It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Taurine

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 28 2007 @ 08:35 PM
link   
You ever here the rumor that taurine is bull semen? Ive been hearing this a lot lately but i dont really believe it.

At the same time I wouldn't really be suprised. I dont even drink energy drinks anyways tho so i guess I'm safe from the bulls semen.

I did a quick check on wiki and didnt come up with anything.

en.wikipedia.org...

So, bull semen in red bull?

posted on May, 28 2007 @ 09:44 PM
link   
Taurine is an amino acid. So while it's likely it might be in bull semen, I doubt that's where they're getting it from.

Taurine acts as a metabolic transmitter and additionally has a detoxifying effect and strengthens cardiac contractility.

www.3dchem.com...#

posted on May, 28 2007 @ 10:00 PM
link   
oh man, if taurine was bull semen, well, I would have ingested like..... 1 litre of bull semen every 3 days for the past year, thats so much bull semem, almost enough bull semen to make me stop drinking the mass amounts of energy drinks I have every week, but only almost.

posted on May, 29 2007 @ 04:01 AM
link   
If this was true it'd never get past the food & drink regulators.

Some people are just so gullible.

posted on May, 29 2007 @ 06:13 AM
link   
Why just stop at the bull semen? Just go get yourself a big ol' plate of
Rocky Mountain Oysters
Yum Yum :p

Yep I have had em and I like em.

posted on May, 29 2007 @ 09:06 AM
link   
Hey, did you know that women that need hormone replacement therapy are taking a product derived from horse urine. I believe the early birth control pills were also made this way.

There's lots of good products that come from gross places, but I'd never heard that about bull semen. I think that one's bull.

EDIT:

taurine - a colorless crystalline substance obtained from the bile of mammals. A colorless crystalline substance, C2H7NO3S, formed by the hydrolysis of taurocholic acid.
www.tfd.com...

I'm not sure which is worse, semen or bile.

[edit on 29/5/2007 by anxietydisorder]

posted on May, 29 2007 @ 03:06 PM
link   
i HAVE heard that rumor. maybe thats how they got the name red BULL hahaha damn pshkwamy thats a lot of energy drinks how can u handle it? it makes u realy dehydrated and crash!

posted on May, 29 2007 @ 04:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by whatukno
Why just stop at the bull semen? Just go get yourself a big ol' plate of
Rocky Mountain Oysters
Yum Yum :p

Yep I have had em and I like em.

Really? they actually taste good... i dunno if i could bring myself to eat those!

Anyway, bull semen is probably a hot commodody, so im sure its pretty expensive to get. And whats with this rumor of professional athletes making testicle stew to make their hormone levels go up and give them energy, u guys hear about that one?

posted on May, 29 2007 @ 05:14 PM
link   
Taurine was discovered way back in the day in bull bile first. But it's found in most plants and fungi, not to the degree as found in mammalian animals. Taurine can be found mostly in the liver and the intestines. However it's not used for any human consuming industry in it's non sysnthesised form. Kills all of your companies vegan, and vegetarian demographics. so all of the stuff is synthesised. Factories make taurine out of Cysteine,methionine, and vitamin E.

It is found though in bull semen, and urine, and bile, and liver, etc...

posted on May, 29 2007 @ 05:28 PM
link   
Taurine is 2-aminoethanesulfonic acid. While essentially all of the amino acids, hormones, vitamins, etc. were first isolated from animal or vegetable sources, it's almost always far cheaper and more efficient to synthesize them than to bother extracting them from the biological substrate. So, you don't have to worry about turning into a bestial gay if you take taurine.

Occam

posted on May, 29 2007 @ 07:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheBadge
damn pshkwamy thats a lot of energy drinks how can u handle it? it makes u realy dehydrated and crash!

I handle it by drinking so much, I can pretty much handle any amount of caffiene short of a lethal dose, I have to drink so much because for one, im addicted to no end, and for two, I stay up to late, wake up early, and do a lot of stuff during the day, like school and swimming, though it almost killed me once... heh.

posted on May, 29 2007 @ 08:38 PM
link   
damn thats crazy!! what about natural energy like orange juice or something? haha

posted on May, 30 2007 @ 12:34 AM
link   
wow... just goes to show how strange some of the things we consume are

learned a lot from this thread

compared to some of the information on this thread.. maybe bull semen isnt so bad

top topics

join