It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

my dog died today :(

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 30 2007 @ 04:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by hikix
MY dog, Rocky, Yellow Lab passed away today. He was 14 years old which is very old for a Lab. He was in perfect health but today he woke up and he couldnt walk, the vet said it was best to put him down. It really sucks to have an animal for such a long time. He was more of a family member then a pet.

I am deeply sorry for your loss, hikix, I know how hard it is to lose a beloved pet, especially one who has been your freind for so many years. I like to think that we will be reunited some day with those bright-eyed, tail-wagging buddys
in some future existance; it may not be true but it never hurts to hope, right?

In the mean time, hold on to your memories of Rocky and he will never truly be far from you. God bless.

SR

posted on May, 30 2007 @ 06:06 PM
link   
Thanks everyone i really appreciate it, im feeling alot better today. I think im gonna need quite a while b4 i get a new dog.

posted on May, 30 2007 @ 06:33 PM
link   
Hey, I fully know how you feel I lost my dog just before xmas and he was 15,

You kinda feel empty,

If you want to chat please feel free to u2u me, I really know what its like and you will get days that are harder than others,

Big hugz

posted on May, 30 2007 @ 06:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by hikix
MY dog, Rocky, Yellow Lab passed away today. He was 14 years old which is very old for a Lab. He was in perfect health but today he woke up and he couldnt walk, the vet said it was best to put him down. It really sucks to have an animal for such a long time. He was more of a family member then a pet.

I am so sorry to hear of your loss.
I dread the day my baby passes away.
I pray you find some peace.

posted on May, 30 2007 @ 09:57 PM
link   
So sorry about your Dog.
I lost my oldest one about 6 months ago, about the same age too.
It's sad..

14 years is a good run though. Especially when they get to share all that time with someone who really cares about them.

posted on May, 31 2007 @ 01:44 AM
link   
once again thank you to all of you who replied... i really love you guys, even though i dont personally know you, but i just know that you are all good compasionate people and the world needs more people like us.

I am so down in the dumps, to top it off i just found out tonite my friend has terminal cancer, he is 22 years old. I am a complete mess right now, it is the worst thing i can hear after losing my best friend. I am sorry to bring this up but i am so upset right now it feels good to let it out.

I already know who my friends are on ATS, and i really appreciate all your kind words. I may take some time off from ATS, i am not sure. But, i cannot express my appreciation to everyone who responded to me (even those who have not that i have befriended on this site). I am probably going to take some time to myself, im not sure. Thanks again to everyone. You guys are the best and if everyone in the world were as compassionate as you we wouldnt be in this crappy situation we are in....... hopefully i speak to you alll soon.

posted on May, 31 2007 @ 11:00 AM
link   
My heart goes out to you. I know how devastating the loss of a beloved pet can be.

What my three-year-old dog died last year, my brother sent me this poem. It's kind of corny, it's kind of naïve, it's certainly unsophisticated. But believe me when I tell you that it genuinely brought me real comfort during that terrible time.

Here it is. It's called "Rainbow Bridge;" the author is unknown.

"Just this side of heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge.

When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge. There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together. There is plenty of food, water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable.

All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor. Those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by. The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind.

They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent. His eager body quivers. Suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster.

You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.

Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together..."

I sincerely hope this helps, in whatever little bit that it might. My sincere condolences and best wishes for regained happiness,
Baack

[edit on 5/31/07 by Baack]

posted on May, 31 2007 @ 11:14 AM
link   
"Dogs have given us their absolute all. We are the center of their universe. We are the focus of their love and faith and trust. They serve us in return for scraps. It is without a doubt the best deal man has ever made." Roger Caras

In the last 4 years I've had to put down two wonderful dogs and one cantankerous cat (if she liked you, she would bite you.....very gently, like a love bite). Two to old age and one to cancer. Tore me to shreds every time. As I write this, I am thinking about my old airedale, Osprey; 14 1/2 years old, unable to walk well, blind, deaf, picky eater, and I know, it will tear me to shreds when she goes too.

But I am comforted knowing that I provided the finest home I could for my pets. Each of them has been swamped with playtime, good food, and love. If you have done that, I'm sure you will have many wonderful memories to take into the future.

posted on May, 31 2007 @ 01:59 PM
link   
Sorry, That suxs

Dogs, unlike cats are family and its tough when family dies. Add to the fact it was a lab too. Sorry man.

posted on May, 31 2007 @ 03:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by MSHARPE2012
Dogs, unlike cats are family...

Not looking to start an argument here, but cats, just as much as dogs, are part of the family that adopts them. It hurts just as much to put a cat down as it does a dog.

Baack

posted on Jun, 1 2007 @ 06:54 AM
link   
That's true, my cat died 6 years ago and I still miss him. Sorry to hear about your dog hikix. I read one story about a fellow who's dog died, and he asked its spirit to go guard his mother living in a ground floor apartment in New York city. A couple of days later, she called him and told him that she'd heard thugs outside her window late that night, when the inexplicable sound of a dog barking scared them off.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join