It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cindy Sheehan claims to have 'quit'

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 29 2007 @ 05:50 AM
link   
News Story

Cindy Sheehan, the obviously mentally ill woman who has made her own life a complete mess, has made a statement that she has 'quit' being the poster child of the anti-Bush/anti-war movement.

This is the first time I have seen media-whore acknowledge that she has messed up her life by her own antics. She doesn't call them 'antics' ... but that's what they are. The fact that she acknowledges that she screwed up her own marriage and strained her family relationships is a step in the right direction for her to get some mental health treatment (that, IMHO, she desperately needs).

Wonder if she'll take the time to thank Casey's dad who FINALLY put the tombstone on his grave while she was off on free trips around the world - to Hawaii and such. Hope so.

Casey's birthday falls around Memorial Day each year.
Wonder if this had any affect on Cindy's decision?
Wonder if she is really bowing out, or if she'll be back?
Guess time will tell.

[edit on 5/29/2007 by FlyersFan]

posted on May, 29 2007 @ 08:22 AM
link   
As soon as Dirty Sheehan turned on the Democrats, the media was sure to follow.

Sheehan was the Democrats, and the medias, darling when she was taking on Bush. But when she targeted hypocrits in the Democrat party, she was no longer considered "a useful idiot", she was considered a threat.

I loved the way she mentioned Democratic Underground by name! All heck is breaking out over there because of it!

I wrote them a note expressing my gratefullness for destroying Sheehan. I'm sure they will appreiciate it!

posted on May, 29 2007 @ 03:00 PM
link   
So she finally realized that she was nothing but a tool for the Democratic party. So much for being the party of compassion and inclusion...

posted on May, 29 2007 @ 03:28 PM
link   
I never had any problem with her being a Democratic Party mouth piece. I did always wonder why they would need another one, as they have so many..

My problem with her was, is and shall remain her lack of respect for all her son stood for.

She systematically and publicly attempted to tarnish her "loved ones" honorable and suburb service to his country.

Perhaps now her son wont look down with too much shame at her.

Semper

posted on May, 29 2007 @ 03:35 PM
link   
" Mentally ILL person " ???

Mentally ill for rejoicing in her pregnancy? For giving birth to a child ? For loving that child more than she loved her own life and comfort ? For raising that child with love and care ? For hoping that child would enjoy a well-lived life ? For hoping that child would himself enjoy marriage, parenthood, middle and old age spent with family, colleagues and friends ? For mourning the early and wasted death of her own child ? For protesting a president and government which sent her child to an early and pointless death ? For declaring her child had been sent to his death in an immoral, disgusting war against people who had posed no threat to him and his or even his countrymen ?

Mentally ill ?

For having the courage to stand up publicly and state out loud what millions of others dare say only via anonymous posts within hundreds of forums, or within the privacy of their own homes ?

And you CELEBRATE the destruction of a woman of such honesty and courage ? A woman brave enough to show the world the face of a mother torn by rage and grief ? A woman brave and selfless enough to stand up to a massive governmental machine determined to destroy her ?

posted on May, 29 2007 @ 05:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dock6
" Mentally ILL person " ???

Yes.

Mentally ill for rejoicing in her pregnancy? For ...

She NEVER was about any of those things. Never. It was all about HER.
For a woman who supposedly was those things ... she never bothered to put a grave stone on her son's grave. She took the money that was given to her to do it .. and she bought herself some acerage in Crawford Texas with it , as a permenant place to hold her 'protests' from.

She was too busy on her free trips around the world .. free trips to Hawaii .. meetings with semi-celebs like Jesse Jackson .. too busy in the middle east negotiating our 'surrender' to the terrorists (yes, it'd documented and it's against the law) etc etc ... too busy throwing her family away .... too busy throwing her marriage away .. too busy neglecting her child (living) .... too busy with herself (always photographed SMILING) ... too busy with all these things to be ANY of those things you mentioned.

And you CELEBRATE the destruction of a woman ...

