It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ABC news uncovers "operation northwoods" and why IMO

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+3 more 
posted on May, 29 2007 @ 11:08 AM
link   
abcnews.go.com...

for all of you not familiar with what Operation Northwoods means please read the story above.

from what i can gather, there is a reason ABC news is starting to post story's that paint the American gov't and militiary in a Untrustworthy light.

this kind of information is being given to the sheeple now (it has been declassified for years) so they will feel less national pride and less resistance after the ecomic collapse to become part of the NAU (North American Union) . the media is Owned by GLOBALISTS and ABC news is putting this out so people will quetion the US gov't and not mind an OVERHAUL of its Structure. IMO

you can fool some of the people all the time, but you can't fool all the people all of the time

i am eager to see if there is more anti- american gov't sentiment from the major news channels in order to reduce people's sentiment toward there own country and pave the way for the NAU. stay tuned

[edit on 29-5-2007 by cpdaman]

posted on May, 29 2007 @ 11:40 AM
link   
Could it be that ABC is reporting this because people are discussing it anyway? Or because it is in a newly published book, they want to shed light on "conspiracy theorists". HMM, I wonder what John Glen thought about the plan to kill him.

posted on May, 29 2007 @ 09:54 PM
link   
I did find what was being talked about a little shocking. But just because it was being talked about does not mean it was being seriously considered. I would like to think that people who half to think of things like that do think about all options but only pursue the better ones.

posted on May, 29 2007 @ 10:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by RedGolem
I did find what was being talked about a little shocking. But just because it was being talked about does not mean it was being seriously considered. I would like to think that people who half to think of things like that do think about all options but only pursue the better ones.

For a stategy to make it to the secretary of defense, I would say that the plans were not only being seriously considered, but were also being pursued. After all, the plan had full approval from the joint cheifs of staff. Were it to be deemed appropriate from the defense secretary the only thing that would stand in the way would be presidential approval. Sure, people would argue that it'd have to pass through congress, but do you seriously think that if a decision was made to launch the agenda the administration would seek congressional approval?

posted on May, 29 2007 @ 10:55 PM
link   
I have always thought there is something shady going on with the way Cuba has been handled. It is the only country in the world that U.S. citizens are not allowed to visit, the only country that has been "starved" because of sanctions our government has imposed on them.

Hell..............we can go to terrorists countries in the middle-east, why can't we travel to Cuba?? Why can't we buy Cuban cigars??? I, for one, wouldn't mind visiting the place to see if what I have heard is really true. It is supposed to have some of the most beautiful beaches in the world, should have a thriving tourism economy but it is a country stuck in the 50's with poverty and corruption everywhere and I don't think it is all because of Castro.

posted on May, 29 2007 @ 11:12 PM
link   
It's not just ABC news that seems to be changing strategy, CNN was actually haivng news anchors smile and talk about how dissent is patriotic recently when they were showing the protesters getting beat up by the cops recently.

I am also wondering what is mainstream media up to with these new tactics, it definitely isn't because they are all of a sudden seeing the light, ownership as far as I know is still the same. I feel some type of manipulation is going on for some purpose other than presenting the truth, which they are definitely not known for.

posted on May, 29 2007 @ 11:17 PM
link   
Sorry OP, but dont try to make it seem like the media is trying to get the people to distrust the government, their actions and plans obviously speak for themselves.

How can you be proud of of a heritage who planned and attempted to orchestrate state sponsored terrorism on another country, becuse AT THE TIME, they were choosing to live differently. The only thing that has destroyed Cuba is crippling sanctions and the military force to enforce them. Had no sanctions ever existed, Cuba would be more aesthetically pleasing, and alot easier to live in for its citizens.

You have to wonder what will be de-classified about Iraq and 9/11 fourty years from now, when the present civilian and military administrators will either all be dead, missing, or re-named.
Sorry OP, but dont try to make it seem like the media is trying to get the people to distrust the government, their actions and plans obviously speak for themselves.

How can you be proud of of a heritage who planned and attempted to orchestrate state sponsored terrorism on another country, becuse AT THE TIME, they were choosing to live differently. The only thing that has destroyed Cuba is crippling sanctions and the military force to enforce them. Had no sanctions ever existed, Cuba would be more aesthetically pleasing, and alot easier to live in for its citizens.

