Help ATS with a contribution via PayPal:
learn more

hidden symbols and messages in hip-hop (video)

page: 1

join

posted on May, 28 2007 @ 03:44 PM
link   
www.youtube.com...

I'm already anticipating some sarcasm, and humor - and I can laugh with you about it all, however this video actually points out some decent things, although without context, it could be shrugged off as far-fetched.

A good number of rappers, especially from the east coast, are also part of a very small group that branched off of the Nation of Islam, called the Nation of Gods and Earths (I'm wondering if there have been any posts on this yet). Also known as the 5% Nation, or 5%ers.

Given the teachings from NGE, which are extremely enlightening - and dealing with everything from numerology, world religions (aka son=sun), sacred math, population control, etc. - given all of these lessons within what could be considered the secret religion of hip-hop, this video seems to shine light on something else in the world of hip-hop outside of the lyrics and cover art.

posted on May, 29 2007 @ 02:50 PM
link   
I touched a little on this with my thread Secret Societies and Music. I do think that some rappers are just puppets. I could not listen to the video cause I'm at work right now but as soon as i get home i will give it a gander.

posted on May, 30 2007 @ 06:37 AM
link   
I think a lot of what he is saying is a little far fetched. However with the influence of 5% and masons in hip-hop I'm pretty sure some symbolism will show up in the music. He made some valid points about charkra's a enlightenment but the connection with jay-z and nas is very far fetched. Could be possible you never know both of theses kats are somewhat spritual. I bought kingdom come and i think a very deep song on the album is beach chair.

posted on May, 30 2007 @ 02:00 PM
link   
The sun moves? and stops moving for 3 days?

I think this guy's reachin'... and a bit of ramblin'

I think he's way out of left field on chakras. Sorry, I don't "follow what he's sayin'..."

posted on May, 30 2007 @ 02:06 PM
link   
obviously he makes some stretches, however the whole nas/jay-z thing was interesting.

not sure exactly how the chakras and etc. fit into the convo.

posted on May, 30 2007 @ 02:13 PM
link   
nas and jay-z didnt get together in fact nas and jay z have a longstanding beef with each other rakim is a rapper who is muslim and i question some of his lyrics how he said "who knew jesus would come back and come from the ghetto"....just thought ide put my 2 cents in

posted on May, 30 2007 @ 11:47 PM
link   
Actually Nas is now signed under Jay-Z.
However this does not make sense cause if anything
Kanye West is trying to show people he is like Jesus.

posted on May, 31 2007 @ 02:08 PM
link   
hip-hop beef is about as real as wwf beef. or whatever they call it now -wcw.

posted on May, 31 2007 @ 05:44 PM
link   
The guy made some pretty cool connections between the two artists, but I totally got lost when he started talking about chakras and Christ consciousness. What does this have to do with anything he mentioned?

BTW scientist, cool avatar. Sound Scientists are awesome!

[edit on 31-5-2007 by Striker122]

posted on Jun, 1 2007 @ 04:18 PM
link   
ya, i think the chakras and christ consciousness parts were just added as filler, or to tie into something else not on the video.

either way, not exactly a breakdown of the emerald tablets, but still quite interesting.

p.s. thanks

posted on Jun, 2 2007 @ 07:55 PM
link   
hmm never heard of this before..none the less quite interesting!

posted on Jun, 21 2007 @ 04:11 PM
link   
I agree Hip Hop is dead,but this guy is slightly overblowing stuff imo.
I think the Rap scene is full of puppets and most are unwillingly selling out there roots and culture,just to be "bad boys" for a dollar.
Theres probably some white guy pulling the strings,rubbing his hands together with glee as more people fall victim to negative stereotypes.Giving more control to the powers that be.

Immortal technique is the only rapper I believe in these days.

posted on Jun, 21 2007 @ 06:16 PM
link   
The guy made some valid points. I will say this, Nas, has sang about some pretty deep stuff since he came to the forefront in the 90s. I suspect that he has been trying to change some minds through his lyrics.

I think he's way out of left field on chakras. Sorry, I don't "follow what he's sayin'..."

Quite simple actually. He was stating that those that are still in their base chakra are essentially in "hell." Those who cannot surpass materiality are in "hell." They have no hope or vision for their own future.

posted on Sep, 8 2008 @ 03:08 AM
link   
Check out this post I made on gangs: www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread379487/pg1' . 5% is actually an offset of the Moorish Science Temple which is an islamic/masonic hybrid thought system. Indeed the first level of secret societies operates in every sphere of culture, look at street gangs. Whether or not they all answer to a regulating supreme society or something is open to debate. I honestly could not say. It is interesting to note though most 5%'ers I know are quite anti-masonic. Some 5%'ers however are arguably Masonic, check this out : www.youtube.com/watch?v=iX-xVN0xERk Nas being a known 5%er as far as I know. I don't belong to any of these organizations so I couldn't say for sure(I talk to everyone and have two ears and one mouth, I listen twice as much as I speak) I can say that there has to be a reason stupid songs like "lollipop" by weezy(I hate that song and that weezy) get played on every station every 15 minutes. Whether the record company gives stations payola or something more sinister is happening hard to say though.

posted on Sep, 8 2008 @ 03:15 AM
link   
By the way the youtube video is no longer available. Any one else notice how once you post certain links on ats they are removed? Maybe i'm being paranoid, but as they say that doesn't mean they're not watching me

new topics

top topics

join