It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Australian pub bars heterosexuals

page: 8
<< 5  6  7   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 31 2007 @ 10:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by stumason
I would imagine for any other reason bar your sex, race, or sexual orientation. For example, being pissed as a fart, fighting, harassing other patrons. That sort of thing. Same thing here in the UK. Pubs are Public Houses (hence the name) and everyone can go in, but how long you stay in there is dependent on how you conduct yourself.

Exactly - you can keep people out for just about any reason you want, excluding those protected by civil rights laws - generally gender, race, religion & sexual orientation.

posted on May, 31 2007 @ 11:27 AM
link   
Ohh riiiight, they must be using that new gay test or checking that people have their gay cards. Maybe there is a gay voice test or an appearance test too (crossed legs, leather pants, limp wrists etc) Sorry for stereotyping, but stereotypes must have to be enforced at that place
. This is really stupid. Who would want to go to a place filled with intolerant !@%* anyway? Are heterosexual women not alowed too?, this is sexist anyway.

Basically, if you are acting like an ass, you can be kicked out anyway, so why does this need to be passed? This is flat out discrimination. Imagine if homosexuals were banned from somewhere just because heterosexuals felt uncomfortable around them?

[edit on 31-5-2007 by Xeros]

posted on May, 31 2007 @ 12:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xeros
Imagine if homosexuals were banned from somewhere just because heterosexuals felt uncomfortable around them?

[edit on 31-5-2007 by Xeros]

I agree with most of your post but would like to comment on this. Look into the Boyscouts of America.

posted on May, 31 2007 @ 02:12 PM
link   
Good

Now the Heterosexual bars can ban homosexuals. Its the only way to be truly fair.

I wonder if they will have to show their National Gay ID car to get in

posted on Jun, 5 2007 @ 09:34 PM
link   
I'm just curious:

Why is it that people are outraged that a bar (I guess might?) be gay-only...

But Curves (a work-out place) is women only...

but that's okay???

This bar is gay-only, and that's unacceptable...

But all bars (at least in my state) are non-smoking, and that's acceptable??

If we're going to allow women to have their own work-out place, and non-smokers to rule the bars (in MA), then why not let gays have their own bar? What difference does it make?!

posted on Jun, 6 2007 @ 01:00 AM
link   
Just more pandering to minorities... it is rife in Australia at the moment.

'Oh, you can't say Merry Christmas, it offends Muslims, say Happy Holidays instead'

'Oh white man, you burnt down a commission house? Go to jail. Oh Aboriginal, you burnt down a commission house? Here, have a new one' (Not stereotyping, i have seen it happen many times)

Now this.

I'd love to see what happened if somewhere wanted to ban gays. It would be an outrage, and it would make for a worldwide hate storm directed at the person who suggested it.

But, oh, it is the other way around, we can't offend the minority or we will look bad... just give them whatever they want.

This country has gone to the dogs.

posted on Jun, 6 2007 @ 05:41 AM
link   
I asked my gay friend about this and he reckons he would never go to a gay only bar.You wanna know why,it'll kill ya.No chicks!Yip thats right this dude loves talking to chicks,they talk about(and check out)guys and get all giggly and then dance their asses off.Ive hit the town a few times with this dude and hot chicks flock to him(he seems to know most of them?)which makes it ridiculously easy to score.So the moral of the story is if your straight and want to get laid get a gay friend.

posted on Jun, 6 2007 @ 05:47 AM
link   
You wanna know whats even more ironic?I consider myself a homophobe.Not in a violent "I'm going to kick your head in" kind of way,but more of a disgusted abhorrent way.God im confused.....

posted on Jun, 6 2007 @ 01:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Deus_Brandon

Anyways ... This does have a point to it ... HOW DO THEY KNOW IF SOMEONE IS GAY OR NOT ???????????????

This one is a no brainer. Lets look at an interesting technique in reverse situation.

From the movie Talladega Nights - Legend of Ricky Bobby.

Ricky Bobby: Nobody plays Jazz here at the Pit Stop.

Jean Gerard (gay driver): So why is the song in the JukeBox?

Patron: We keep it on there for profiling purposes. We also got the Pet Shop Boys and Seal.

posted on Jun, 8 2007 @ 05:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by jamesbonduk007
thats unreal they protest for years about being treated equal etc then they start there own little hate gang...they should do a tour of russia right now they would be welcomed there..right said fred....lol

What?
Do you have any idea how much homophobia still is around in the world?
If they have a history of problems with heterosexual people coming into the pub to bully and ridicule the homosexuals there, then it's only fair they stopped allowing heterosexuals right?

Calling them a hate gang for just wanting to have a place they can go to without being harassed makes you appear rather silly.

posted on Jun, 9 2007 @ 08:59 AM
link   
Ok
this has been bugging me and I had to come back to it.

Firstly, the legislation supposedly enacted setting precedence is disinfo.

The Peel Hotel were granted an exemption of a law.

It is not the first time an exemption has been granted.

Secondly, the issue the Peel Hotel faced were groups of people entering the premises and treating the Peel Hotel/Gays like a ZOO.

"lets go and watch some gays" etc.

The exemption gives the Hotel the right to discern who and who not to let in based on those reasons primarily to assure the safety of the patrons within the establishment

posted on Jun, 9 2007 @ 09:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by fooffstarr
Just more pandering to minorities... it is rife in Australia at the moment.

'Oh, you can't say Merry Christmas, it offends Muslims, say Happy Holidays instead'

'Oh white man, you burnt down a commission house? Go to jail. Oh Aboriginal, you burnt down a commission house? Here, have a new one' (Not stereotyping, i have seen it happen many times)

Now this.

this is DISINFO

You are generalising and being racist. Shame on you!!!
I don't care if you have seen it... I have seen it too. I have also seen the other side of the equation.

Please step outside of your little suburb and educate yourself on the bigger reality

Stop perpetuating racism and your stereotypical garbage.

[edit on 9-6-2007 by NJE777]

posted on Jun, 15 2007 @ 11:00 PM
link   
What would a straight person be doing in an area where mostly gays hang out anyway?

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7   >>

join