It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Will the Real Planet Venus Please Stand Up!

page: 19
<< 16  17  18    20  21  22 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 12 2008 @ 10:49 AM
link   
reply to post by tep200377

Tep, I had exact same feelings about the united nuclear site. I actually like a lot of the stuff that they sell there (if they do so indeed). Seriously, some of these kits I wouldn't mind getting for Xmas

But he has a cheap hosting package that doesn't include mailboxes under his domain name. That's weird. They also accept PayPal and not normal credit cards. This is also highly suspect. If he's a super secret govt and military contractor, setting up a merchant account is surely easy and affordable.

The whole "backlog of orders" story is strange. My theory is that Bob has only a small fraction of items in stock, and once he get an order, he tries to source missing items at other suppliers, which indeed cant take months.

My feeling is that he is a tinkerer and has a lot of interest in all these para-nuclear items. He has my respect for that. But that's where his powers end.

posted on Jan, 12 2008 @ 02:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by tep200377
Let me get this straigh. BL has his own "pretend" company that he himself is in charge of. He has the title as CEO, who is his employers then?

Why don't you email Lazar and ask him? However, he's not obliged to tell you anything.

What government would hire a man that claims that the government is keeping secrets, and dedicates his life to expose them .. ???

Was that supposed to be a point of disinformation? How has he dedicated 'his life' to expose the government. When he initially made his claims about working at S-4, he made the Australian mainstream media. Now, the ordinary person on the street wouldn't have a clue who he is. So much for dedicating your 'life's work' to exposing a secret - he's failed in that regard!

This I don't understand. Is it a busy time in the christmas holidays for the chemistry people? Do scientists buy christmas presents at this site or what?

Perhaps Lazar is busy with his family during Xmas? Perhaps his own suppliers and wholesalers are busy during Xmas? Perhaps he, his suppliers and wholesalers are taking some holidays during Xmas? You do know what holidays are, right?

And last .. the emails .. "[email protected]" ?
Why not [email protected] or [email protected] and so on ..

What difference does his email make? I guess when you clutch at straws to try and debunk something, that anything not fitting your pre-conceived notions of a 'company' will look suspicious.

buddhasystem
If he's a super secret govt and military contractor, setting up a merchant account is surely easy and affordable.

Huh? Where does he claim to be super secret, when his website and wares are easily viewed on the internet? What's the point of that weak implication you made?

[edit on 12-1-2008 by tezzajw]

posted on Jan, 12 2008 @ 03:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by tezzajw

And last .. the emails .. "[email protected]" ?
Why not [email protected] or [email protected] and so on ..

What difference does his email make?

It does make a difference. Serious businesses don't use yahoo accounts. Or any ISP-domain name accoutns like "lobo". It's plain misleading -- if I want to write to Lazar, I fully expect it to be [email protected], not [email protected]. And they don't print their business cards on toilet paper either. Of course if Bob did that, you'd say that it's irrelevant.

[edit on 12-1-2008 by buddhasystem]

posted on Jan, 12 2008 @ 03:56 PM
link   
Wow tezzajw! Your jibberish-word-generator are on highspeed tonight ey? 177 words of uther noncence.. Somethimes i wonder if you think your answers trough before you write them.

Originally posted by tezzajw
Why don't you email Lazar and ask him? However, he's not obliged to tell you anything.

Why don't I email him to not expect an answer? However, I have nothing to ask BL!

Was that supposed to be a point of disinformation? How has he dedicated 'his life' to expose the government. When he initially made his claims about working at S-4, he made the Australian mainstream media. Now, the ordinary person on the street wouldn't have a clue who he is. So much for dedicating your 'life's work' to exposing a secret - he's failed in that regard!

I totaly agree, he failed and fails.. Its nice that we can agree to something

Perhaps Lazar is busy with his family during Xmas? Perhaps his own suppliers and wholesalers are busy during Xmas? Perhaps he, his suppliers and wholesalers are taking some holidays during Xmas? You do know what holidays are, right?

Perhaps, if he runs a serious company, he would prioritize the incoming orders since he has so much problems with delivering. Thats how you make a living when runing a company on your own.

I've been running a company of my own for 9 years now, and if there is a lot of work to do, I WORK. And if I dont't have time to do everything my self, I leave it to one of my emplyess or hire contractors.

If BL's only problem is to pack and ship orders, well, I believe any guy on the street could help him with that for a low salary.

When it comes to holidays in the Xmas.. well, it doesn't last for 1 month. Heck, it's even normal to work on christmas day where I come from.

What difference does his email make? I guess when you clutch at straws to try and debunk something, that anything not fitting your pre-conceived notions of a 'company' will look suspicious.

You are simply amazing..
For future reference, I think I'll ignore you from now on..

And to the rest, sorry for the derailing ..

Edit: worth noticing .. His prices are very high..
So high that it might look like he overprices himself to avoid orders.

