It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Positive Conspiracy

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 28 2007 @ 02:16 PM
link   
Why do I never here of speculation of possible positive conspiracies, of secret agendas for the benefit of mankind, of plots to do good?

Is it because good news isnt entertaining enough to people? Or because then they couldnt maintain their fearful and blameful "I am a victim of conspiracy" attitude?

Dont get me wrong, I love looking behind the curtain and revealing what was secret and strange. But hysterical fear mongering of some "theorists" is something that might might just be unhealthy. If there were really some "grand evil conspiracy" then the first thing they would want is for you to live in fear, to fear them. If you wouldnt fear them, they couldnt control you properly.

I open this thread with the following questions for brainstorming and discussion:

1. What are some possible positive secrets, hidden plots and conspiracies that benefit or were supposed to benefit humankind?

2. Is it possible that some organisations publish books against themselves to make them seem more important than they are? (I once read a small article in a respectable newsstand magazine about the CIA publishing a book against itself as some sort of "social experiment").

3. Is it not more probable that we have many competing streams, groups and societies rather than one vast and grand "conspiracy" working in unison?

4. Is it not true that at least 80% of the entire world has always been at peace up to this day and that news media, conspiracy theorists and religious fanatics make it look as if most of the world is evil by focussing on the 20% (or most of the time much less) that is in trouble? I know of myself that I have never considered conducted evil deeds or plots or murder and have never met a murder and everywhere I travel in the world I see a lot of beauty...so why should I assume that this world is largely evil?

Thats it. Enjoy the discussion.

posted on May, 28 2007 @ 03:05 PM
link   
Maybe because it wouldn't be a conspiracy then, would it?
The people who plan it would then be boasting about how well they had done there job...

On the other hand, I'm starting to think about another reason for the NWO: How about they aren't planning it for their personal profit, but are seriously TRYING to save our planet on time; the question would be: on time for what?
What are they trying to sort out on time?
Why the CCTV? Why the Europewide 'cigarette bans'? Why the passports with fingerprints AND facescans? (If you are planning to become a terrorist and have a passport, you won't have to worry about faking it. So who or what are they trying to stop?...)

If you find good answers to those questions then you MIGHT find a 'positive conspiracy'!
You MIGHT!

Sammy

posted on May, 28 2007 @ 04:40 PM
link   
trying to save the planet? not so much it is a constant pleasent thought that stopped pulling me in years ago to WANT to believe the politicians and powerful leaders really had a secret good agenda behind what they do. THEY DON"T

but i understand the OP message of all the negativity that seems to be focused on this board. i think it is important to mix a balance of "good" such as focus on the positive aspects of what can be done, as well as being aware of the more negative or sinister happenings. i think the biggest positive conspiracy's are often done in by the negative conspiracy's i.e the conspiracy to surpress alternative forms of energy, or cures and alternate "natural" treatments which can't be patented and exclusively owned so they are surpressed by big pharma money intrests who will fight for there chunk of the market share.

i also don't think many people can handle the truth. also many people just are not that smart. i think the truth would cause 2 much pain

[edit on 28-5-2007 by cpdaman]

posted on May, 29 2007 @ 06:53 AM
link   
Well, let me speak more frankly:

Ive come to believe that there are secret societies that conspire to do good but have to do it in secret because peoples intelligence levels are not ready for the good life yet and theyd get ripped apart by political and religious fanatics, left and right wingers alike.

When something is secret you cant attack it because you dont know about it let alone what to attack or contradict.

posted on May, 29 2007 @ 01:01 PM
link   
ok @ Skyfloating.
Nice theory: any examples or theories?

Sammy
p.s. hallo nach Deutschland! (hello to Germany!)

posted on May, 29 2007 @ 02:00 PM
link   
I just don't know. I don't get how someone would keep it secret because 'we aren't ready for it'. I can, however, see how maybe the elites would want to have a one world gov and that sort of thing in a positive way, without seeing how it destroys freedoms. But I still believe there is more wrong doing at this level than right doing, and they are all out for their own benefit

posted on May, 29 2007 @ 02:41 PM
link   
I grow weary of those out there in their "secret societies" who keep
telling us that "we can't handle the truth."

We're not spiritual enough. We're not intellectual enough.

