It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Will the Real Planet Venus Please Stand Up!

page: 21
<< 18  19  20    22 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 07:15 PM
link   
reply to post by BlackRosEmyth

Thanks for the translation. It sounds really interesting.

[edit] It seems that this post went to the next page. Hopefully nobody missed my previous post

[edit on 18-9-2009 by Deaf Alien]

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 07:21 PM
link   
lovely balmy day on venus!

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 07:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by MOTT the HOOPLE

View of the southern hemisphere of Venus from equator (right) to the pole (left). The image was taken with the Venus Monitoring Camera (VMC) in the ultraviolet at 365 nanometres on 23 July 2007 as Venus Express was 35000 km from the surface of the planet(ESA © 2007 MPS/DLR-PF/IDA).

It's in ultraviolet.

One thing that has puzzled me recently is that all the images of Venus in real color don't show them bright like we see it in the sky.

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 07:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Deaf Alien

Originally posted by MOTT the HOOPLE

View of the southern hemisphere of Venus from equator (right) to the pole (left). The image was taken with the Venus Monitoring Camera (VMC) in the ultraviolet at 365 nanometres on 23 July 2007 as Venus Express was 35000 km from the surface of the planet(ESA © 2007 MPS/DLR-PF/IDA).

It's in ultraviolet.

One thing that has puzzled me recently is that all the images of Venus in real color don't show them bright like we see it in the sky.

I've seen pictures of Venus being green, purple, and peachy.

how can we be sure that the infomation about planets that they
are giving out are correct, guess we know someday, or go there and see by our self.

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 07:58 PM
link   
reply to post by BlackRosEmyth

I've seen pictures of Venus being green, purple, and peachy.

False colors, most likely.

how can we be sure that the infomation about planets that they are giving out are correct, guess we know someday, or go there and see by our self.

I agree. Why would NASA not want to show us true colors or why wouldn't they send regular color cameras? Same is true for Mars.

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 08:16 PM
link   
Talking about what's the true colour, I found this report of the Venera 13 mission.

The true color is difficult to judge because the Venerian atmosphere filters out blue light. The surface composition is similar to terrestrial basalt.

jra

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 09:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Deaf Alien
I agree. Why would NASA not want to show us true colors or why wouldn't they send regular color cameras? Same is true for Mars.

A regular colour camera doesn't offer any scientific purpose, thus the lack of one on most probes. But there's a simple way to see the true colours of Venus. Simply look at it through a telescope or find images taken by amateur astronomers.

Originally posted by BlackRosEmyth
Talking about what's the true colour, I found this report of the Venera 13 mission.

I believe that's referring to the colour when on the surface of Venus, not it's appearance from orbit. Venera 13 landed on the surface of Venus.

Some images here

posted on Sep, 19 2009 @ 08:51 AM
link   
At the end of the day, we are spoon fed information about our planets by government sponsored space exploration agencies. have you ever stopped to think why they describe other planets as such hostile environments?

This is a conspiracy theorist website and to be quite frank, I would expect a little more conjecture as opposed to people simply regurgitating NASA pap as if its gospel.

Remote viewing is a very real and proven phenomena and people who poo poo it have either not researched it properly or are just plain ignorant.

imagine if the agency came out and said a certain planet was pretty much like our own and can or does support intelligent life. Do you not think that private corporations would noy get together and finance a mission together to explore and exploit?

Maybe thats why the truth has not been made public. If I said the Chinese had been to the moon over 3000 yrs ago would you call me a nut job? Would you ask me for links? incapable or too lazy to do your own research.

Your governments and their agencies wouldnt lie to you?...... do me a favour.
knowledge is king and they know it.

PEACE,
RK

[edit on 19-9-2009 by Rigel Kent]

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 01:50 PM
link   
That's the thing with science...
It's like medicine. Few people have the knowledge to question their doctors. If the doctor says A...it must be A.

NASA, or whoever, can tell us anything they want to about Venus, or any other planetary object that we are unable to see. And, we don't have much to go on, but on their word. A word that, many times in the past, have been shown to be lies.

We do not have their equipment. We cannot visit Venus. We cannot Vacation there. We can only dream about it...and, worst of all, we can only listen to what these so-called "professionals" have to say.

I do find it strange that Venus is portrayed to be such a hostile, violent, lifeless planet. There is nothing good to say about that planet. It's almost as if, they don't want you to even inquire about it, because it's so barren and full of hazardous, potentially fatal chemicals, atmospheric pressures that will crush you and water that probably only exists in the form of steam that will melt you.

