It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Google Maps Street View Found E.T.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 30 2007 @ 04:00 PM
link   
Google Maps Street View Finds E.T.

I just found this on Gizmodo of all places, and it is showing a new view from Google Maps, which is the street view. I have no way of explaining this, but it did seem unusual enough to drive me to post it here.

Anyhow, the picture is of a random looking field with a UFO'esque looking beam of light being shot down in the middle of the screen.

What seems more unusual is the appearance of what looks to be smoke surrounding the beam.

I would love to see what all your takes are on this piece. Real, hoax, Google manipulation, ET? Let me know what you think.

posted on May, 30 2007 @ 04:11 PM
link   
to me it appears this may really be some sort of laser weapon but the "et" appears to be smoke

posted on May, 30 2007 @ 04:49 PM
link   
here's the direct link

if you zoom out and click on the yellow bar labeled SE it'll move the image along the street but the laser and smoke/alien remain, either the pics were taken traveling parallel to this beam, its a glitch or feature in the image or it's a manipulation.

[edit on 30-5-2007 by pieman]

posted on May, 30 2007 @ 06:30 PM
link   
Why do people waste our time with this rubbish.

posted on May, 30 2007 @ 06:56 PM
link   
Google maps has a lot of anomalies like this, many interesting ones too.. but I don't think this is anything more than a camera screw up.

posted on May, 30 2007 @ 07:02 PM
link   
Another one posted there.
link

Looks to be a good ole lens flare :/

[edit on 30-5-2007 by Freezer]

posted on May, 30 2007 @ 07:04 PM
link   
Sorry, but it's just a glitch. When you click the yellow bar, to move southeast once, then rotate the camera right, so the "E.T" and the Truck are in the same frame, you can clearly see that the anomaly is not part of the original image. (Same effect is gained when the camera is rotated almost any way, so the E.T. isn't in the center). Under it, there is a small break in the map, indicating a fault, or glitch in the image.

Or....

Since Freezer mentioned it, if you click south east 'Till you go under the bridge, the E.T. Stays in front of the camera, Wherever the sun is. So, 'tis probably Lens Glare. Which makes sense, lens flare makes a break in an image.

[edit on (5/30/0707 by Hexidecimal]

posted on May, 30 2007 @ 07:28 PM
link   
Ion Cannon detected...

In all seriousness, i agree with the posts above. It is easily explainable.

posted on May, 31 2007 @ 07:03 PM
link   
LOL, and people missed this Gigawatt laser and a smoky alien on a busy highway or simply ignored it ? Ahh these smoking puffy aliens with their pillar wide lasers are everywhere these days....lets drive on

But seriously, the google street view is one of the coolest thing I've seen from these google guys. I feel that future is already here....

Very soon, we'll have full VR cities, true to life and we'll be able to roam and find anything there, even buy things and visit our friends...all on google maps.

posted on May, 31 2007 @ 07:27 PM
link   
Definatly lens flare without a doubt in both cases, but isn't fascinating that google earth has this now, i haven't even had the chance to get into it yet.

posted on May, 31 2007 @ 09:56 PM
link   
I agree. Many anomolies accompany this type of venue.

Here is the same ET and laser but different scene.

google

posted on Jul, 19 2008 @ 08:52 PM
link   
And not ONE person is concerned that Google is taking pictures of YOUR house and posting them so anyone can find you?

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 12:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by zorgon
And not ONE person is concerned that Google is taking pictures of YOUR house and posting them so anyone can find you?

im very lonley and would welcome the company

seen some good images taken i think if i was that crack dealer they picked up id be keeping pretty low....

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 12:55 AM
link   
wow i just found my place

my car isnrt there and it looks like my letter box is leaning over lol

it is kinda weird seeing your home on google ... i was hoping it wouldnt have been done yet cause i was gunna wait for it and do a streak down the street

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 01:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by Demandred
seen some good images taken

Yup and watch out for sunbathing on your roof

I like this one...

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 01:17 AM
link   
OMfGz0rz!!1! E.T.!!! phone muhfuggin home! w00t!

Methinks that is some sort of lens anomaly. Not actually ET.

new topics

top topics

join