It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UK, land of cameras

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 28 2007 @ 04:03 PM
link   
What the hell is going on in the Uk, were a stable nation, we have a low crime rate compared to many countries but the place is full of cameras and more planned.

Should not these cameras be pointing outwards at our potential enemies rather than at the law abiding population. Traffic offences other than drink driving are classed as petty offences, all the sv cameras dont stop bank raids , armed robberies, child kidnapping so what the hell are they for, to watch us, our every move, soon to be congestion charges with chips in our cars how soon before there in our heads.

Of course the do gooders will say oh its for your own protection, to make the place safer, well the place is not unsafe, no terrorists attacks like we had with the IRA. Even the worst despot nation does not have this kind of surveillance so again whats it all for.

The yoking of the people, when are we the people going to do something about this, are we just lazy and complacent, quite happy for our liberty and freedom to be denuded?

posted on May, 28 2007 @ 04:10 PM
link   
After letting my imagination off it's leash for a run-around, I'm starting to cynically wonder when the plan for the 'Pay-To-walk' scheme will be introduced.

Much as the same way that number-plate recognition software is now being used to log and bill for journeys through congestion zones such as London, the new face-recognition software could be applied to pedestrian traffic

posted on May, 28 2007 @ 04:14 PM
link   
Personally, I'll be quite pleased when Louisiana gets the "red light"
cameras.

I'm getting so sick of having a green light, and someone just zooms
through the intersection.

This isn't unsafe, you claim ?

Try getting t-boned by one of these uncaring law-breakers.

Having the reality of having to actually pay for breaking the law seems
to me, to be a good thing.

Just my 2 cent,
Lex

posted on May, 28 2007 @ 06:59 PM
link   
I can't help wondering if all the cameras are for something other than what we're told they're for. Something just doesn't add up. I'm not a totally paranoid person but I'm getting a strong gut feeling regarding this subject.

posted on May, 28 2007 @ 07:11 PM
link   
The talking cameras concern me.. they are quite literally something out of 1984, and if i remember correctly they are going to use childrens voices on them soon, which is a form of psychological warfare no less.

No one ever seems to ask why Britain is the leading nation when it comes to monitoring its own citizens.

The DNA database is also another concern..

Olympics here in 2012..

Anyone starting to see the connections yet?..

posted on May, 30 2007 @ 10:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by shrunkensimon
The talking cameras concern me.. they are quite literally something out of 1984, and if i remember correctly they are going to use childrens voices on them soon, which is a form of psychological warfare no less.

No one ever seems to ask why Britain is the leading nation when it comes to monitoring its own citizens.

The DNA database is also another concern..

Olympics here in 2012..

Anyone starting to see the connections yet?..

No, please enlighten me, oh wise one

posted on May, 30 2007 @ 07:49 PM
link   
fox news said tonight, an average brit, gets on a camera at least 300 times a day! I wonder what good does this do for the british government? Who is monitering these cameras anyway? is it a local group of law enforcement that moniters them ,or the big dogs up top?

posted on May, 30 2007 @ 08:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by ChilledVoodoo
fox news said tonight, an average brit, gets on a camera at least 300 times a day! I wonder what good does this do for the british government? Who is monitering these cameras anyway? is it a local group of law enforcement that moniters them ,or the big dogs up top?

I've lost count of the amount of times I've had to explain this, but I'll do it again....>sigh<

90+% of camera's are PRIVATELY owned by business. No one "monitor's them", they just record images in case a crime should be committed.

Of those that are owned by local government, they only occupy town centre's and have one or two chaps just sitting there watching a bank of screens. If someone is getting the crap kicked out of them in an alley, or if there are shoplifters doing the rounds, they can be reported to Police.

It's not like we have thousands of Government workers sitting there monitoring us all day... Jeebus...

It's not different than the CCTV you get in the states. You know, in the mall or in the gas station. Your caught on camera everywhere, even if you don't realise it. I would be heavily surprised if many businesses DIDN'T have CCTV to protect them. Were do you think the pictures of your "Most Wanted" come from? Or those pictures on "Police, Camera, Action" when they pull over people for traffic offences...

It's all the same CCTV we have here.

You do know that, don't you?

We might get caught on camera 300 times a day, but I'd bet a good wedge of cash your not far behind.

posted on May, 31 2007 @ 06:47 PM
link   
Thanks for the info. I never knew that it is mostly local buisnesses that watch the people there in Britan. You are right the americans are not far behind. Even at my job, i look up into the rafters to see if my boss has installed cameras to watch all of us " working ants" . If i had cameras around me all day i wouldn't really care, but i am always parinoid about people thinking i am up to no good, and watching me. Just the other day i had a guy at a supermarket following me around thinking i was going to steal something. I knew he was following me around the store so i kind of messed with him a little like going up to him and asking him were i could find stupid stuff. I really hate to be monitered when i am doing good and they are thinking i am really doing bad.

top topics

join