It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

my dog died today :(

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 29 2007 @ 02:48 PM
link   
MY dog, Rocky, Yellow Lab passed away today. He was 14 years old which is very old for a Lab. He was in perfect health but today he woke up and he couldnt walk, the vet said it was best to put him down. It really sucks to have an animal for such a long time. He was more of a family member then a pet.

posted on May, 29 2007 @ 02:51 PM
link   
Sorry about your loss hikix.
Labs are good dogs. I grew up with a Black Lab. IIRC she was about 13.

posted on May, 29 2007 @ 03:44 PM
link   
Hikix, I understand . We had to have our dog put down recently after being a member of our family for 13 years. I cried for 3 days straight.It absolutely broke my heart.He was an American bulldog, purebred, not a pitbull. He was the best behaved and most lovable dog I've ever had. He became ill a few months ago with a very aggressive cancer, and despite our best efforts he passed away.RIP Radar, good buddy. Oh god I'm tearing up again. Geez. I miss him. Sorry I'm supposed to be comforting you. Not doing a very good job am I?If there is anything I can do to make you smile-name it.

posted on May, 29 2007 @ 03:51 PM
link   
thanks guys, im just glad that i can have people to sympathize with. It just sucks right now.

posted on May, 29 2007 @ 03:54 PM
link   
Im sorry for your loss.

I hope you feel better soon.

Its really hard when you loose a pet. i just lost my bird a few days ago.

posted on May, 29 2007 @ 03:55 PM
link   
For years my old dogs (a Lab and a Schnauzer) would appear to me in my dreams. One night I had a dream where I said good-bye to them and I never had a dream about them since.
Sorry to go off topic a bit but this thread reminded me of that.

posted on May, 29 2007 @ 03:56 PM
link   
Hikix that's what friends are for. Laugh at the good stuff and help you through the bad stuff. Doesn't matter if you're miles away.

posted on May, 29 2007 @ 04:48 PM
link   
Oh, I'm so sorry!

14 years is a long time to have a friend...

posted on May, 29 2007 @ 05:10 PM
link   
Man I'm sorry to hear about your dog. That is a long time to have a a dog. Just when he was getting old enough not to dig anymore holes too. I hate it for you man. We'll keep you in our thoughts and prayers. Thats the reason they make puppys of all shapes and sizes right there ya know, thats the perfect excuse to go and get another one.

posted on May, 29 2007 @ 09:40 PM
link   
I'm so sorry for your loss. You must have taken awesome care of him as 14 is really old. It's losing a much loved member of your family. we'll pray for you.

I'm scared to death that I'll wake up and my old terrier Apollo will have joined your friend across the Rainbow Bridge. Apollo is 16 years old.

posted on May, 29 2007 @ 10:21 PM
link   
I know how you feel hikix, I still morn for my little corgy cross and its been over 2 years. Especially when I see his picture.

I now have 2 new dogs that I love, but that little corgy was someone special.

posted on May, 29 2007 @ 10:27 PM
link   
RIP to your dog, man. I feel for ya, I want a dog, too, a German Shepherd, it will be the only companion in my life, and if I would lose it, then it would suck. Hell, I don't even have one, and I already know I'll be very sad if I lose it.

posted on May, 30 2007 @ 12:03 AM
link   
awwwwwwwwww im sooo sorrry
i love dogs so much and its so sad when they die they are like the family you know?but im sure youll see your doggie once again

posted on May, 30 2007 @ 04:20 AM
link   
I'm really sorry about your dog.

I hope you feel better soon.

Animals bring us so much joy. May your dog rest in peace.

posted on May, 30 2007 @ 08:52 AM
link   
Hikix, Im lost for words. I so sorry to hear that you lost your friend, my dogs mean the world to me and I know how it feels to loose something so precious.

posted on May, 30 2007 @ 08:55 AM
link   
It's always hard to lose a friend, but sometimes it's harder to do the right thing and let the vet help them along. I had to do that with my cat when his liver started failing.

It's so sad that pets don't live as long as we do.

I hope you're feeling a little better today.

posted on May, 30 2007 @ 10:16 AM
link   
So sorry for your loss. We lost my moms 15 year old cat a couple of months ago, it really feels like we lost a member of our family...

It's funny but I never used to think about the fact that I will probably outlive the rest of the felines in our house. Now I am depressed again.

posted on May, 30 2007 @ 10:24 AM
link   
Sorry to hear it hikix. Keep your head up and know he's in a better place now.

Peace

posted on May, 30 2007 @ 10:26 AM
link   
at my house about half a month ago we lost our 4 year old hamster, poor thing just stopped doing anything, anyway i under stand how you feel.... kinda

posted on May, 30 2007 @ 01:13 PM
link   
Oh, hikix, I am really sorry to hear this. I know it isn't of any consolation but he lived 14 years and to a dog that is 98 years of age. They age 7 years for every human year. Like I said, my sympathy does go to you. It is always hard to lose a pet because they typically become a member of the family.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join