It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NEWS: Armed group storms Mexican jail

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 5 2004 @ 05:18 PM
link   
A large group of people have stormed a jail in mexico and freed at least 20 prisoners,1 person is reported dead.As of yet it is unknown as to who has escaped.

More details will be posted as the story breaks.

posted on Jan, 5 2004 @ 05:20 PM
link   
I wonder what the motivation is for this. Could they be trying to free someone important who's at the jail?

posted on Jan, 5 2004 @ 05:23 PM
link   
My guess is that it is a it was done by an organized crime syndicate going in to free members who got arrested.

posted on Jan, 5 2004 @ 05:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by JediMaster
My guess is that it is a it was done by an organized crime syndicate going in to free members who got arrested.

Thats excatly what I thought. I guess we'll have to wait and see what the real story is.

posted on Jan, 5 2004 @ 05:34 PM
link   
All i can add at this moment is that it was a large scale attack of upto 50 people.

posted on Jan, 5 2004 @ 05:41 PM
link   
Damn, I hope ppl come bust me out if I ever have to go to jail.

posted on Jan, 5 2004 @ 05:45 PM
link   
www.reuters.co.uk...

At 3:20 this morning a commando of 40 or 50 people arrived, heavily armed and dressed as soldiers...tied up the guards saying they were doing a check of the prison and they released approximately 22 prisoners," said Lorena Cortes, a spokeswoman for the state Attorney General.
"One convict, called Fernando Coria, died while he was trying to escape. Apparently one of the guards shot him from a distance." she added.

-B.

new topics

top topics

join