Just a quick example
www.unitednuclear.com...
compared to
www.besthongkong.com...

Notice that he doesn't mention the brightness of the LED.

And even more funny: These LED's with keychain and battery included are cheaper : www.besthongkong.com...

Oh well, the military doesn't look at prices right? .. They just want a serious reseller

[edit on 12-1-2008 by tep200377]

posted on Jan, 12 2008 @ 07:32 PM
link   
UL seems like a pretty cheap site production value wise. It is an odd dichotomy between the lofty claims of the UFOlogy aspect and the somewhat tawdry reality of the man. I don't assume that this dichotomy somehow inherently makes him less reliable a witness - the eyes of nuns and prostitutes work the same way - but it is to me at least a sad dichotomy.

posted on Jan, 12 2008 @ 09:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Umbra Sideralis

Nice picture of Venus
You forgot to mention that is a Venus: Mariner 10, NASA shot

As to the ORANGE color...

Adler Planetarium says:

Orange Images

Take note: Any orange images of Venus that you see have been artificially colorized for effect. Venus is not really like that. NASA and JPL (the Jet Propulsion Laboratory) decided to use orange because it is a warm color.

Source

Courtney Seligman, Professor of Astronomy says:

"...colored orange to simulate "hot" surface"

NASA says:

The true color is difficult to judge because the Venerian atmosphere filters out blue light.

Here is the Russian image...

NASA says:

This color 170 degree panorama was produced using dark blue, green and red filters and has a resolution of 4 to 5 min.

Buddhasystem says:

What you are used to see, in the way of orange, is
(a) data from the Soviet probes who actually photographed the surface and produced other spectrographic data
(b) artificial colors found in compound images obtained via radar scans; these were colored orange to be "more realistic", as obviously there is no color in radar pics, and yet the corresponding optical image would be orange due to the experimental data we have

Well the Russian image is above... and below is the "hot orange" color that NASA picked to "highlight Magelnan images. Personally the Russian (who actually took photos) image looks 'more realistic' than the 'lava orange' we are 'used' to seeing...

Tayfun Öner from unmannedspaceflight.com says:

It is unbelievable that Venus is the nearest planet and we still don't have a single global true color image of it. Galileo could have done it but did not, I don't know if Cassini could do it because of technical issues. It may or not have a scientific value but it should be done. I hope Venus Express has a suitable camera and filters for this job. (Pluto not yet explored, Venus not yet explored in true color).

Yes quite unbelievable indeed...

I wonder why?

[edit on 12-1-2008 by zorgon]

posted on Jan, 13 2008 @ 01:41 PM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

Zorgon:

a) the Soviet pics of Venus still look like orange haze, there is no way around it. The Soviet sites have pics that look somewhat more intense orange than the one you posted, but that's all right.

b) Amazing that we don't have a global pic of Venus in true color? Clouds, Sir. Clouds. Sulphuric acid, Sir.

posted on Jan, 14 2008 @ 11:00 AM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

[From outside source: (I do not know how to do it the way others do...I used the 'copy/paste' function of Windows).]

"The area was composed of bedrock outcrops surrounded by dark, fine-grained soil. After landing an imaging panorama was started and a mechanical drilling arm reached to the surface and obtained a sample, which was deposited in a hermetically sealed chamber, maintained at 30 °C and a pressure of about 0.05 atmosphere (5 kPa). The composition of the sample determined by the X-ray fluorescence spectrometer put it in the class of weakly differentiated melanocratic alkaline gabbroids.

The lander survived for 127 minutes (the planned design life was 32 minutes) in an environment with a temperature of 457 °C (855 °F) and a pressure of 84 Earth atmospheres (8.5 MPa). The descent vehicle transmitted data to the bus, which acted as a data relay as it flew by Venus.

Recording a loud thunder, Venera 13 was the first probe to record sound on another world. The Huygens probe was the second."

Above sourced from Wikipedia in reference to Venera 13. Sorry, Zorgon, but we have to have all the facts from the Russians, not just the ones you 'clip' and post. I mean, facts is facts.

[the edit was to add explanation, and quotes]

[edit on 14-1-2008 by weedwhacker]

posted on Jan, 15 2008 @ 02:07 AM
link   
Could Val Thor and his friends really come from a hollow Venus? Could such a world, with such a surface, be hollow? With Earth-like conditions on the inside, rather than the outside of the planet?

I know the short answer is going to be, "what are you, retarded? NO of course not" but... what if?

And what if all planet(oid)s were hollow, in the classic theory sense ie big hollow evacuated spaces inside? Could this explain the macons of the moon?

