It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ABC news uncovers "operation northwoods" and why IMO

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 30 2007 @ 11:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by RedGolem
I did find what was being talked about a little shocking. But just because it was being talked about does not mean it was being seriously considered. I would like to think that people who half to think of things like that do think about all options but only pursue the better ones.

I'm a little surprised at how lightly you pass off the fact that our military leaders were considering killing us to spark a war they desired.

That sort of option should NEVER be on the table because it's an insidious and malicious act to perpetrate against the American people, for the American people.

p.s. If it's been planned before, chances are it's been done before.

posted on May, 30 2007 @ 11:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Harassment101
Hi Jillian_Bacardi.

Hell..............we can go to terrorists countries in the middle-east, why can't we travel to Cuba??

Sorry I knew there were restrictions, but you are actually not allowed to visit the country? Wow. ...

It's worse than that. Let's say that you go to Mexico, where Cuban cigars are legal to purchase. It is against American law for you to purchase and smoke a Cuban cigar in Mexico.

posted on May, 30 2007 @ 12:29 PM
link   
Here is an ATS thread with some sources for info on the subject.
Really deep stuff once it is considered over all. Highly advised to go over the material presented in the links, there is a history hidden in the means. Of course, one has to follow the links provided to see as much.

Thread link

posted on May, 30 2007 @ 01:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by pweagle

Well do you think this will divide this country even more should more news channel start to elaborate on this. I can do.

While there is always the possibility that it could deepen the divide, I tend to believe otherwise.

One of the stumbling blocks I've run into when trying to get people to re-examine the circumstances of 9/11 has been their overwhelming denial that THEIR government would never do such a thing to its own people.

With Operation Northwoods being aired some of those people are liable to start thinking for themselves,...maybe along the lines of, 'gee, if they had those plans all those years ago then it IS possible that they dusted them off and USED them.'

And of course there is the possibility that this is being done now because it is felt that it will make it easier to bring in NAU, however, there is also a very real possibility that it will backfire on them. While it will make people distrust the government, it could make that distrust so deep that the people decide not to believe them about 'how good the NAU could be for the country.'

The time has already come when large sections of the citizens no longer believe a word this government says. Many of us have learned that whatever they try to tell us, the wise person will read it as exactly the opposite being much closer to the actual truth.

posted on May, 30 2007 @ 01:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by tyranny22

Originally posted by RedGolem
I did find what was being talked about a little shocking. But just because it was being talked about does not mean it was being seriously considered. I would like to think that people who half to think of things like that do think about all options but only pursue the better ones.

For a stategy to make it to the secretary of defense, I would say that the plans were not only being seriously considered, but were also being pursued. After all, the plan had full approval from the joint cheifs of staff. Were it to be deemed appropriate from the defense secretary the only thing that would stand in the way would be presidential approval. Sure, people would argue that it'd have to pass through congress, but do you seriously think that if a decision was made to launch the agenda the administration would seek congressional approval?

The point is that the plan was rejected by the White House; apparently by McNamara and Kennedy . Kennedy made that clear in his memo to the Joint Chiefs and by his dismissal of Lemnitzer the following year. The fact of the matter is that the Joint Chiefs and the military hierarchy, in general, were out of control and pursuing objectives that, although were helpful to their extreme, right-wing cause, were actually detrimental to the United States. I think what they did in making plans for actions that would result in the deaths of civilian and military personnel bordered on treason.

posted on May, 30 2007 @ 02:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Stormrider
I think what they did in making plans for actions that would result in the deaths of civilian and military personnel bordered on treason.

I would agree with that and add that it not only borders in my mind, but sits firmly in the territory of treasonous intent. It's terrorist planning, no way around it. If terrorists plan to blow up a US ship, even if it doesn't happen they can still be charged.

Like I said earlier, if it's been planned before I'm sure its been done before. Sadly these men never face the punishments they seriously deserve.

posted on May, 30 2007 @ 02:14 PM
link   

In the early 1960s, America's top military leaders reportedly drafted plans to kill innocent people and commit acts of terrorism in U.S. cities to create public support for a war against Cuba.

This is dispicable. Absolutely disgusting.

posted by crisko
This isn't new - I learned about this back in '96. Just goes to show how uneducated / ignorant the populace is becoming. If you had the desire - you could have found this information at any library 11 years ago.

Actually i think this just goes to show how the media really is. If they knew about it and Im sure they did, they didnt make it a big deal. Being ignorant/uneducated is hugely different than being purposely manipulated.

posted by Crisko
Cuba is a communist state - and America will defeat communism on all fronts. We are winning - North Korea and Cuba are the last two major hurdles; China is adopting capitalism, in which democracy always follows.

While Im not advocating Communism, by any means, Plato himself stated that Democracies are erractic and ineffieciant, driven by whims and fancies of its citizens; and furthermore, in its corruption leads to another type of government: Tyrannical.

