It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Health care

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 29 2007 @ 09:48 PM
link   
This thread is for candidates to post there health care plans and for members to ask questions .
My admin would not look to tax the higher income earners in order create a universal health care system. Instead my admin would aim to create a situation where the Free Market ensures that low - middle income earners can afford access to health care.

A good starting point would be to permit drugs to be imported from places like Canada and Australia this would mean that US drug company's would face competition and cheaper drugs would be available to the consumer.
Airfare wars are an good example of what competition does do prices in an competitive market place.
Other options include having health insurance company's bid for the uninsured.

The cost of malpractice insurance needs to be debated doctors shouldn't have a blanket that protects them from malpractices suits and yet the cost of malpractice insurance can drive up the cost of health care.

posted on May, 29 2007 @ 11:46 PM
link   
My stance on Health-Care.

I believe that being healthy (when you want to) is a right, and as such should both be
a legal and moral responsibility of the government.

My plan is to initiate a single-payer Universal Health-Care system that covers all.

My plan to implement this would come through redirecting money from some unneeded
places to pay for it, as well as use several different kinds of taxes.

By creating a system where-in the employer does not have to provide health-care for
there employers, small businesses would not have the burden of having to pay the money for it.

I also would partially nationalize the Pharmaceutical industry, that is the essential medicines
would be produced by the government, with a great deal of oversight, while non necessary
products like Vitamins, anti-wrinkle cream and sleeping aides (for those that don't medically need it)
would be completely up to the companies to produce and sell themselves, however there
would be public oversight committees set-up to make sure companies are'nt lieing about
the usefulness of their products or their safety.

join