It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pope in about-face over Muslim dialogue office

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 28 2007 @ 11:09 AM
link   

Pope in about-face over Muslim dialogue office

news.yahoo.com

VATICAN CITY (Reuters) - In an unexpected about-face, Pope Benedict will restore power and prestige to the Vatican department that oversees dialogue with Islam a year after he controversially downgraded it.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
Speech From Pope Outrages Muslim Leaders
Is the Pope right for speaking up about Islam as no one else has...
Over 1 Billion Muslims and Growing

posted on May, 28 2007 @ 11:09 AM
link   
The Pope's views on Islam have been called controversial, and even provocative, yet the world and even the Catholic Church must accept the fact that Islam is a religion that hundreds of millions round the world belong to.

Because there are connections between radical Islamic terrorists organizations, and the faith of Islam, does that mean that Islam as a whole is bad, evil, etc ?

Dialog between Christian and Islamic faiths should be a priority, and with "dialogue" could come understanding, acceptance, and perhaps peaceful coexistence?

Interesting development, and news report. Click the link for more.

news.yahoo.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 28 2007 @ 12:18 PM
link   
This is indeed interesting.
I do think it is a good idea for the main spiritual leaders to have dialog with each other. So maby this will be a good thing. If any one would like to read about one thing that might have been prevented in the past here is another thread to look at.

posted on May, 28 2007 @ 12:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by RedGolem
If any one would like to read about one thing that might have been prevented in the past here...

If you'll look again at the original post you will see that I already linked to that discussion.

I fear a world where all of Islam is demonized because of, and by the actions of radicals and terrorism.

If the divisions between cultures and faiths continue on this path, one day intolerance, and indeed ignorance could bring mankind into a war that no one can win, a battle only a higher power can proclaim a victor.

I believe there is both good and bad in all faiths, to deny this is to deny the nature of all human beings. To think one's faith is greater than another's is foolish, to believe in things that cannot be proven to exist can be seen as a form of insanity in itself. But then again, who are we to judge anyone based on what they believe?

Does the Pope have any more power over mankind than the top Islamic leaders of the world?

Ultimately, only time and potential conflicts will tell.

[edit on 28-5-2007 by UM_Gazz]

posted on May, 28 2007 @ 12:46 PM
link   
Gazz,
To quote a famous TV personality, Douh!
Sorry I missed that link.
The intolerance that sometimes seems to go hand in hand with organized religion I do think is a very bad thing. As much as I would like to peace and all religions accepted I fear I wont live to see that happen.

top topics

join