Just because they would not have had two SUV's, a 50 inch plasma, new cel phones every year, and 150$ shoes every two months does not mean they would not have enjoyed life. The desire to WANT excessive commodities is burned into the psyche by marketing.

You have to wonder what will be de-classified about Iraq and 9/11 fourty years from now, when the present civilian and military administrators will either all be dead, missing, or re-named.

VIVA LA NORTH AMERICAN UNION
seriously.

[edit on 5/29/2007 by DYepes]

posted on May, 29 2007 @ 11:47 PM
link   
Hi Jillian_Bacardi.

Hell..............we can go to terrorists countries in the middle-east, why can't we travel to Cuba??

Sorry I knew there were restrictions, but you are actually not allowed to visit the country? Wow.

I think they are just posting it now, because it's being talked about so much. I think Rosie love her or hate her, has gotten the nation thinking about this stuff, and I think things like that raise the consciousness.

I really think it's just the same thing these people always do. If the information is soon going to come out anyways, they will post it themselves first. I know Operation Northwoods info was out, but I think with the Rosie stuff and other things, people are more open to the possibility and the news people who are suppose to be representing the people, probably could not hold this back any longer.

There are all these other stories they are sitting on and this is nothing. I just hope everyone who sees the article sends it to all their friends, and their friends, etc. Social Network the info, till everyone is aware of it. Use the opportunity.

I also think the NAU theory is a good posibility. So if it becomes the NAU will people in the Union be able to travel to Cuba? Just a thought. Either way I am happy the info is out. I don't have to keep posting it in sporadic places hoping that someday someway enough people will see it. I just hope aol picks it up, and digg, and all those places.

People really need to use this oppertunity to get that article to other sources.

posted on May, 29 2007 @ 11:53 PM
link   
Ok I’m kind of thinking yes on this one. These plans are completely fusible and yet they would have been followed threw with had Kennedy when along with it. But Kennedy and the president of today are two completely different creatures. And that thing the daddy bush said about a New World Order would fit right into today conspiracies. Why would we need disclosure 20 or 50 years from now when we have the internet and brilliant people in the world who are a lot starter then folks back in the 60’s. The truth is known, call um conspiracy, call us un American. Maybe this is part of the revolt, maybe people are finally going to open there eyes. But then again leave it to fundamentalist to rationalize this for Bush.

Well do you think this will divide this country even more should more news channel start to elaborate on this. Which I dough, “oh no, fire, put it out quick!”

Yeah maybe in a few year I’ll start to make sense, for now this is the best I can do.

posted on May, 30 2007 @ 12:52 AM
link   
It's an interesting premise. If mainstream media disclosure of Operation Northwoods is an effort to undermine American confidence in their respective government, can you imagine what a 9/11-as-inside-job mainsteam media blitz would do?

If 9/11 was designed all along to 1) get the United States actively engaged in the Middle East, and 2) be used to discredit the US government to pave the way for the NAU, it makes sense why 9/11 was so obviously carried out as an inside job.

Also, can any one else think of a better fall guy than George W. Bush? The man practically has "patsy" tatooed on his forehead. I think this idea has legs. If we see more stories filter into the mainstream media that undermine credibility in the US government, as opposed to the Republicans, keep an eye open for any mention of the Amero, and the spin put on it.

posted on May, 30 2007 @ 01:15 AM
link   
cpdaman,
good perception!! My intuition lit up like a bulb when I read your thread starter.
I too have recently recognized the same trend. CBS is doing it also. But your perception focused me on the intent. Thanks. I believe you're correct.

subz you're additional comment,

"If 9/11 was designed all along to 1) get the United States actively engaged in the Middle East, and 2) be used to discredit the US government to pave the way for the NAU, it makes sense why 9/11 was so obviously carried out as an inside job.

Also, can any one else think of a better fall guy than George W. Bush? The man practically has "patsy" tatooed on his forehead. I think this idea has legs. If we see more stories filter into the mainstream media that undermine credibility in the US government, as opposed to the Republicans, keep an eye open for any mention of the Amero, and the spin put on it.