I am celebrating that perhaps she finally recognizes her own mental health situation and perhaps she can now get some mental health care. She needs it. The radical left has used and abused this woman .... and she has lapped it up. She is in DIRE need of professional care. If she doesn't get it ... I fear suicide is in her future.

posted on May, 29 2007 @ 06:04 PM
link   
Dirty Sheehan was a fraud from Day 1. Demanding to have a meeting with President Bush, when they already a face to face meeting. How many people get a direct meeting with the President, and all of a sudden realize they "forgot" to tell him something, the demand another meeting?

It's just ironic that it was Democrats that shut her down! Gotta love that!

posted on May, 29 2007 @ 06:17 PM
link   
I think this is terribly sad. Cindy Sheehan gave a lot of herself and her life for something she believed in (and something a LOT of Americans believe in). Her only fault was that she was naive enough to think she could make a difference in today's corrupt political leadership environment.

The Democrats are as big a disappointment as are the Republicans. I wish I could have told her that they're all slimy crooks...

RIP Cindy Sheehan... And thanks for trying so damn hard.

posted on May, 29 2007 @ 06:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic
Her only fault was that she was naive enough to think she could make a difference ....

that wasn't her only fault .. but if you choose to view her that way and it makes ya' happy, then have at it BH. You are being charitable.

I still hope she gets a ton of mental health care now that she's supposedly retired from this mess she got herself into. Frankly - after viewing the threads over at Democratic Underground .. and the response that the management over there made to Sheehans complaint .. I REALLY get the impression that this is all another 'poor me/pay attention to me' stunt by Sheehan.

It wouldn't surprise me to see her make a 'come back' in a few weeks ... and she'll bask in the glow of the radicals at DU ....

posted on May, 29 2007 @ 10:44 PM
link   

"I was the darling of the so-called left as long as I limited my protests to George Bush and the Republican Party. Of course, I was slandered and libeled by the right as a 'tool' of the Democratic Party." Sheehan wrote. "However, when I started to hold the Democratic Party to the same standards that I held the Republican Party, support for my cause started to erode and the 'left' started labeling me with the same slurs that the right used."

www.foxnews.com...

Cindy Sheehan's motives were always in question as far as I was concerned and I'm not about to come to her defense now, but she learned a quick lesson about the Left, just as I did and just as Jane Roe did and just as David Horowitz did.

If you ever question the left, you're dead meat as far as they are concerned.

For the most part, the Right tolerated Sheehan's antics with a critical reserve and in fact it was not the Right who did her in. It was her buddies on the Left.

[edit on 2007/5/29 by GradyPhilpott]

posted on May, 30 2007 @ 01:02 AM
link   
Hmm, a mother who lost her son in an unjust war is mentally ill because she's pissed off? Infact, I think if she wasn't pissed off and razed hell about what happend she would be mentally ill.

What ruined her life was the attack-dogs of the Republican echo chamber, and then their Democrat comrades when she saw them for the complicit hacks they are.

She stood up for what she believed was right. That is not something she should be ashamed of. She has admited defeat because the scales are tilted gigantically against her, and justice, consequently.

posted on May, 31 2007 @ 05:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by subz
a mother who lost her son in an unjust war is mentally ill because she's pissed off?

a mother who lost her ADULT child to a war that he BELIEVED IN and that she didn't ... a woman who took the insurance money that was supposed to go for his grave marker and instead bought property next to the house of POTUS .... a woman who destroyed her marriage and alienated her entire family .. a woman who toured the world and hobnobbed with semi-celebs like Jesse Jackson - smiling the whole time and laughing (all the while allegedly grieving????) ... a woman who CRAVES MASSIVE ATTENTION and CRAVES being massively coddled (and probably now craves the free handouts)....

She never bothered to put a grave marker on her son's grave. The father ended up finally doing it. Grieving mother eh??? :shk:

She definately is mentally ill.
She needs SERIOUS mental health help.

new topics

top topics

join