If Venus were by some miracle hollow with a colony of spacefaring hominids inside, how could they feasibly get from there to outer space to Earth and back unobserved? They must use actual physics to do this in my thought experiment. Let's leave what amounts to magic to Gandalf and Harry Potter.

posted on Jan, 16 2008 @ 05:46 AM
link   
From BUFO paranormal radio:

The physicists William Plummer and John Strong stated that Venus may have large areas of bearable temperatures. The regions near the Venusian north and south poles would be much cooler than the areas reportedly monitored by space probes. Furthermore, according to Professor Alexander Lebedinsky, in the Soviet Union, in data suppressed by the United States Pentagon complex, the usual surface temperature of much of Venus must be about 110 degrees Fahrenheit, even though "radio---electric" measurements indicated 700 or more degrees. Similar observations can be made on the relatively COOL surfaces of gas tubes used in neon signs, because the radio--electric equivalent of those tubes is also several thousand degrees!

What the??

posted on Jan, 16 2008 @ 11:00 AM
link   
reply to post by DogHead

Dog, please check this out:

en.wikipedia.org...

The temperature was measured directly, if I read this right, and was 869 °F.

posted on Jan, 16 2008 @ 06:50 PM
link   
Exactly... Where does the other information on the Venus is 110 degrees site come from??

What the??

posted on Jan, 16 2008 @ 09:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by DogHead
Exactly... Where does the other information on the Venus is 110 degrees site come from??
What the??

OK, I used my powers as a fluent speaker of Russian to research this issue... The originator of these claims, Dr.Lebedinsky, actually died before Venera-7 (the first probe to actuallt carry a working thermometer) touched down on Venus. He had no way of knowing what the deal was.

posted on Jan, 16 2008 @ 09:24 PM
link   
Ah. It just seemed like a classic odd factoid for them to lay out, these low temperatures when everything else is saying horrendously high temperatures.

posted on Jan, 17 2008 @ 01:26 AM
link   

Ah. It just seemed like a classic odd factoid for them to lay out, these low temperatures when everything else is saying horrendously high temperatures.

LOL probably faulty gauges... like that one on Apollo 8 that gave us that neutral point... I bet all that sulphuric acid messed up the readings

posted on Jan, 17 2008 @ 01:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by buddhasystem
Zorgon:

a) the Soviet pics of Venus still look like orange haze, there is no way around it. The Soviet sites have pics that look somewhat more intense orange than the one you posted, but that's all right.

Ummm okay so the sulphuric acid you claim is all over the place... (even though all the Russian images show a clear rainless sky :cool
destroyed the color panorama cameras so they have no color picture..

They used spectrographic analysis to "guess" at the color... here is a range...

The 'orange' that you are so found of...

The small images show the form of the spectrum from 360 to 830 nm, with the area under the curve filled in with the corresponding sRGB standard value. Actual spectral data extended well into the infrared, to identify gas absorption bands. The spectra are converted to XYZ color space via the usual CIE tables, and then converted to a standard gamma corrected RGB space defined for televisions and monitors. The increasingly orange color is due to rayleigh scattering by the thick atmosphere, and possibly an additional unknown blue-absorbing gas component.

So they 'guessed' at the color and NASA picked up on that. Reading the above text .. thats a lot of 'conversion' there to get that 'orange'

Next strip...

The zenith sky spectra (360 - 830 nm) for three Venus landers are shown below, as measured by the IOAV and IOAV-2 spectrometers. Variations in color are due to differing atmospheric depths and sun angles at the landing sites. Colors are sRGB calculated from spectra. Sky color was also measured by Venera-9 and 10, with a four-filter photometer, and sky brightness was measured by two photometers onboard Venera-8.

So I guess sunset on Venus is "Saffron Skies" Maybe Howard Menger was on Venus

SOURCE

[edit on 17-1-2008 by zorgon]

jra

posted on Jan, 17 2008 @ 05:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by zorgon
Ummm okay so the sulphuric acid you claim is all over the place... (even though all the Russian images show a clear rainless sky :cool
destroyed the color panorama cameras so they have no color picture..

Have you looked at the images carefully? I don't see clear skies. I see an overcast sky. Look at the image on the left. You can see the surface disapearing into the thick haze. The sky is over exposed because the ground needed to be properly exposed. Another clue is the lack of strong defined shadows. Look at the image on the right. Note the rock on the right near the base of the lander. Note that you can see the ground under it and no strong shadows or definable outline anywhere.

posted on Jan, 20 2008 @ 01:00 AM
link   

What the??

Interesting bunch of papers... this will take a while to look at

posted on Jan, 21 2008 @ 09:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by zorgon

What the??

Interesting bunch of papers... this will take a while to look at

Look here for the debunk of Dr.Lebedinsky post by buddhasystem

posted on Jan, 31 2008 @ 03:03 AM
link   
I think whats seen or known in the atmosphere is no basis in determining if life can exist on that planet. Now I dont think life exist on Mercury but who knows, but perhaps on all other planets? yeah, because truly you have to view the inner most atmosphere of a planet to really get an understanding of whats going on, not the outer most.

top topics

<< 16  17  18    20  21  22 >>

join