It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Evil America

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 7 2004 @ 11:06 AM
link   
Everyone is judgemental, which is called racist at times when it is not.

What Amuk said was not racist. It wasn't put well, but not racist.

It's easy to name someone racist, because (as many of my ethnic friends know) there needs to be no justification to it. Not that there ever isn't, but it is used more frequently than need be.

posted on Jan, 7 2004 @ 11:48 AM
link   
Nothing Amuk said was racistic, he just points it out the direct way instead of taking the fluffy path.

Saphronia you seem quite paranoid about people being racists. I guess I am already a racist now because of saying this to you, eh?

That's ignorant only racist say this because they feel threatened by the cultures of non-white races.

You are dividing the world into races?! You seriously can't tell anybody to be racistic and then take examples with using the term races. There is only ONE human race(though I sometimes get the feeling there are still some left over homo sapiens
). Your several races thinking is dangerous, you make differences where you shoudln't.

[Edited on 7-1-2004 by shoo]

posted on Jan, 7 2004 @ 04:32 PM
link   
"First, I'm not racist anymore and I have no problem with saying I was at one time. I grew beyond what I was taught as a child."

No what you said was that you admitted that you were a racist, but why let the truth interfere with our disscussion.

"Secondly, there are many ways to honor your ancestors and your southern AMERICAN heritage. You put the emphasis on white."

No again, YOU did

"That to me is racist when it's done by black folk and when its done by white folk."

I am not so weak that I fear blacks being proud of there culture, I think it is a good thing stand up and be proud of who you are. And if my pride bothers you ....TUFF SH*T.

"The south has a rich heritage. It's only human to be proud of where you come from but when you embrace a symbol of hate...instead of the good things about being a southerner it makes one wonder...whether you want to address it or not the flag has a racist connotation and you can't wish it away because an ancestor you never met fought under it. You choose to use the banner of hatred."

The black man married to my cousin, a very good man I might add, has one in his house too does that make him a racist too?

"Spare me your stories of black friends and blended families...doesn't say much about you really that you gotta bring out the older black couple from your past to explain why you aren't racist. You don't have to prove it to me prove it to yourself."

I dont have to prove it to myself I know I was trying to show it to you because I did not want you to have the wrong idea about but after listioning to your crap I really dont care what you think about me anymore
quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you and the KKK want to fight it out be my guest just leave me out of it

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"That's insulting when I've been anything but to up until this point."

I guess calling me an ignorant closet racist in your FIRST POST does not count, but again why worry about the truth.

"I didn't come on ats and announce my right to bare a banner of hatred, you did."

Again no, it was mentioned in passing this thread was about america bashing YOU turned it into a disscussion about race.

"You don't have to be in the KKK to be a racist in your heart."

Your right there, I bet you dont belong and your a racist

quote:

Its easier to blame a country or a race (sound familer) than to face the problems of the world head on and have to FIX the problem not just point a finger and whine

"That's a racist view point, my friend. "

I was talking about hitler blaming the Jews for all of Germanys problems, but you just assumed that coming from a white trash redneck hillbilly I MUST be talking about blacks, after thats the way we ALL are right

quote:

There is NOTHING racist about whites being proud of who they are any more than blacks or orientals or anyone else.

"That's ignorant only racist say this because they feel threatened by the cultures of non-white races. American culture is not white--the southern culture is not white...Its belongs to all americans even me a midwesterner. Its exclusionary and racist."

Thats the dumbest statment you have said so far, NO WHERE have I said I was threatened by non white cultures as a matter of fact I have said the oppisite. I MYSELF find other cultures very interesting and on my shelves you will find history books from all over the world among the a fantastic book of african stories given to me from a friend at work who is a zulu from south africa.

"These are the things that lead me to believe you harbor a racist attitude. You put so much stock in a flag of division to prove you have pride in something that is shameful and ugly...ah, well. I'm off it."

Well I must admit that your are good, a couple posts and you have discuvered a side of me that I have kept hid from my friends, family and community for 43 years

Well the sheets are back from the cleaners so I guess its time for me and cousin billy bob to go, we got crosses to build and people to lynch

Have a nice day and I wish you peace and happiness

posted on Jan, 7 2004 @ 04:59 PM
link   
No hard feelings Amuk. These conversations over the net are hard to have. There is no way I'll change your mind or you mine. And from reading your recent post you completely misunderstood mine. Even as you tried to break it down you made no sense to me so. I will agree to disagree. But eventually, I hope you face your racist attitudes and deal with them head on instead of trying to joke them away. The things you said were offensive and racist. I think I've done my part.

KJ: No I'm not paranoid about racist. It's a fact of my life being a black person and any time I see racism I'ma point it out whether folk like it or not. It would crazy for me not to address it, and to let people keep thinking its okay or that saying things like using the confederate flag shows southern pride. That's racist to me. It doesn't matter what the South rebelled against slavery was part of that and that flag will always be one of oppression and to hide behind distant ancestors is cowardly as well as a way subvert ones racist pride...doesn't make me paranoid to be real.

posted on Jan, 7 2004 @ 05:05 PM
link   

No hard feelings Amuk

No hard feelings here either belive or not I hope that some day disscussions like this will be a thing of the past

But you are still wrong

posted on Jan, 7 2004 @ 05:09 PM
link   
PS

If you will look one the thred about a world ruled by women you will see I have NO problem admitting to being a sexist pig if I was a racist I would have no problem admiting that too

NEVER live in a way your are ashamed to admit to

posted on Jun, 22 2008 @ 06:49 PM
link   
The police and the government like to keep tensions high amonst the races, its good for business. If everyone agreed on the real problems we would have to fix them. But thats not a good way to keep big business going. War is a business. Take the top high school and college students and send them to war. Then the left overs are losing their jobs, economy is down spiral. That makes for a political field day. The dumber America is with racial tension the easier it is to get who you want elected. Has anyone seen the lack of intellegent congressmen or women. They are all just puppets. Whos the puppet master. Racial or not we are not running this country, the money men are.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join