All conspiracies aside, I believe that someone else stated it best....

posted by lee anoma
p.s. If it's been planned before, chances are it's been done before.

I agree with this statement entirely. A self initiated terror attack is a sure fire way to ignite the will of a populous in retailiation to whoever the Government says is attacking us. V for Vendetta any one? "Along comes a Spider."

But even further than that, if its been thought up before by the same kind of men that are allowed to run this country, it will be thought of again. And maybe that *is* the point.

posted on May, 30 2007 @ 02:31 PM
link   
I only see two options for this country for the future:

A)We unify our people of the continent, knocking down physical barriers and merging our cultures and economies for the benefit and prosperity of everyone there,

or
B)Sometime in the near future, the country will reduce itself into a civil war, in which in this modern age, due to the extrmely diverse makeup of the population and the readily available abundance of firearms and basic components for IED's, the country would never be unified in one entity again for the rest of time, and will likely have large chunks of the country administered by foreign influence for the sake of peace on the North American continent.

Basically we either accept unity and co-existence, or destroy ourselves to the point of non-existence. I choose unity and co-existence.

Yall who want to fight, go ahead and fight. I will try my best to live in peace regardless of if my neighbors are American, Canadian or Mexican, or any other diverse mix of people from across the globe.

[edit on 5/30/2007 by DYepes]

posted on May, 30 2007 @ 02:49 PM
link   
Why this is surpring to some people,I have no idea.
This is the proof you seek in order to prove the government would attack its own people?
You can file this away with The Gulf of Tonkin and the USS Liberty.
And yet any other theory about 9/11,other than the "official" story,is considered fantasy.
The future could very well go like this...2008,2009,"1984"
Come on people,sometimes 2+2=4

posted on May, 30 2007 @ 03:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by DYepes

Yall who want to fight, go ahead and fight. I will try my best to live in peace regardless of if my neighbors are American, Canadian or Mexican, or any other diverse mix of people from across the globe.

Dyepes,
I doubt finer words have ever been spoken on this site. I hope some people will take note of them. There is few things I would like to see happen more. For me however I want to live in peace and freedom. The amount of freedom and the right amount of protection security from the state is that will always be debated. I just hope if the NAU takes over it will have a core of freedom.

posted on May, 30 2007 @ 04:24 PM
link   

posted by crisko
This isn't new - I learned about this back in '96. Just goes to show how uneducated / ignorant the populace is becoming. If you had the desire - you could have found this information at any library 11 years ago.

kaja sinas reply

Actually i think this just goes to show how the media really is. If they knew about it and Im sure they did, they didnt make it a big deal. Being ignorant/uneducated is hugely different than being purposely manipulated.

well being apathetic breeds ignorance and ignorance leads to being easier to be purposefully manipulated

fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me

OK when people realize they have been duped, understand this doesn't make them unintelligent just that they had bigger things going on in there life and didn't really sense the need to change or distance and formulate different opinions from the popular social (media fed) perspectives

kinda makes you wonder what else you may have been duped into believing when you were being taught things

although when u question everything you may wind up falling prey to the muddied waters of alternative theories which are filled with gov't planted disinfo to make finding the real truth very difficult (espeically) in such a distrusting enviornment of truth seekers ( who usually became truth seekers due to some kind of authoritatian manipulation/lies) as well as the sea of sleeping sheeple (skeptics) who haven't sensed a need to formulate opinions different from the popular perspective and or who have seen one to many "crazy" conspiracy theories and therefore tend to lump them all together because (they haven't sensed a need to formulate opinions different from the main stream (media fed)

[edit on 30-5-2007 by cpdaman]

posted on May, 30 2007 @ 04:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by sir_chancealot

Originally posted by Harassment101
Hi Jillian_Bacardi.

Hell..............we can go to terrorists countries in the middle-east, why can't we travel to Cuba??

Sorry I knew there were restrictions, but you are actually not allowed to visit the country? Wow. ...

It's worse than that. Let's say that you go to Mexico, where Cuban cigars are legal to purchase. It is against American law for you to purchase and smoke a Cuban cigar in Mexico.

Sorry mods but the entire quote above has to be included for me to make my point.

The United States has an economic embargo against Cuba, but that does not mean an American can't visit. We just can't spend money there.

A citizen of the U.S. can go to Canada or Mexico and fly to Cuba, or they can use a boat from Florida to sail to Cuba and they will not be breaking any laws.

If they spend any money in Cuba they will be in trouble cause they have violated the economic embargo.

I know, I know, what is the point of going to Cuba and not stocking up on cigars and enjoying some of the better ladies of the night?

Still, U.S. citizens can visit Cuba. As long as you don't spend any money it's perfectly legal.

