It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fuel tank in Vertical fin

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 29 2007 @ 06:24 AM
link   
Do you know how much capacity of fuel tank in vertical fin on these aircraft?

F-22
F/A-18E/F
Su-35
F-111

posted on May, 29 2007 @ 07:15 AM
link   
I was unaware that they had fuel in their tail fins?

It wouldn't be very logical because of the weight and balance problems caused by fuel storage there.

I suspect if there are tanks in their tail fins that they are more intended for weight trim from subsonic to supersonic. Concorde had similar issues.

posted on May, 29 2007 @ 08:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by sy.gunson
I was unaware that they had fuel in their tail fins?

It wouldn't be very logical because of the weight and balance problems caused by fuel storage there.

I suspect if there are tanks in their tail fins that they are more intended for weight trim from subsonic to supersonic. Concorde had similar issues.

Most aircraft have trim tanks in the tail these days, not just supersonic ones.

Usually its only a couple of hundred kilos.

posted on May, 30 2007 @ 12:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by emile
Do you know how much capacity of fuel tank in vertical fin on these aircraft?

F-22
F/A-18E/F
Su-35
F-111

Again Emile I have to ask, what is with all of these detalied aircraft questions? You woking for the central design group for the Communist regime or what?

posted on May, 30 2007 @ 03:42 AM
link   
FredT:

No body will think what I asked are so special or professional, since you're FredT, the name also showed in JAWA, I think your surprisal give me a huge pride which I shouldn't have in an English forum, because all I discussed only a commonal thing that is originally belong to your nation.
Yes, what make your impress of me is I had never replied something "secret", because I won't join to talk on hearsay like... something fly on 7 mach

Let's make a deal, if you give me what I want to know, I will give you what I want to know. How about that? Think about again

posted on May, 30 2007 @ 07:15 AM
link   
What a dummy I feel, Fred T = Fred T Jane, yes, I see it now, but I never did before. How long have I been on this forum? Doh!

posted on May, 30 2007 @ 07:18 AM
link   
You're not the Chinese guy called Lastone who hassled aviation people on aviationforum.org powered by Vbulletin are you ?

Lastone began asking very similar detailed questions about the F-22 Raptor until finally several members got sick of him asking for sensitive military information. Once lastone was outed he packed a huff... accused everyone else of racism and left the website.

That isn't you by any chance is it emile ?

Lastone's avatar was a very bizarre satanic figure too. We asked you an honest question. Now please give us an honest reply.

posted on May, 30 2007 @ 09:32 AM
link   
Almost everyone here knew I am a Chinese. The name I used here is same as I used in Chinese Forum. What I asked here, I also asked in Chinese military forum, no body think my questions are so much sensitive there. Please don't make yourself so sensitive. You are a such knowledgable man who in my impression are can not be surprised by any questions I asked.

The huge forum is called Above Top Secret, English you used as mother tongue, you know what does that mean much well than me, if you think what I posted are seeking nation's secret to threat you or your country, please send demurral to Mod. All I worried just is what I posted not tally with the forum title.

posted on May, 30 2007 @ 09:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by waynos
What a dummy I feel, Fred T = Fred T Jane, yes, I see it now, but I never did before. How long have I been on this forum? Doh!

Today is the anniversary of your registration in this forum, are you going to celebrate it? Give me some surprising for example?

I allure you come out at least by post something concerning British aircraft!

[edit on 30-5-2007 by emile]

posted on May, 30 2007 @ 06:30 PM
link   
Well Emile it would be interesting if you shared stuff about the J-12 fighter which looks like the YF-23 ?

posted on May, 30 2007 @ 11:20 PM
link   
You have seen that before because I posted.
I have told you that canard YF-23 only is a fantasy. But I can tell you becaues of small load of J-10, China are developing a twin engine version of J-10. It will like this one possiblly, no details released up to now. I have been warning to military fans of Chinese, a copy of F-22 will be no future because we don't know the details and thoughts of design that F-22 belong to, and a way of simplly enlarge the J-10 is as same as copy F-22. If PLA really need a fighter superior than Typhoon.

posted on May, 31 2007 @ 07:31 AM
link   
With all these threads about china trying to copy the F-22, you would think that people didn't know that there is Chinese industrial involvement in the F-22 itself!

Even the US, incredibly, doesn't know quite how much Chinese involvement there is and is currently running a study to see how much of the F-22 is Chinese and if any of it poses a security risk. Quite an amazing situation for such a secret aircraft to find itself in, no?

posted on May, 31 2007 @ 08:32 AM
link   

posted by emile

I have told you that canard YF-23 only is a fantasy . . and a way of simplly enlarge the J-10 is as same as copy F-22. If PLA really need a fighter superior than Typhoon. [Edited by Don W]

Risk of a HOT war? Not really, not in any dangerous sense of the “versus” juxtaposing of the two wanna-be super powers. Having read many posts here by people who are familiar with Chinese weapons development and looking at the weapons the US has in service, it seems to me that the real competition is not between the 2 powers with any view towards armed conflict, but rather, it is a matter of competing in the World Arms Market. That is the underlying reason for secrecy to the extent there is any in this world of electronic eavesdropping and satellite viewing. Not to mention globalization and the out-sourcing of parts and machines to assemble parts used in war goods.

That is what the China versus United States thing is about. I’m not sure we could even have a good proxy war today. In 2007. China is moving in Central Asia and the north of Africa to secure both energy and other raw materials. China is as much in competition with Japan, Korea, India and other SE Asian powers as it is with the US and the EU.

I called the US a “wanna-be” super power because we have demonstrated in more than 4 years that in 2007, you cannot eradicate dissenters by use of force. China has a similar problem internally, and uses it 3 million man PLA to keep the lid on. Its modern airplanes and maybe subs - I’m not sure about PRC and deep diving subs - are important to make the PRC competitive in the world’s arms trade. That’s all. Other than a re-run of the US and Israeli versus the Arabs, and other anti-capitalists insurgencies around the world, we are pretty much at peace. It costs too much to wage war, anymore. At least, the old fashioned way. IMO.

[edit on 5/31/2007 by donwhite]

top topics

join