I would venture nine out of ten of these secret societies aren't out to do
us any good. In fact, I'll bet that they're up to "no good".
Isn't it about control? Think about it. The Golden Rule. He who has the
gold . . . .rules. (Pssst, so let's keep this quiet.)

posted on May, 29 2007 @ 03:17 PM
link   
Sammy: You ask me if I have examples. The reason I opened this thread is because I dont have conclusive examples...yet.

Why do I propose this theory? Because founding a secret soctiety or organisation fighting for the good is something I would enjoy myself. And me being human and all humans being somewhat similar I can deduct that there are other humans who would enjoy the same thing...and who have indeed thought up the same thing already a long time ago. Any flaws in logic there? I dont think so. I believe there are evil conspiracies. But where there are evil ones, it is highly probable that there are also good ones.

Mushroom & Siege: Ive grown weary of the working-class-mentality that holds that "anyone who is rich or in a position of power/authority is corrupted or evil". I know a few rich and powerful people who are nice guys, just like you and me.

When I see someone rich and powerful my first assumption is not "he is a child raping, corpse eating reptilian" but "he's done a lot of work".
In short, while I acknowledge evil, the conspiracy theorist seems to be looking for nothing BUT evil. This is a heavy bias.

In the course of time I WILL find examples of positive conspiracies. Strange though how, at current, theres a lack of any info on it. But even you would admit that ONE out of ten must be up to some good.

Also: What if the so called NWO is an attempt to harmonously invite a world that has been fragmented, split and set up against each other? NWO does not HAVE TO mean orwellian total-control. It does not HAVE TO mean that everyone will be the same ("diversity within the unity"). These are fears we (rightly) have from facism and communism. But it doesnt HAVE TO look anything like those old systems.

posted on May, 29 2007 @ 04:45 PM
link   
I don't believe I said that rich people or those in positions of authority are
corrupted or evil. We were talking about secret societies.
I mentioned gold only to show an underlining reason to keep the secret
society, - "secret". Control.
If we're to have a "good" secret society, please explain again the reason
for keeping it secret. Good cause, good people, good ethics, so why keep
it a secret? Don't you think somewhere down the road that this "good"
secret society will have to break some rules or laws or lie to keep them-
selves from being compromised? And when they do, will you still consider
them "good"? It's control.

Also, that "working-class-mentality" is BS. Most of our thinking is based
on experience. Experience with past exposures, experience with like
situations, experiences with different people, experiences with life already
lived.

posted on May, 30 2007 @ 10:32 AM
link   
Siege: Yes, alright. Its true that control is one reason to keep something secret. But (judging from experience) there are other reasons to keep things secret too:

* When I was a teen, I kept magazines with nude women on them secret from my parents, although I found them to be really good.
* When operating in business, I keep my private life to myself because it would be out-of-context or even hurtful to my image if I share my private ongoings with customers.
* When coming home to my honey I keep some things that happened in business from her as not to unneccessarily upset her.
* When I want to surprise someone (to the positive) I keep something absolutely secret until the moment of surprise.
* My parents kept Christmas gifts secret until that special day. Why? Because discovering what was hidden is so much fun. Are my parents evil conspirators for keeping something hidden? A child may sometimes think so.

So, there are plenty of reasons to keep something to oneself and they are not ALL motivated by evil.

As for secret societies: After some more in-depth-research you MIGHT find that what they keep secret is the fact how boring and mediocre they are and how little power they have in the 21st Century.

posted on May, 30 2007 @ 01:05 PM
link   
Skyfloating : ( love that name by the way, it reminds me of Tom Petty's
"Free Falling" lyrics.)

Your last post was great. Made me do some thinking. However, I believe
that personal secrets cannot be compared to secret societies.

Ever notice how hard it is to come up with the truth sometimes? I find
alot of the truth is shrouded in secrecy. In our searches for the truth,
we ask ourselves "why is this being kept from the public?"

Deep down, I really would like the existence of a "good" secret society.

posted on May, 30 2007 @ 03:00 PM
link   
Love the mood of the free falling lyrics.