I wonder...really, what is up there...

Until space exploration becomes open to the public, and where people from the public can launch their own machines up there...we'll never really know what waits for us in the heavens...until what awaits us up there, decides to pay us a personal visit.

posted on Sep, 21 2009 @ 12:51 PM
link   
accidental double

[edit on 21-9-2009 by ngchunter]

posted on Sep, 21 2009 @ 12:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rigel Kent
This is a conspiracy theorist website and to be quite frank, I would expect a little more conjecture as opposed to people simply regurgitating NASA pap as if its gospel.

Not everyone here is a conspiracy theorist.

Remote viewing is a very real and proven phenomena and people who poo poo it have either not researched it properly or are just plain ignorant.

When it makes claims that are verifiably wrong I don't see why anyone should dogmatically trust it over the reports of multiple agencies internationally.

Maybe thats why the truth has not been made public. If I said the Chinese had been to the moon over 3000 yrs ago would you call me a nut job?

That would get me banned, doesn't mean I wouldn't think it though...

Would you ask me for links?

Yes.

incapable or too lazy to do your own research.

You'd be the one making the claim, not me, it's not my or anyone else's job to present research for YOUR claim for you.

Your governments and their agencies wouldnt lie to you?

Who's lying to me about Venus? Not all astronomers work for NASA. I've seen it for myself; it's completely covered in clouds at all times, and even amateurs have looked at it during solar transits where you can see just how ridiculously thick the atmosphere is, and in non-visible wavelengths as well and confirmed professional findings.

posted on Mar, 22 2010 @ 04:57 PM
link   
I have come up with my own theory on Venus no proof what so ever to give, My feeling tells me that The stats about Venus are true or close to it in regards to its temperature no water thick atmosphere blah blah... Now I am nobody no scientist no dr just some on that can piece things together.. .Maybe.. To my point. Do you remember making as a kid a Maynoise jar with some dirt some moss water and plastic wrap over the top? Well amzing how self sufficient that mini world was. If the temperature in that jar was that of Venus the water would evaporate from the surface and collect in its little atmosphere but being its so small im making assumptions but trying to relate it as if it were a large planet... All of the water on venus evaporated so it collected in the atmosphere the water vapors are to large and heavy to exit off to space so it sits there in mass caose liek dense fog. So no wonder its so bright in the sky all that sun light reflecting off the water vapor.

The sun is a star, going off of our astronomers and it shall increase in size as they say all stars do soooo what if the sun was smaller at one point in time and because of it being smaller Venus was not so hot and the water was there and WE lived on that planet. BEfore the volcanoes destroyed what we have built. So as we are looking at mars now because we (government) knows we will need to move there someday when the sun gets so large that our earth becomes inhabitable and mars warms up to where the Ice melts and creates and atmosphere. i think we are pretty adaptable and im curious as planet mars build an atmosphere and the sun gets bigger do you think the gravity will increase? Maybe Earths gravity started out less and thats why it was easier to build the great pyramids.. As for venus spinning in the oposite direction well the poles must be different. i think simple magnets show us this its the only way..imho

Maybe some truth to the bible Adam and Eve to start all over again. Would the goverment hold all this info secret well absolutely like it was said on other posts the corporations would probably take over to run this world.. plus jsut the whole religion aspect i think the Gov is scared what may happen if they let us know the bible was intended to just create order in its time and to make people feel as if they were held accountable FEAR the same tactics we use on our own children..

[edit on 22-3-2010 by mobilenobody]

posted on Mar, 23 2010 @ 12:52 AM
link   
uts funny you mention this because ive never heard this theory before and just a few hours ago i read this thread on ATS

people from venus

on the topic of remote viewing, i believe those people more than i do the gov. only because of my own personal experiences which i have validated a few times. so to think these people actually wittnesed this is incredible and i would love to see this myself, even if it isnt real, to get a glimps of something like that and believe its real would keep me content

posted on Mar, 23 2010 @ 06:25 PM
link   
reply to post by mobilenobody

i have a similar theory mobile. I like your theory, great thinking! I am like you, i have no background to back any of this up, just thoughts.

My theory is that the planets are either slowly moving towards or away from the sun at a very slow rate.

If this were to be true, the either venus or mars could have been in a position to harbor life.

