It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Vet Flags Burned, Swapped for Swastikas

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 29 2007 @ 06:34 PM
link   

Flags Burned at Veterans' Graves in Washington, Replaced With Swastikas

Vandals burned dozens of small American flags that decorated veterans' graves for Memorial Day and replaced many of them with hand-drawn swastikas, authorities said Monday.

Forty-six flag standards were found empty and another 33 flags were in charred tatters Sunday in the cemetery, authorities said. Swastikas drawn on paper appeared where 14 of the flags had been.Source

This is just infuriating to me and certainly constitutes a hate crime. As a Veteran, myself, and friend or relative of many who made the ultimate sacrifice, this just really chaps my hide. I hope they catch whoever did this and prosecute them to the full extent of the law.

Of course, the ACLU will probably jump into the frey with both feet, claiming that it was just "free expression." There are many more effective ways to get your point across without dishonering the memory of all the brave men and women who lie in that cemetary. Your thoughts and feedback are welcome.

posted on May, 29 2007 @ 11:04 PM
link   
Desecration. The "funny" thing about this is these people won't see it that way. Protesting an evil with an evil...I really don't have the words to describe the outrage I feel...

Really...what did they hope to accomplish other than outrage. Well they got it.

posted on May, 29 2007 @ 11:39 PM
link   
This is vandalism, pure and simple.

It's okay to burn your own flag, but burn someone elses and you've got a whole 'nother kettle of fish, maybe even a hate crime.

Of course, the punishment for such an act probably would be community service.

new topics

join