It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Al Qaeda Threatens Attack Worse Than Sept. 11

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 28 2007 @ 10:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by johnsky
Someone steps into your country/neighborhood, kills family members, friends etc, the people get pissed off enough that they are willing to blow themselves up to get some form of revenge.

The only problem with your 'simple' explaination is that it doesn't fit in Iraq. The insurgents aren't freedom fighters. They aren't trying to be rid of an occupational force. Most are from foreign countries (Saudis, Syria, Iran) and most insurgents end up KILLING IRAQIS .. not Americans. Also - the longer the insurgents keep up their dirty work, the longer we will be there. If the insurgents REALLY were just Iraqis who were doing all this just to get us to leave, then they'd stop because THEY are the only thing keeping us in Iraq right now.

You should be able to 'get your head around that'. (your words
)

[edit on 6/28/2007 by FlyersFan]

posted on Jun, 28 2007 @ 10:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by Xfile
If everyone trembles everytime a terrorist group makes a threat then they have already achieved their goal even without an attack.They want you to be terrified of what they may/can do.

posted on Jun, 28 2007 @ 10:36 AM
link   
The problem is that there is some serious thinking going on in the ME. They have finally achieved something that no thought they ever would achieve in a million years.......that is to somewhat band together and try to force us out. We should be leaving anyways..we don't want our troops caught up in ground zero...Nuke the Mother f'ers.. Obviously they don't care about their own, So pull out of Iraq nuke them,Iran, pakistan, syria, lebanon, and reap the benefits of Pure glass....J.K. I am tired of hearing about the "oil" problem fact is that we get 40% of all of our oil from Nigeria..another 30% comes from a few other countries not in the mid east.. a whopping 20% is from the ME but the politicians don't want us know that...otherwise the gas tax would not "add up" to what is going on in the ME.. I have no sympathy for those who teach and rule by the sword..they citizens are sheep and sheep they shall be treated as. We are all sheep until Bush is done. I am surprised that he has not been assassinated yet. Although it will be all that much sweeter to kill him after he is out of office, then no one will care, damn..they will throw a parade

posted on Jul, 3 2007 @ 03:01 PM
link   
An attack worse then 9/11 huh...

Seems that the going rate for terrorism is:
one of our buildings for one of their countries...
How spectacular of an attack can they afford?

Syria Iran Pakistan Egypt Saudi Arabia Yemin Somolia...

Not too many countries there I hope they aren't planning on attacking more then your average block in the suburbs otherwise they won't have any countries left.

If they were to attack again the US public would once again get pissed off enough for just long enough to attack another country. Sure the public would cool off and then protest the new war but we would already be engaged.

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join