It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

c2c Drone alien text deceiper

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 29 2007 @ 01:55 PM
link   
I setup this thread in an attempt to get other ATSers and font experts to attempt to try to deceiper or match up the "alien text" with known human text. I think the best way to prove or disprove the craft is to see if it comes from a human origion, and who knows once the font is discovered (that chad used?) then other answers may come from that as to what this hoax or real object is all about. So far I've concluded that the text is a mixture of chinese and korean fonts, but i have not devoted enough time to prove this theory yet. If anyone can start matching some of the font characters lets try to solve this mystery.

[edit on 29-5-2007 by hiii_98]

posted on May, 29 2007 @ 02:01 PM
link   
I am interested to see what people come up with for the text. Because I have zero experience with CGI and the like I believe what Biedny and Ritzmann have said about the craft. Why wouldn't I?

If that text turns out to be anything other than nonsenesical gibberish then my guess will be that it translates into something like "Got you morons".

posted on May, 29 2007 @ 02:05 PM
link   
"my guess will be that it translates into something like "Got you morons"."

thats my guess as well...

posted on May, 29 2007 @ 02:17 PM
link   
Excellent thread.

So far I've read that the fonts are an amalgamation of Japanese, Korean, the "Klingon" language from Star Trek, the "Star Wars" written language, et-al.

It makes sense, if you consider this a hoax, that the artist would use several different fonts from several different sources to make it that much harder to clearly define.

It seems to me one way to go about this would be to have all of the alphabets for these, and any other language this resembles, available and compare each font on the object to every alphabet.

If only I had the time to do it.

Springer...

posted on May, 29 2007 @ 02:36 PM
link   
This thing has always had the "look" of a device one might see in anime - maybe specifically the Gundam genre. I'm going to search as many images as I can to see if there are any similar texts/objects that this idea could have been gleaned from.

Anime is very diverse and a thorough search will probably take a while. If I come across anything worth mentioning I'll post back here...

posted on May, 29 2007 @ 02:36 PM
link   
google link to pick up some "alien" fonts for comparison

www.geocities.com...

posted on May, 29 2007 @ 02:40 PM
link   
please somebody find out that this is a hoax so i can stop trying to convince myself that is real and i can go back to living my life! lol

posted on May, 29 2007 @ 03:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jeffery2102
please somebody find out that this is a hoax so i can stop trying to convince myself that is real and i can go back to living my life! lol
Methinks they are genuine and I'll continue to think this way until someone proves otherwise. Don't think they're alien though.

posted on May, 29 2007 @ 03:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by wigit

Originally posted by Jeffery2102
Methinks they are genuine and I'll continue to think this way until someone proves otherwise. Don't think they're alien though.

agreed, i really do think they are real extraterrestrial or not.

posted on May, 29 2007 @ 06:19 PM
link   
well if we find out the font is from star trek or the ewoks wrote it... i think that will turn the tides of this being an authentic photo

posted on May, 29 2007 @ 06:39 PM
link   
Don't forget to investigate any symbology and language from Transformers.

I've googled several times up to 20 pages and can't find a symbol chart for the series, but i'm sure there would be one somewhere.

I'm still betting on a poorly done viral marketing campaign.

The message will be 'Transformers: The Movie opens on (insert date here)'

posted on May, 29 2007 @ 06:44 PM
link   
It can also be something completely random, just made to look like something real.

Or it may be a real alphabet invented by the person(s) who made the "drone", I once made an alphabet that my brother could never decode but it was so easy for me that I could write using that alphabet any time I wanted and I still remember it after more than 20 years.

posted on May, 29 2007 @ 07:00 PM
link   
wwoowow NOICE THREAD HERE OP

yes i am also interested and in earnest of what others have to say on the deciphering part of this debunking/legiti-sizing this UFO.

posted on May, 29 2007 @ 07:19 PM
link   
interesting, i'ma look at this a little more. flagged.

posted on May, 29 2007 @ 07:30 PM
link   
I saw this vid at a website. If it doesn't come out correctly pls feel free to fix it. Never posted an attachment b4.

www.disclose.tv...

If that brings u to the main site, then u need to look under Aliens & UFO video category. Basically it shows you this 'craft' lifting up. Dont know if its a model someone made of it or what not. check it out

posted on May, 29 2007 @ 07:40 PM
link   
Yes the video you linked to is fake as admitted by its author.

Here is a link to the transformer fonts. None of them really match up yet

www.physics.ohio-state.edu...

what i'm trying to focus on is that little circular design on close to the center of the ring...there are 3 rivet like objects with a design on them. Should be easy to remember and identify .. i think its just some wingdings font

some of those wingding symbols look like they could be from here..

www.artfavor.com...

posted on May, 29 2007 @ 10:00 PM
link   
I get the feeling this is another viral marketing campaign from Microsoft. Halo 2 had a lengthy campaign, as did the launch for the Xbox 360. So, with Halo 3 coming out this fall, it only makes sense. I will continue to follow this, sense people either got free stuff or were invited to exclusive parties.

posted on May, 29 2007 @ 10:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by jhanks28cold
I get the feeling this is another viral marketing campaign from Microsoft. Halo 2 had a lengthy campaign, as did the launch for the Xbox 360. So, with Halo 3 coming out this fall, it only makes sense. I will continue to follow this, sense people either got free stuff or were invited to exclusive parties.

I would have to agree with Fooffstarr, in the sense that if this is a viral marketing campaign, it's a poorly done one... even the most bizarre examples of these kinds of campaigns are ultimately designed either to drive website visits or contribute to "buzz"... in this case the buzz isn't helping any company promote or sell anything.

If it is a campaign, I suppose the UFO buzz around these objects could ultimately lead to a big marketing reveal, in which case all our speculations up until now will be laughed about in conference rooms for quite a while.

But it's been going on a little too long without any further events or hints to be a campaign, in my (advertising-agency-informed) opinion.

Just curious, jhanks28cold, since I'm not familar with the world of Halo... does this object look like it has any Halo reference or visual relevance?

posted on May, 29 2007 @ 10:38 PM
link   

Just curious, jhanks28cold, since I'm not familar with the world of Halo... does this object look like it has any Halo reference or visual relevance?

It does not look like any of the vehicles from the previous 2 installments ( great games, by the way) but Bundie has mentioned that they would add some things that no one would expect. My guess (cool, I think, but not likely) is that it could be some sort of remote operated sentry gun.

Though I could be completely wrong. That has happened.

posted on May, 30 2007 @ 01:50 AM
link   
I think it says "Made on Cybertron" The characters remind me a lot of the figures that were displayed on the Autobot and Decepticon computers in the Transformer cartoons.
www.physics.ohio-state.edu...
(About halfway down the page)

Could be marketing for the new movie methinks!
Sorry Foofstar I didn't see your post, is this the link you were after?
[edit on 30-5-2007 by orthisguyoverhere]

[edit on 30-5-2007 by orthisguyoverhere]

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join