It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cure for HIV/AIDS Found!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 29 2007 @ 11:38 PM
link   
This article was written on may 13, 2007 so it is very recent. Does this sound too good to be true or is it a a fake, it could be since they don't give any information on the herb. Oh and after only 2 trials i still don't see how they can announce it a cure, but oh well time will tell.

www.ghanaweb.com...

Kumasi, May 13, GNA - HIV/AIDS victims can heave a huge sigh of relief since there is now a potent herbal medicine which is reported to be capable of totally curing HIV/AIDS.

"Koankro", the herbal mixture prepared by Mr Kamara Agyapong, Director of Peace Herbal Clinic at Ejisu in Ashanti, has been confirmed by the Clinical Analysis Laboratory of the Department of Biochemistry and Biotechnology of the Kwame Nkrumah University of Science and Technology (KNUST), as capable and potent in curing HIV/AIDS.

This follows the successful trial tests conducted on two HIV/AIDS positive patients who were put on the herbal preparations by Mr Agyapong two years ago. The tests have confirmed that the two patients are now HIV negative.
The test results which were made available to the Ghana News Agency in Kumasi indicated that, the two patients have been tested negative of both HIV 1 and 2 viruses.

[edit on 29-5-2007 by ATSGUY]

mod edit: cut down length of quote to the maximum its allowed to be (three paragraphs), and changed to external quote tags

[edit on 30-5-2007 by UK Wizard]

posted on May, 30 2007 @ 08:30 AM
link   
This may be a hoax. The university's website does not have any such announcement.

There are several countries in Africa that are in a state of denial about HIV/AIDs. Gambia certainly ranks right up there, with a president who claims he has a herbal mixture (which he, of course, sells... who'da thunk it?) that cures AIDS:
www.ippmedia.com...

I think it's part of the culture -- most can't afford western medicine and look for traditional or witchcraft cures (such as sex with virgins, which has led to the raping of a rather large number of baby girls.) The literacy and education rate is low, so not many people have enough information for good critical thinking.

Meanwhile, the death rate from HIV/AIDS continues to skyrocket there.

posted on May, 30 2007 @ 09:00 AM
link   
I do believe that the only cure we will ever find for HIV/AIDS is a herbal one. BUT (and I stress this part) it has to be used in conjunction with proper nutrition and exercise. The african potato (Hypoxis Rooperi) is a well-known traditional medicine which boosts your immune system and has been used in conjunction with a healthy diet to prevent those who are HIV+ from developing full-blown AIDS. My father is a herbalist and treats everyone who comes to him with HIV with Hypoxis Rooperi tincture as most of them cannot afford ARVs and/or are not prepared to live with the side-effects and he has had very positive results but, of course, the pharmaceutical industry (read "chemical producing so-and-so's) laugh it off when it has been made public here.

posted on May, 30 2007 @ 09:37 AM
link   
Unfortunately, in Africa, HIV is a massive problem, probably the biggest health problem ever seen. The statistics of people dying are mind-boggling.

A few years back one of the African government heads (was it South Africa, don't remember offhand) declared AIDS did not exist.

I am not convinced that this herbal "cure" is true or real.

Africa has little access to medicines that the Western world have, that have put the disease into the "chronic" category and out of the "terminal" category. They are desperate for an answer to the monster that is wiping out their population faster than any other factor.

Add to that the fact that they do not trust Western medicine, and the majority of people cling to the advice of witch doctors instead (a witch doctor told southern African men that to cure AIDS they had to have sex with a virgin -- children as young as 8 months are being raped now because of this disinformation, and coming up infected) and you get the explanation for why they are claiming an herbal concoction is curing HIV.

1) the herbs will be widely available in Africa and so will not make them dependent on expensive and usually expired Western drugs

2) the people trust in native medicines and herbs more than they will EVER trust a pill from Glaxo-Wellcome.

I've had HIV for 16 or more years. I used to be very active in the political community here, and now pretty much just go to a support group once a month, and my doctor 10 times a year. A woman from Nigeria is in my support group, and we just had a discussion about this last night.

I don't think a simple herbal cure will be what it takes to wipe out HIV. It's been in the chimpanzee population for millennia and crossed over into the human population because people kill and eat chimps. If it was simple herbs, that grow in the wild, the chimps would likely have eaten the herbs and ended the disease in their own population. This has not happened.

I think we're a long way off a cure. I've heard all sorts of crazy ideas since my diagnosis in 1992, everything from extracting the blood and running ozone through it in a modified version of dialysis, to hypersensitizing the immune system by smearing DMSO on the forearm once a week.

Once genetic science gets to the stage where they can deal effectively with flu and colds, they will be able to use the same technology on more dangerous diseases such as HIV.

Until then, our best offense is a good defense: anti-retroviral drugs and regular care by a doctor. Neither of which Africans have access to, which is why these claims by African scientists and governments are getting so much credence. It's better to give AIDS-ravaged Africans any hope at all than none.

[edit on 30-5-2007 by MajorMalfunction]

posted on May, 30 2007 @ 09:43 AM
link   
I, like Byrd, think this sounds rather fishy. It actually reminds me of another scam that took place in Nigeria, you can read about it here: BBC . These type of things are quite common in certain parts of the world, and as previously pointed out, many people go to see practitioners of traditional natural medicine instead of getting the quality care and treatment that they need. I believe that the world would see the rates of HIV infection drop significantly through education alone. That is, teaching people about Sex and Drug use in an open environment that does not discourage the practice of either of those things. If people were completely open about and understood Sex, and it wasn't considered such a taboo subject I believe the rates of HIV infection would continue to drop. Also, teaching people that using Intravenous Drugs does not make them a "bad" individual and they can continue to do it if they wish, but instead teach them to clean the works and/or about the risk of sharing contaminated needles. I fully believe that legalizing the Needle Exchange Program in all states and countries worldwide would contribute to the drop in the number of HIV infections we see per year.

