It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Youth of today...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 29 2007 @ 06:56 AM
link   
"Youth today love luxury. They have bad manners, contempt for authority, no respect for older people, and talk nonsense when they should be working. Young people do not stand up any longer when adults enter the room. They contradict their parents, talk too much in company, guzzle their food, lay their legs on the table and tyrannise their elders"

-Socrates, indicating the youth of Athens, Greece, c. 500 BC.

Not much has changed then, eh?

Seems youth of today is more like youth of yesterday...

posted on May, 29 2007 @ 08:36 AM
link   
I guess some things never change, including the generation gap.

But I bet ol' Socrates would have been really dismayed by computer games, sideshow drivers, and blockbuster summer movies. Not to mention cell phones.

posted on May, 29 2007 @ 09:27 AM
link   
Oh yes, I'm sure he'd be real impressed with the way people bend over backwards to give there kids everything, so the kids can treat everyone with a level of contempt that goes above and beyond the level I usually reserve only for the French.

The way a retarded degenerate can stand 6'9, catch a ball and earn millions every month. While above averagely intelligent hard working kids struggle to fund their way through an over priced underfunded university system.

It really dosen't matter what the greatest thinker thinks, because if he opened his mouth someone would put a cap in his ass(Mexican donkey!!)

:bnghd::bnghd::bnghd::bnghd::bnghd::bnghd::bnghd::bnghd::bnghd::bnghd::bnghd:

That's how I feel after a day at work: teaching the youfff of today.

new topics

join