It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ghosts of route 66?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 28 2007 @ 08:58 AM
link   
i live in southern california on a USMC base out here in 29 palms, ca.

to get to ol route 66 all you gotta do is head out the front gate of base hang a left after 3-4 miles and turn onto amboy road.

this road takes you to the ghost town of amboy (that was recently sold on ebay. lol.) amboy is home to some famous route 66 sights such as roy's diner (many movie scences have been shot here including the old tv series the hitcher) and the roadrunner cafe.

the portion of the road that is known as "historic route 66" is now known as national trails highway out here and is kinda a main route to nevada and ari from southern cali. its one of the only roads in the area that goes to the 40. anyways,

last year coming back from vegas me and a buddy of mine saw an apperition on the highway. it appeared about 20 feet in our headlights. it was a female about 5 foot something (fiveish prob) wearing jean shorts a flannel shirt and had long brown hair. it was the wierest thing. she appeared in our headlights on the shoulder of the road about 20 feet from us. i instantly notcied she wasnt wearing shoes. and at the time i just stared at her feet wondering why a female was out in the middle of no where in the california desert with no shoes on. right as we passed her i looked up to see that where her face was was nothing than a barren hole. there were no features nothing. lol. she had no face. and she was waving her right arm at us in a fist. kinda a yelling gesture. if she had a face i swear she was yelling at the car!

its a desert road and no cops were out there so we drove fast as hell back to the little town of 29 palms, were i swore i never would travel that road at night again. i since have because vegas calls to me (lol) but have never seen her again. ihave looked all over the intet and cannot find anything about this lady or even any route 66 ghosts in my neck of the woods. there are some haunted areas out here that i know of. one is the kellbaker train station. also there are alot of old mining ghost towns out here i have tried to look into paranormal history of. according to reports and kinda legends around here the mafia would come from vegas and bury alot of people in the desert around a place called the devil's cellar out here.

to sum it up, anyone heard of any ghost stories on so cal's portion of route 66. or any desert community/ghost town paranormal activity i can go check out? i know its a shot in the dark but it is worth it.

alsoo feel free to leave your route 66 ghost stories!

posted on May, 28 2007 @ 01:50 PM
link   
creepy...im glad i live in nY there arent that much ghost around here well not atleast in this part

posted on May, 28 2007 @ 06:02 PM
link   
If you are looking for sights to search for that you can try the shadowlands.

theshadowlands.net...

I didn't see anything for route 66 but there was a ton more stuff. That ghost you saw sounds creepy and I'd probably have hauled out of there too. There is a book about ghosts of route 66 but I don't know how much it is.

posted on May, 28 2007 @ 06:34 PM
link   
Ohh i love hearing about this, And i had a friend who once went there while doing a world tour and he also experienced a event like yours,

He was driving along and saw a man walking across the road, they slowed down to see if he was ok, but 2nd look the man was gone,

There are many storys of such events happeing on route 66,

The Spirits that loom there are not just confined to the Road but also local resterants, many have reported people sitting there then in a flash are then gone,

Some history

www.theroadwanderer.net...

posted on May, 28 2007 @ 06:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by neumbows
i looked up to see that where her face was was nothing than a barren hole. there were no features nothing.

Sounds exactly like the ghost up in the Chicago area .. the one of the hitchhicking girl in the white dress. She died going to the prom or something ... I can't remember. When people see her she has no face and is walking on the side of the road in her white prom dress.

top topics

join