Jun, 5 2007 @ 05:52 PM
link   
From many of the animal references by Lyne:

The weapons appear to be for "population control", judging from the degree of secrecy
surrounding the removal of tissue from the cattle. (See Chap. TV ["Sightings"] for more on this
subject). The use of other people's animals without their permission helps to conceal the research,
since the presence of such large animals at government facilities would be obvious. Since the
weapons are designed for use on humans in their natural environment, without their knowledge,
use of them on cattle, as the most available mammals around, produces more realistic results. A
'spinof' benefit of the perennial "tests", is to justify the continued veil of secrecy, since, so long as
there is "on-going" research involving the saucers, the secrecy conceals them and everything
connected to them. Though the government continues to use the national security veil to deny
public access to saucer technology, the ultimate purpose is the private, economic security of

In other words its not aliens it your government.

Where was Bush when JFK Jr. died. How about that mysteries.

posted on Aug, 19 2008 @ 04:48 PM
link   
Hi,

Nothing conclusive was ever found here. What is the consensus amongst ATS'ers?

Here are the possible explanations from the thread.

-test bores searching for minerals
-natural pot hole from receding glaciers
-oil drilling
-sink hole

The Kola Superdeep Borehole in Russia was a scientific drilling project that drilled the deepest hole in the earth (7.62 miles deep)

Here's a wiki cut.

The site is currently controlled by the State Scientific Enterprise on Superdeep Drilling and Complex Investigations in the Earth's Interior (GNPP Nedra) as the Deep Geolaboratory. As of 2003, the deepest active bore is SG-5, at 8,578 metres (28,143 ft) deep and 214 mm (87⁄16 in) in diameter.

Note the diameter of the hole 214 mm (87⁄16 in)
The mysterious hole in Russia is much wider than that. It looks to be at least 2 feet in diameter.

In my opinion, the most plausible explanation is a natural pot hole. Here are some references.

www.sentex.net...
en.wikipedia.org...

Here's a natural pot hole.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join