To go even further with this theory, maybe human like beings lived on either planet and had to escape to the new planet, earth.

posted on Mar, 23 2010 @ 09:06 PM
link   
reply to post by BeastMaster2012

that makes a whole lot of sence....when you think about the whole ancient astronauts theroy

posted on Mar, 23 2010 @ 09:15 PM
link   
Yes, it is interesting. Maybe there was a certain race that lived on mars or venus and came to Earth where humans had already been there.

Maybe these people from Venus/Mars have been visiting for years, centuries or milleniums before their world expired and maybe they were slowly bringing people to the planet. Maybe the african's were put here first and are darker because of this.

I really think the myths of Venus could possibly answer any theories.

When you look at the photos from Venus and Mars they are just too earth like. It almost seems obvious that there was life on them at some point.

I would guess Venus would be the best guess as the planet we came from and that we will soon be on mars. It is a lot of fun to think about.. humans planet hopping!

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 11:42 AM
link   
Interesting read. I do believe this should be "bumped" atleast once a year.

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 06:26 PM
link   
reply to post by e11888

I have come up with my own theory on Venus no proof what so ever to give, My feeling tells me that The stats about Venus are true or close to it in regards to its temperature no water thick atmosphere blah blah... Now I am nobody no scientist no dr just some on that can piece things together.. .Maybe.. To my point. Do you remember making as a kid a Maynoise jar with some dirt some moss water and plastic wrap over the top? Well amzing how self sufficient that mini world was. If the temperature in that jar was that of Venus the water would evaporate from the surface and collect in its little atmosphere but being its so small im making assumptions but trying to relate it as if it were a large planet... All of the water on venus evaporated so it collected in the atmosphere the water vapors are to large and heavy to exit off to space so it sits there in mass caose liek dense fog. So no wonder its so bright in the sky all that sun light reflecting off the water vapor.

The sun is a star, going off of our astronomers and it shall increase in size as they say all stars do soooo what if the sun was smaller at one point in time and because of it being smaller Venus was not so hot and the water was there and WE lived on that planet. BEfore the volcanoes destroyed what we have built. So as we are looking at mars now because we (government) knows we will need to move there someday when the sun gets so large that our earth becomes inhabitable and mars warms up to where the Ice melts and creates and atmosphere.

Well look, the above is an excerpt from a post just from above. It's pure and sheer nonsense. You can bump it all you want, but it doesn't change that basic fact.

posted on May, 17 2013 @ 04:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by e11888
Interesting read. I do believe this should be "bumped" atleast once a year.

A few years late..but heres the 'bump'....

Anyway, there is a reason I am bumping, I'm starting to feel sorry for poor old Venus lately, and have noticed recently that Venus hardly gets any press coverage or media attention compared to Mars. Now I know Mars is flavour of the month recently due to Curiosity, but I am staring to think there is a conspiracy to hide Venus, I mean it's practically our sister planet - a real Nibiru if you will, and a place I find more interesting than Mars the red (dead) planet.

Considering that at higher altitudes conditions are alot more temperate I am surpised by the lack of interest in going there. Geoffrey Landis from NASA has posted a nice PDF detailing his plans for future missions:-

Geoffrey Landis PDF

Case example (OK not the best - but go easy on me) that has prompted this post was last night I was watching some Channel 5 (UK) documentary on the possibility of Alien life out in the cosmos, they compared the planets of our solar system aparently to scale, but showed Venus to be almost the same size of Mars..that bugged me a little.

My 'way out' theory is, as this thread has postulated, is that there is more to meet the eye regards Venus, and they are using Mars as a cosmological false flag....

jra

posted on May, 18 2013 @ 04:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by doorhandle
I'm starting to feel sorry for poor old Venus lately, and have noticed recently that Venus hardly gets any press coverage or media attention compared to Mars. Now I know Mars is flavour of the month recently due to Curiosity, but I am staring to think there is a conspiracy to hide Venus, I mean it's practically our sister planet - a real Nibiru if you will, and a place I find more interesting than Mars the red (dead) planet.

You can't hide a planet. It's simply due to the fact that there aren't as many missions to Venus as there is Mars at this time. However the ESA has one probe orbiting it and it's been there since 2006. India and Russia have some planned missions as well. The Russian one consists of an orbiter, 2 balloons, 4 microprobes (from the balloons) and a lander that will last about an hour due to the extremely harsh conditions.

Mars probably gets more attention simply because your rovers and landers have the chance to exceed there designed lifetimes where as on Venus it's guaranteed to be very short.

top topics

<< 18  19  20    22 >>

join