At a younger age I explored a lot of conspiracy theory. Since I wanted to know what the deal is, I joined a secret society that was regularly accused of conspiracy. I climbed the ranks of that society, and then I left that society...because what I found there was boredom. Attending the meetings I often found myself yawning and getting sleepy. It was neither evil nor good, it was simply dull and meaningless. I will not disclose the group I was member of here because I dont want to hurt the feelings of those who thought they were initiating me into arcane secrets. This of course, does not mean that there are no really interesting secret societies. But ever since that experience I know for sure that THIS specific secret society is not what conspiracy-books say it is. I even arrived at the stage were I would have desired something sinister to happen. But apart from chubby and balding men drinking beer and pretending to be part of something special, nothing happened.

Now I wouldnt mind someone posting here reporting a spiritually constructive secret society that is secretely battling the evil secret societies. Cmon already.

posted on Jun, 3 2007 @ 03:42 PM
link   
I am certain that their are do-gooders that have counter conspiracies. i.e, they have plans to prevent evil conspiracies from taking effect. I am certain of that.

Some people believe in the Men In Black, except they think they don't wear black.

posted on Jun, 3 2007 @ 04:34 PM
link   
I like the word "counter-conspiracy". I also strongly sense secret do-gooders, but I lack evidence of such happenings. Men in Black? I dont know. Some people speculate that there are monks in some distant himalayan monastery consistently focussing prayer in order to counter-balance dark powers.

posted on Oct, 27 2007 @ 01:52 PM
link   
The world is now mostly monotheist.

Jews are waiting for the Machiah (single or dual), Christians for the cosmic Christ, Muslims for the Madhi (chi'ites specially).

Judaïsm and Islam are mostly ethics on their more exoterical aspects. The prime goal is to elevate mankind from animality (murder and adultery) to spirituality : stepping from warlike nature to worldly peace. Kabbala-like and Soufi-like "esotericism", while highly controversial within their respective orthodoxies, tends to elevate the person who already respect exoterical laws.

Judaism strictly speaking never evoke the question of afterlife but as "sheol", which is far from any heavenly place.

Oppositely, Christ specially celebrate natural death as the door to Eternity depending of the deeds (or not : see gnostic gospels or even some "catholically correct" verses as "There is many rooms in the House of the Father"). The return of Christ according to himself will be a worldwide cataclysm.

The question is : a civilisation whose technology would be able to make humans immortal wouldn't be a mass soul trap ?

posted on Oct, 27 2007 @ 02:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rigel

The question is : a civilisation whose technology would be able to make humans immortal wouldn't be a mass soul trap ?

Im surprised to have this ancient thread of mine revived. I tend to agree that that would be a soul trap. Interesting point.

posted on Oct, 27 2007 @ 07:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Skyfloating

Have you ever read "The Only Planet of Choice"?

I have numerous problems with this book but I have to admit that the message is an incredibly positive one - and that despite my misgivings it certainly impacted up on me in a positive way. Everyone that I know who has read it, seems to have felt that whatever it represents it does have a effect on your wider outlook.

I am not sure it is a conspiracy, but I do not think (gut instinct) that it is all that it claims to be and I find the comparisons with Billy Meier (not sure of spelling) a little too co-incidental. They are so alike but they don't acknowledge each other?? I have a suspicious nature admittedly but that sort of thing always tweaks my antenna.

And yet, whatever, the message is positive............

posted on Oct, 28 2007 @ 05:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by KilgoreTrout

Have you ever read "The Only Planet of Choice"?

No I havent. But upon your recommendation I spent some time at amazon/amazin/a-mason and have to say Im in tune with that kind of new-age-propaganda

I have numerous problems with this book but I have to admit that the message is an incredibly positive one - and that despite my misgivings it certainly impacted up on me in a positive way. Everyone that I know who has read it, seems to have felt that whatever it represents it does have a effect on your wider outlook.

I can see the problems you have with the book too. But you are not going to throw away the jewel with the dirt. I might just purchase it.

posted on Oct, 28 2007 @ 11:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by Skyfloating

I can see the problems you have with the book too. But you are not going to throw away the jewel with the dirt. I might just purchase it.

I recommend that you do, it is worth reading. My problems with it are less obvious than you might suspect and have more to do with the passivity of parts of the 'message'...and a few other nuances.

You'll make up your own mind though.

Let me know what you think.

Best wishes

top topics

join