It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My review of "Bug"

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 30 2007 @ 03:49 PM
link   
This film appears to be made expressly for the ATS, conspiracy theorist in mind.

I wouldn't be a bit surprised if William Friedkin didn't do a lot of his research on this Forum.

My GF loved this movie, but I found it one dimensional and very thin in the plot department. Maybe that's what Friedkin purpose was, to show a VERY intense narrow slice of psychosis. But I found the filimic contrast between reality and psychosis very disturbing and confusing. I found the lack of clues as to when we were seeing the world from the characters eyes and actual reality sort of lame.

Still this film was totally engrossing, entertaining, some powerful imagry, profane, and not for the squeamish.

Ashley Judd was great, as was Mike Shannon. In fact all the actors played their parts exceptionally well.

If you like films that are about acting, character development, and not CGI, I think you will appreciate, if not enjoy, this movie.

posted on Jun, 4 2007 @ 05:02 PM
link   
No one here at ATS/BTS seen this Movie?

I would really like some feedback, even if you thought the film stunk or stinks.

I'm tempeted to see it again just to see Ashley Judd, nekked.

Piqued your intrest yet?

SR

posted on Jun, 4 2007 @ 05:06 PM
link   
Is it meant to be a horror can i ask was it worthwhile watching scare wise? or lame like the dawn of the dead remakes.

posted on Jun, 4 2007 @ 06:02 PM
link   
Thanks SR,

I don't think the intent of the film was to scare the viewer but to give a glimpse into the etiology of madness.

This film was actually an adaptation of a stage play.

The only really frightening thing about this film is the realization that seemingly normal people can be psychotic and violent.

posted on Jun, 5 2007 @ 06:43 PM
link   
I went with my sister to see this a couple weeks ago and we loved it. I hadn't even seen a trailor for it but my sister assured me it was good.

I thought it started off a bit slow but loved the way it all came together at the end.

I was shocked to find out it was based on a true story. It's scary to know someone can be just a little mentally off and then be so easily pulled into someone elses delusion.

I would give it 3 out of 5 stars.Lol

[edit on 5-6-2007 by Myrtales Instinct]

new topics

top topics

join