It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Boeing sued over secret CIA flights

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 30 2007 @ 03:53 PM
link   
Firm sued over secret CIA flights
Full Story

A US civil liberties group is suing a subsidiary of Boeing for allegedly helping the CIA fly suspects to secret overseas jails where they were abused.

The American Civil Liberties Union (ACLU) has filed the lawsuit against Jeppesen Dataplan on behalf of three men allegedly abducted by the CIA.

posted on May, 30 2007 @ 04:01 PM
link   
While I'm a firm believe in holding governments and their accomplices accountable for their actions, I think this lawsuit is over-steeping it's bounds and venturing into near desperate obsession.

What ever happened to the good ole days when we treated prisoners in accord with International Law? Who's to say whether these prisoners were actually tortured or not? It still remains a fact that they were taken to secret bases around the world for interrogation.

Though I disagree with the way these interrogations were carried out, I think the ACLU is out of line by suing Jeppesen Dataplan. That's like suing GM because a drunk driver killed your spouse.

Am I alone on this issue?

edit for spelling

[edit on 30-5-2007 by tyranny22]

posted on Jun, 4 2007 @ 12:02 PM
link   
The title should be al Qaeda files suit against American business with help from the ACLU.

Here is the full legal complaint filed in North California.

[edit on 6/4/07 by makeitso]

posted on Jun, 4 2007 @ 01:48 PM
link   
The ACLU needs to be sued for stupidity.

How can they be so low to stoop to a level of defending the enemy?

Oh! I forgot! THEY ARE THE ENEMY!

BTW, any red-blooded American judge will throw this case out before it even hits their desk.

posted on Jun, 4 2007 @ 03:43 PM
link   
Why? Because this is not the way our country works. That is how countries like Syria, Israel, China, Russia and smaller SA nations with dictators for leaders act. These countries all condone torture. We here in the USA have always been outspoken against it and have always sought to change leadership who imposed and utilized such things. This is not how the United States is supposed to act. It starts out with things like this in the beginning where outsiders are tortured, well if its not nipped in the bud now what will stop them from doing it to people here as well. If this sort of thing bothers you that we aren't able to torture people, then there are many countries out there that allow it.

posted on Jun, 4 2007 @ 03:49 PM
link   
They didn't file a suit claiming Jeppesen Inc. tortured them Pie.

They filed suit against Jeppesen for providing flight data, weather data, making flights available, etc.

top topics

join