Help ATS with a contribution via PayPal:
learn more

TERRORISM: Palestinian Groups Refuse U.S. Aid Because of Anti-Terrorism Pledge

page: 1

join

posted on Jan, 5 2004 @ 09:05 PM
link   
Palestinian aid groups are refusing monetary aid from the US because of the stipulation they sign an agreement not to use the money for terroristic purposes. These groups argue that the US should not be able to determine who qualifies as a terrorist affiliation and who does not. They say they are afraid that they might unwittingly give money to a suspected terrorist group.

ap.tbo.com...

posted on Jan, 5 2004 @ 09:36 PM
link   
"Unwittingly"?
Right......

The US-sponsored committment pretty much states that they can have the money "if" they pledge to not transfer funds to groups or individuals that engage in terrorism. The Palestininian refusal pretty much sums up that Palestine still will not renounce terrorism (Camp David Accords and Oslo Accords). They are in breach of those accords and are pretty much admitting to it now through this refusal/action.

Indicitive of Arafat 'policies' and PLO dogma teachings, its no wonder that, according to the above article, "A few Palestinian towns and aid groups, desperate for funds, have signed the USAID document, but they have done so quietly for fear of negative reaction."

Perhaps Arafat can give or loan his own people a few billion out of those billions that he has......
Btw.....they have a problem pledging or agreeing to not subvert the money for terrorism purposes, but they certainly have not had no problems taking money from the "Great Satan" either.....until now....and thats because the US wants to make certain that the monies go to help the Palestinian people and not to proliferate or fund more terrorist acts. Problem? I wouldn't think so, but its clearly a problem for some to many of the Palestinian Aid Groups. Whys that, I wonder.......

regards
seekerof

posted on Jan, 5 2004 @ 09:42 PM
link   
Good find.

And might I add, an important weird attitude of the Palestinians that will most likely be overlooked by the mainstream media.

Says a lot in my books.

Thanks for sharing!

join