It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Spaceplane, John?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 31 2007 @ 06:52 AM
link   
This thread is intended for the John Lear conspiricy masters forum but I couldn't figure out how to post.

www.popsci.com...
John, what do you think about the spaceplane based on your fathers ultimate creation? Will it be strong enough in your opinion? Did your father ever envision this kind of transformation? Have you ever been consulted on this project? Do you think it could go into commercial production? Thanks, and I apologise for posting stupid questions in your "Questions for John Lear" thread, the U2U I received made me feel ok with it. I really dig your sense of humour and I hope you don't find mine too offbeat.

posted on May, 31 2007 @ 07:02 AM
link   
I really hope you like to talk about it. Blink once for yes twice for no....

posted on May, 31 2007 @ 09:32 AM
link   
Originally posted by DuncanIdahoGholem

John, what do you think about the spaceplane based on your fathers ultimate creation?

Interesting. Gunther Russbacher claimed there is a specially modified Learjet that is currently used to go to the moon.

Will it be strong enough in your opinion?

The Learjet had an 8 spar wing and was stressed, I believe, for over 4 'g's. With enough thrust and small thrusters to keep it level there should be no problem. However it wasn't clear to me how the tail was going to be modified to accommodate the rocket engine. Also with that additional weight in the back either the wings will have to moved aft or the nose moved forward for a proper weight and balance.

Did your father ever envision this kind of transformation?

Not that I ever heard of.

Have you ever been consulted on this project?

No, I am not an engineer.

Do you think it could go into commercial production?

Unlikely.

posted on May, 31 2007 @ 09:44 AM
link   
John,

I'm curious if you think a design like the SR-71 could be modified for space travel? Does the RAM-Jet engine have the thrust necessary to escape earth gravity?

What about a design based on the X-15? Or is it all anti-grav?

posted on May, 31 2007 @ 10:10 AM
link   
Originally posted by Icarus Rising

John,

I'm curious if you think a design like the SR-71 could be modified for space travel?

Practically anything can be modified to accomplish a specific job. The question is it going to be worth it?

By space travel to you mean a quick up and down joyride? Or do you mean to hook up with one of our secret space stations? Or do you mean taking men and equipment back and forth to our operations on the moon? Or do you mean further like Mars? I have heard that in recent years we have landed on and explored Europa which has a civilization much like ours.

Does the RAM-Jet engine have the thrust necessary to escape earth gravity?

I do not know anything about current RAM-jet engine techonology or what they secret technology they use to propel themselves into space these days. We know all the publically advertised stuff but not any of the secret stuff.

What about a design based on the X-15?

Bob Lazar said the Aurora looked similar to a very large X-15. Bob was told Aurora went M 12 at 225,000 feet. He watched it take off only once and he said it was the loudest noise he had ever heard in his life.

Or is it all anti-grav?

A lot of transportatin is anti-grav but a lot is also conventional. The way they keep the secrecy so tight is to compartmentalize everything and to limit access to technology commensurate with the specific level of clearance.

For instance if a guy had a mid level clearance you are not going to put him on a anti-grav craft to the moon.

How do they keep the secrecy? There are several huge prisons within the Nellis Range. I believe one or more are within Area 51. If you violate your security clearance you go to one of those prisons for life without any chance of ever, ever getting out.

posted on May, 31 2007 @ 10:21 AM
link   
FANTABULOUS Disinfo John !!!

Keep it up. The cheque's in the post.

PS. Lets hear a bit more about the little green men and the Soul Catcher Antenna's on the moon that one cracks me right up.

posted on May, 31 2007 @ 10:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by johnlear
A lot of transportatin is anti-grav but a lot is also conventional. The way they keep the secrecy so tight is to compartmentalize everything and to limit access to technology commensurate with the specific level of clearance.

For instance if a guy had a mid level clearance you are not going to put him on a anti-grav craft to the moon.

It is also economics and supply/demand.

You aren't going to use your latest antigravity saucer to put satellites in LEO, you would use a conventional launch vehicle for that as it is the cheaper solution. For those that might wonder, well if they're launching conventional rockets, why don't we see them? As John has stated, a lot of hardware is being launched from Australia where only an aborigine would see it. Also there is Sea Launch capability, much like an oil rig, that Boeing has already announced. So you can imagine if we know about it, how long has the government had such a capability.

www.boeing.com...

posted on May, 31 2007 @ 10:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jack_Deth

Originally posted by johnlear

It is also economics and supply/demand.

You aren't going to use your latest antigravity saucer to put satellites in LEO, you would use a conventional launch vehicle for that as it is the cheaper solution. For those that might wonder, well if they're launching conventional rockets, why don't we see them? As John has stated, a lot of hardware is being launched from Australia where only an aborigine would see it. Also there is Sea Launch capability, much like an oil rig, that Boeing has already announced. So you can imagine if we know about it, how long has the government had such a capability.

But dont you think, if all of these Oz Lauched and Sea launched craft are going up everywhere, that other countries wouldnt be screaming blue murder? What about all the amateur Astronomers with their telescopes pointing upwards and all the Amateur Radio operators listening in or are all theses alleged craft invisible too?

posted on May, 31 2007 @ 10:41 AM
link   
Originally posted by realyweely

FANTABULOUS Disinfo John !!!

Keep it up. The cheque's in the post.

PS. Lets hear a bit more about the little green men

In the infamous words of "Mac" Brazel to Frank Joyce (radio announcer for KGFL) "...and they aren't green!"

posted on May, 31 2007 @ 10:43 AM
link   
But how do you KNOW
I thought you had colour problems with your eyes?

Maybe green is the new Grey ?

[edit on 31/5/07 by realyweely]

posted on May, 31 2007 @ 10:58 AM
link   
Originally posted by realyweely

But how do you KNOW
I thought you had colour problems with your eyes?

Now that you mention it maybe that is why I have never seen a green.

posted on Jul, 20 2007 @ 07:33 AM
link   
Anybody heard any thing about the original topic?

posted on Jul, 20 2007 @ 07:47 AM
link   
A green? John, TV dinners have heaps of greys/greens.
I like the way that every launch NASA performs is reported with the price tag in the first or second sentance. I once attended a class on writing sci-fi. The key to success was apparently establishing a fictional premise that everybody would be drawn into to achieve impossible goals and ignore the impossibilities. Then write the rest.

posted on Aug, 4 2007 @ 04:04 PM
link   
i like your avatar reallyweely.

i think i remember meeting an out of this world Vegan brunette in the officers club at that space dock. aaahhhh, the wonders of zero gravity!!!

jimbo

new topics

top topics

join