It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can't we all just get along?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 28 2007 @ 11:24 PM
link   
Ok I know the main reasons for war are money, power and control. I just believe that the world as a whole would be wealthier if everyone agreed to end all war forever. It may sound like a pipe dream to some, but wouldn't each nation soon become much more advanced without having to fund expensive war efforts? Trade between all nations would flourish IMO and I believe everyone would benefit. And let's face it folks, one day someone is going to push the wrong button and life could be over for most of us as we know it. How long does a planet have to go through these periods of war before people learn destroying each other isn't the answer? Will humans ever learn?

posted on May, 28 2007 @ 11:39 PM
link   

Things are starting to get ridiculous and there is no point to any of it.

Most of the wars in the past have been over legit reasons but its getting to the point where it seems like we're just fighting these wars to get money. Thats actually Exactly what it is.

I really wish we could all get along.. There are thousands upon thousands of benefits availabe to us if the human race just agreed to stop bickering and work as one. As one single planet.

But straight up, people are evil. And unfortunatley those are the people making the decisions for the rest of the world. They dont care about us

posted on May, 28 2007 @ 11:45 PM
link   
I disagree that war is about money.. War is about showing that your a dominant species, though, we are all the same species, i'm talking nation wise. Don't worry ladies and gentlemen, war of oil will end soon.. But, the war for natural resources will never stop.. It was land, then oil.. What's next you may ask? Well, what's 80% of the body and the earth? There's the answer.. Enjoy!:w:

posted on May, 29 2007 @ 02:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by MadSeason313
I disagree that war is about money.. War is about showing that your a dominant species, though, we are all the same species, i'm talking nation wise.

Well you don't have to be agressive and fight wars to be dominant. You could be a dominant nation in health tech, or space travel, etc. You say that wars aren't about money, tell that to the defense contracters with no bid contracts and fat wallets.

posted on May, 29 2007 @ 06:51 PM
link   
I wish we could all get along. I'm ready to get along. But a huge number of people won't get along, and I'm not talking thousands, I'm talking millions maybe even billions won't get along.

posted on May, 30 2007 @ 03:05 AM
link   
yeah it IS getting out of hand with the rudeness. the only way (possibly) everyone will get along is if something really major happens to the world. but thats a big maybe there. but i remember after 9/11 went down people were suddenly all about other people but see how long that lasted? it's pretty damn ridiciulous how it is lately and it seems to keep getting worse
i still try to keep a positive mind and surround myself with positive people.

posted on May, 30 2007 @ 04:10 AM
link   
I GAURANTEE you that NO MATTER what happens, all people will NEVER get along, I bet my 2 cents on that. As long as humans exist, there will be fighting, no matter what happened. Even if all humans get wiped out and 2 are left they're pretty likely to fight,..........darn those humans

posted on May, 30 2007 @ 11:06 PM
link   
War really isn't about money... To the naked eye, money may be the concept.. But it's about being in power, and what do you need to be in power? Resources? And what do you need in order to obtain those resources? Money.. So money is just a tool to obtain a higher power, to be godlike.. Though, some just may pure will, the average person would handle it like a gentlemen, with his wallet..

posted on May, 31 2007 @ 06:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by AcesInTheHole
Ok I know the main reasons for war are money, power and control.

You forgot religion. As in - Radical Fundamentalist Islam.

posted on May, 31 2007 @ 06:23 AM
link   
Ace,

The Anti-Christ is supposed to fix all wars so maybe this is why people will follow him and adore him. It will be very easy for this person to gain a world-wide following.

:shk:

posted on May, 31 2007 @ 06:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan

Originally posted by AcesInTheHole
Ok I know the main reasons for war are money, power and control.

You forgot religion. As in - Radical Fundamentalist Islam.

Islam isn't the only religion that has extremists, in fact, MOST of the religions have extremists. Whatever you do, don't judge a whole religion by what some boneheads do.

new topics

top topics

join