[edit on 30-5-2007 by mrwupy]

posted on May, 30 2007 @ 08:36 PM
link   
I see no reason that there will ever be a North American Union. There shouldn't be a problem retaining national sovereignty. It just requires more libertarian, civilized laws than the present fare of the Klingon/Ferengi/Borg Empire to become a thinking, feeling republic again; or perhaps effectively for the first time. (Those unfamiliar with Star Trek references are lost). We'll get there. Hang on to your hats.

posted on May, 30 2007 @ 10:11 PM
link   

Still, U.S. citizens can visit Cuba. As long as you don't spend any money it's perfectly legal.

I am not trying to be silly here, I am actually asking a legitimate question. What if I, as an American citizen, travel to Cuba from Mexico, but had my currency exchanged into pesos or euros before I left. Would I still be forbidden from using the foreign currency, or does the law only apply to Greenbacks?

posted on May, 31 2007 @ 02:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by crisko

Well the US government is spending plenty of money on education so why do you think people are becoming more 'uneducated' and or 'ignorant'? Do they really know less and less or are they just being educated in ways that does not aid them in understanding their environment?

Cuba is a communist state - and America will defeat communism on all fronts.

The US government also created North Korea, Cuba and most of the rest of the so called US enemies. Why do you think that has happened and how do you think they will ever defeat problems they spent so much energy/bombs/terrorism creating?

We are winning - North Korea and Cuba are the last two major hurdles;

And those are hardly hurdles at all but do serve as useful distractions to those who have received their education in the system you are taking to task.

China is adopting capitalism,

So are a host of dictatorships and tyrants of all kinds....

in which democracy always follows.

As if something as relatively good can come from something as horrible as capitalism... Should it be any surprise that it does not and most certainly is not happening in this case?

This has been our doctrine for over 50 years.

Maybe you should have spent some more hours in those libraries! The strategy of the US national security state has had very little to do with destroying 'communism' and almost everything with whatever dominance it still retains. What it DID do in the last fifty years is nothing to brag about ( unless your exchanging notes with Satan himself in which case there might be reason to feel quite satisfied) and those who attempt to should be exposed for their ignorance or inhuman love of death and destruction.

Stellar

posted on May, 31 2007 @ 08:33 PM
link   
I'm having a wee-bit of trouble with this after reading the ABC Story.
I mean, couldn't we expect some links or quotes rather than the "reportably" stuff?
Or am I missing something here? Further, their talking 60's political/military thoughts with what seems as slim-to-none facts.

Dallas

posted on Jun, 1 2007 @ 08:10 AM
link   
Another link for some info, should prove to be a good read.

A quoted section;

According to secret and long-hidden documents obtained for Body of Secrets, the Joint Chiefs of Staff drew up and approved plans for what may be the most corrupt plan ever created by the U.S. goverument. In the name of anticommunism, they proposed launching a secret and bloody war of terrorism against their own country in order to trick the American public into supporting an ill-conceived war they intended to launch against Cuba.

Codenamed Operation Northwoods, the plan, which had the written approval of the Chairman and every member of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, called for innocent people to be shot on American streets; for boats carrying refugees fleeing Cuba to be sunk on the high seas; for a wave of violent terrorism to be launched in Washington, D.C., Miami, and elsewhere.
People would be framed for bombings they did not commit; planes would be hijacked. Using phony evidence, all of it would be blamed on Castro, thus giving Lemnitzer and his cabal the excuse, as well as the public and international backing, they needed to launch their war.
Body of Secrets: Anatomy of the Ultra-Secret National Security Agency from the Cold War through the Dawn of a New Century.

posted on Jun, 1 2007 @ 09:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by DYepes
I am not trying to be silly here, I am actually asking a legitimate question. What if I, as an American citizen, travel to Cuba from Mexico, but had my currency exchanged into pesos or euros before I left. Would I still be forbidden from using the foreign currency, or does the law only apply to Greenbacks?

If you are a citizen of the United States and you have any commerce what-so-ever with Cuba, You have broken the law and can be put on trial for it. No government agency, business or private citizen can do business with Cuba in any way, shape or fashion. You can drive over in a boat, but you can't buy a drink when you get there. It's not a travel embargo, it's an economic embargo.

posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 11:18 AM
link   
reply to post by cpdaman

I realize this is an old thread, but I didn't think I should create a new one, but has anyone else noted that the story published on ABC News about Operation Northwoods was dated May 1, 2001? It could very well be a coincidence,
as lots of dates have history...and maybe my tinfoil hat is too securely placed, but there have been so many big things tied to May 1. Hitler and Bin Laden's supposed deaths or their death pronouncements, the LA riots (were happening if not started on) and many more. Again, it could be just the fact that any day has many events. Still, I thought it was somewhat interesting and eery.

Note the date of the article.
abcnews.go.com...

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join