It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

80-Pound Lizard Escapes After Being Shot, Frightens Florida Neighborhood

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 28 2007 @ 02:31 PM
link   

80-Pound Lizard Escapes After Being Shot, Frightens Florida Neighborhood

www.foxnews.com

CASSELBERRY, Fla. — Police say they're sure they shot a four-foot-long, 80-pound monitor lizard that had been lurking in an Orlando suburb for months. Still, neighbors aren't ready to let their children or pets back outside until they see a carcass.

The lizard didn't bite anyone, but police officers were authorized to kill it because of the potential danger it posed to small children and animals.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 28 2007 @ 02:31 PM
link   
Could this be a cover-up story to hide the super secret war with invading reptilian aliens?

www.foxnews.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 29 2007 @ 02:40 AM
link   
I gotta say this a case of the police having more guns then brains any wildlife is injured will always more dangerous when it is injured. I grew up in Australia where the lizards are known as Goannas and I have never heard of people shooting them. :shk::shk:

Some goannas recover from their initial fear of humans, especially when food is involved (or food has been involved previously). This reinforces the wildlife authority's mantra of not feeding animals while camping or erstwhile adventuring. This said, most authorities doubt that a goanna will actually direct an intentional attack on human unless said human attempts to attack it (or grasp at it) first.

source

Unless you feed it the lizard would be like most creatures afraid of humans. :shk::shk:

[edit on 29-5-2007 by xpert11]

new topics

join