It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

what really happened on aug 14th 2003

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 5 2004 @ 08:04 PM
link   
well this was in the Toronto Star today and the headline caught my attention while I was walking to school
story

Toronto almost ran out of water, documents reveal

well you gotta read the whole article, but when I was listening to the radio during the blackout the press conferences being held by our mayor said that we had sufficent water supplies. Can't complain though I did enjoy the blackout

posted on Jan, 5 2004 @ 08:10 PM
link   
Hmmm, of course they would never admit that TO was running low on water at the time. The blackout did bring a fun night.
hehe, it was amusing a few days after reading about several people being hospitalized for ingesting gasoline.

posted on Jan, 5 2004 @ 09:12 PM
link   
It's really simple, When their is no electricity, the drinkable water can't be pump. It's why they where running low on water.... In 1998 when the Province of Quebec has its badest storm of freezing rain that almost half of the Quebec has power failure, In the Montreal Area, The Mayor and the civil security was starting to be worried because they where running so low in water that in case of a fire they will pump the water of the Municipal Pump to extinguished the fire.

posted on Jan, 6 2004 @ 12:04 AM
link   
Parts of my area ran out of water, too. They were trucking it in. Lots of places lost water pressure and were on boil alerts. (and, to think we live next to a lake
) They just didn't have the power to pump it.

posted on Jan, 6 2004 @ 12:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by parrhesia
Hmmm, of course they would never admit that TO was running low on water at the time. The blackout did bring a fun night.
hehe, it was amusing a few days after reading about several people being hospitalized for ingesting gasoline.

Whaaaaat? Why did they do this?

I know it's not exactly related to the topic, but it is about news censorship (sort of). I recall one very late night in the early days of CNN...when still the only 24 hour NN, where this strange unedited video popped up on headline news. It was Mexican-Americans drinking and huffing and pouring gasoline on themselves...laughing, flipping off the camera, saying..we want to die, we want to die...

Again, no edits. Lots of FU's. Then they went to commercial, never explained it, and never showed it again in the half hour loop. Whoops!

But still, why did people drink gas in the black out?

[Edited on 6-1-2004 by RANT]

posted on Jan, 6 2004 @ 03:14 AM
link   
They were trying to siphon gas, I assume, and ingested it in the process.

top topics

join