It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CDC Scrambles To Locate 80 Passengers Who May Be Carrying Deadly Form of TB

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 30 2007 @ 03:14 PM
link   

CDC Scrambles To Locate 80 Passengers Who May Be Carrying Deadly Form of TB

news.yahoo.com

A man with a form of tuberculosis so dangerous he is under the first U.S. government-ordered quarantine since 1963 had health officials around the world scrambling Wednesday to find about 80 passengers who sat within five rows of him on two trans-Atlantic flights.

The man told a newspaper he took the first flight from Atlanta to Europe for his wedding, then the second flight home because he feared he might die without treatment in the U.S.
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 5/30/2007 by shots]

posted on May, 30 2007 @ 03:14 PM
link   
I sure hope they locate all those that may be infected and fast tuberculosis can be very dangerous.

news.yahoo.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 5/30/2007 by shots]

posted on May, 31 2007 @ 12:59 PM
link   
Just braking on Fox it would appear the father in law of the attonrey who is carryiing the TB specializes in TB research at the CDC.

When asked if there was a possiblity if his son-in-law could have gotten it from he answered absolutely not.

TB Patient ID'd as Attorney

Interestingly, Speaker's father-in-law is Dr. Robert Cooksey, who works in a lab at the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and specializes in TB.FoxNews

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

One would think if the above is true and this turns into a civil case their number one suspect would be the father in law.

[edit on 5/31/2007 by shots]

posted on May, 31 2007 @ 01:05 PM
link   
OMG .... the father-in-law specializes in TB research with the CDC .. and suddenly the son-in-law comes up with this rare form of TB?

What are the chances ??

I SMELL CONSPIRACY!!

Seriously though .. the guy with TB should charged with something. The feds say he wasn't restricted from not flying so they haven't charged him. But MY GOD!!! He has put the lives of thousands of people in jeapordy.

The idiot should pay or be punshed.

Yes .. even though he's an educated attorney .. in my opinion he is a freak'n selfish IDIOT for running around the planet with TB.

posted on May, 31 2007 @ 02:12 PM
link   

This story is getting real bizarre

This is starting to read like a spy story of illusion and deception. They are now saying he was put on the no fly list arrived in Canada where he presumably rented a car and drove it over the border W/O The Guards at the border stopping him as they should have.

Obviously one could or would think that guard/guards might be in trouble big time. What if this individual had been a known terrorist? Why didn't the Canadians or American Border Agents catch him?

[edit on 5/31/2007 by shots]

posted on May, 31 2007 @ 02:20 PM
link   
Well I don't think the Canadian border agents have any right to stop people from leaving the country, their only concern is for those coming in, though I do agree it is strange that the American guards didn't stop him.

posted on May, 31 2007 @ 02:23 PM
link   
Forgot to include the updated story

The government is investigating how a globe-trotting tuberculosis patient drove back into the country even after his name was put on a no-fly list provided to border guards.

The failure exposed a major gap in a system that is supposed to keep the direst of diseases from crossing borders.

But the communications breakdown at a U.S.-Canada border crossing was only one of a series of missed opportunities to catch the Atlanta man and his wife who seemed determined to elude health officials.

AP/YahooNews.com extra DIV

posted on May, 31 2007 @ 02:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by sardion2000
Well I don't think the Canadian border agents have any right to stop people from leaving the country, their only concern is for those coming in, though I do agree it is strange that the American guards didn't stop him.

True but one has to remember that the couple had to go through Canadian Customs when they arrived in Canada, yet Canadian Customs allowed them to enter wihout stopping them.

posted on Jun, 1 2007 @ 10:30 AM
link   
Can't you see the potential mass round-up and consequential quarrentine (imprisonment) of countless individuals, under the guise of attempts to curtail the spreading of this deadly (probably weaponized) disease. Oh yeah, I smell something stinky. Don't get the vaccine!

new topics

top topics

join