I concurr with your perception also. Good thinking!

posted on May, 30 2007 @ 01:15 AM
link   
JFK, Johnson, Nixon........They were all crazy as hell.....The people that worked for them, and had their ear were even crazier...sweet jesus that is nuts

posted on May, 30 2007 @ 01:30 AM
link   
from what you can gather the media is trying to discredit the government and the military? Is that because of the abundance of credibility they now enjoy?

Maybe the mainstream media has figured out that the people are going to the web for the news more often because they get it there and maybe they want to win some of those people back from the web media sites? So maybe it is their own not so good credibility they are trying to change.

I don't think that the government and the military need any help in discrediting, they seem to be the best at that themselves.

posted on May, 30 2007 @ 03:49 AM
link   
i think that the reason ABC is making Operation Northwoods public is because DisneyLand / World/ or Disney Euro, is going to be the target of the next terror attack! OMG!

Disney is an american idol, and think of all the children...this would piss off a lot of americans...and military enlistments would double/triple/ect.

Now that i think about it, isn't Disney Euro losing money? So Disney would get to collect a big insurance check! and maybe even turn a profit

posted on May, 30 2007 @ 04:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by DYepes

Just because they would not have had two SUV's, a 50 inch plasma, new cel phones every year, and 150$ shoes every two months does not mean they would not have enjoyed life. The desire to WANT excessive commodities is burned into the psyche by marketing.

VIVA LA NORTH AMERICAN UNION
seriously.

[edit on 5/29/2007 by DYepes]

This isn't new - I learned about this back in '96. Just goes to show how uneducated / ignorant the populace is becoming. If you had the desire - you could have found this information at any library 11 years ago.

Cuba is a communist state - and America will defeat communism on all fronts. We are winning - North Korea and Cuba are the last two major hurdles; China is adopting capitalism, in which democracy always follows.

This has been our doctrine for over 50 years.

[edit on 30-5-2007 by crisko]

posted on May, 30 2007 @ 08:19 AM
link   
This is really not anything new Operation Northwoods has been around for quite sometime. here are some scans of the original northwoods docs from the joint cheifs
www.gwu.edu...

Just go to Yahoo (Google is now to big brother for me) and search operation northwoods

This is the new presidential directive for continuity of government I believe there is a
forum or post on this here somewhere but I hate the search feature on this site so I am not gonna go look it up. it should be under NSPD51 or something along those lines

www.whitehouse.gov...

The presidential directive was not really a surprise to me but more of a warning
if the president and the government are taking measures then
should we be worried?
should we be warned?

at any rate everyone has to come to there own conclusions so get to it

Later
GEO

posted on May, 30 2007 @ 08:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by cpdaman

from what i can gather, there is a reason ABC news is starting to post story's that paint the American gov't and militiary in a Untrustworthy light.

[edit on 29-5-2007 by cpdaman]

This story was done in May, 2001 before 9-11 when it was ok to criticize the govt and the military. If the MSM did that today it would be seen as unpatriotic.

By David Ruppe N E W Y O R K, May 1, 2001

posted on May, 30 2007 @ 08:36 AM
link   
You can bet if it's in the mainstream news it's because they were told by the people that run this country to make it news. I can't help but think that the people that run the U.S.A. Know that something major is going to happen within the next few years and the hole thing ( 9/11, the wars, and anything else they can think of ) is to keep people from learning about it. Mabe something to do with 2012.

posted on May, 30 2007 @ 09:40 AM
link   
Yes the contention of this thread makes real good sense, And I straightaway was reminded of this great video Open Complicity: Anatomy of the 9/11 Cover-Up video.google.com... where we see such obvious gaffs, it is like those patronizing phonecall questions these quiz and reality shows give for the lowest common denominator of intelligence. For if you dont see the gaffs of the perpetrators of 9/11 your in serious denial----and a lot are

But it is so as to divert attantion to the U.S, administration and away from the transnational globalists who are the real enemy behind the front puppets/scenes. henvce their media now is doing this for that specific reason.

So what do we do?

We look both at the complying puppets, AND at the trans national globalists behind them

[edit on 30-5-2007 by zoomein]

posted on May, 30 2007 @ 11:38 AM
link   
I have a question... not knowing everything about American politics...

Is there ANY event that could happen that would allow Bush to stay in power?

And the NAU who all would be included?

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join