Humanity needs to stop being so judgmental against people who use drugs and have multiple sexual partners. I for one, as I have talked about in many other posts, do not believe a cure will be found anytime soon and I do not believe that it will ever be a "natural cure". Humanity is being duped into believing that immunization shots or the like will magically "cure" HIV or other viral infections, which in themselves are not a cure for anything. They also fail to realize the significant difference between HIV and other viral infections which make it very difficult to completely destroy (if you want further information on this seach for my posts or bsl4doc's posts). The government should be working to break down stereotypes and cultural biases through an effective means of education. It may be a pipedream, but it's the only dream one can hope for with HIV.

posted on Jun, 3 2007 @ 07:26 PM
link   
Phfffft!! A cure?I can't believe it. Nuff said...I'm still trying to believe that they found the cure for Human Papilloma Virus (HPV)...especially after my Sex Ed class said there wa sno cure for HPV!!

posted on Jun, 4 2007 @ 01:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by Byrd
This may be a hoax.

I think it's part of the culture -- most can't afford western medicine and look for traditional or witchcraft cures (such as sex with virgins, which has led to the raping of a rather large number of baby girls.) The literacy and education rate is low, so not many people have enough information for good critical thinking.

Meanwhile, the death rate from HIV/AIDS continues to skyrocket there.

..For once...I must admit that I am in total agreement with Byrd ...

[edit on 4-6-2007 by cosmokatt7]

posted on Jun, 5 2007 @ 09:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by OkamiZaku
I'm still trying to believe that they found the cure for Human Papilloma Virus (HPV)...especially after my Sex Ed class said there wa sno cure for HPV!!

Your Sex Ed class was correct; there is currently no cure for HPV. However, there are currently two Vaccines for HPV...Gardasil and Cervarix. People often get confused when it comes to what a vaccination actually is and mistake a vaccine as a cure. Vaccines are developed to initiate virus neutralizing antibodies that that establish an immunity to a certain disease before it happens. Most viral vaccines are currently made by killing a virus and then injecting it into the patient so that when you acutally get the particular viral strain you body is able to recognize it and fight it off. Upon entering your body your system will recognize the dead virus as a foreign intruder and kill the virus (which is easy because it is dead), it will remember it, and when you get a real virus your system is better prepared to respond to it. Currently there are no "cures" for viruses, and contrary to popular belief vaccines are not actually cures, but antibody booster if you will. In the end, it is your own immune system that is able to fight off the virus with slight help from a vaccine beforehand.

In order for me to save a little breath, as I can talk forever on this subject, you can learn more about how vaccines work at the following sites:

World Health Organization

FDA

CDC

If you have any further questions I would be happy to answer.

posted on Jun, 5 2007 @ 09:58 AM
link   

..For once...I must admit that I am in total agreement with Byrd ...

[edit on 4-6-2007 by cosmokatt7]

HAHA me too.

Thats not a factual statement in my opinion.

But we shall see

Never say never...

posted on Jun, 7 2007 @ 09:47 PM
link   
i was thinking, what about a prolonged treatment were oxygen in small particles is sent through the blood...

like this

www.popsci.com...

it can be used in accidents to help send oxygen to the brain, but i am thinking that since viruses cant live in oxygen rich environments maybe there is some benefit to using this to trat aids patients.

Better THan Blood

or how about this new device that might be made in the future..

www.popsci.com...

its a no bigger than a pen and can filter out Ebola or smallpox.

its cind of hard for me to image that these things might work to ride the body of aids but blood electrification and stuff like that is not taken seriously in the world of science.

here is also the information about its use on hiv

www.aegis.com...

[edit on 7-6-2007 by ATSGUY]

[edit on 7-6-2007 by ATSGUY]

posted on Jun, 20 2007 @ 05:59 PM
link   
As far as I know the medical establishment has never, in it's history, "cured" anything, ever.

This AIDS remedy sounds interesting, but of course it would need to be applied to more than 2 people to be proven real, right? LOL

posted on Dec, 1 2008 @ 12:34 PM
link   
fROM 1971 UNTIL 1979I I LIVE IN LOS ANGELES CA. TWICE I WAS CALLED BY A FREE CLINIC TO BE TESTED AS A PARTNER OF PERSONS WITH A VD OF SORTS AND TWICE MY NAME WAS GIVEN TO THE CDC BY TWO PEOPLE WITH HIV. ONCE IN 1978 THE THE RUBBER SHREDDED IN PIECES WHILE HAVING SEX WITH BEAUTIFUL HIV FEMALE CARRIER.

TO MAKE THIS SHORT, MY BLOOD HAS THE RIGHT COMBINATION TO PROTECT ME FROM ALL KINDS OF INFECTIONS.

I ALSO HAVE ONE REAL BIG (DOCUMENTED) SURPRISE FOR YOU IF YOU'RE INTERESTED. [email protected]

YOU MUST FIRST PROVE YOURSELF TO BE GENUINE BEFORE ANY OTHER INFORMATION IS RELEASED.

posted on Dec, 4 2008 @ 08:55 PM
link   
the problem with curing HIV is not with solutions to kill the virus, but finding solutions to kill the virus that the body accepts.

Peppermint actually kills HIV in vitro. In vivo, since the body degrades peppermint, it cannot be used. Homeopathics do not kill viruses. Period. No organic kills viruses, period.

There has been a recent break through, involving bone marrow transplants that shows some promise in curing the disease. Feel free to do your own research, im too busy to post links.

top topics

join