It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why keep asking?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 28 2007 @ 05:09 AM
link   
I must pose this question being that I am of sound mind and an intellectual person.

Many of us on this site have seen crafts in the sky that should not exist, do things that should not be possible, and leave with no trace of destination or origin.

We have picked through the 9-11 conspiracy 'theories', the JFK assasination, the moon landing and the far side of the moon.

We have been trained that 'learning' what is taught (and all that is taught is correct) to us for a passing or failing grade is the correct thing to do, because if you don't you will fail in society.

Why do we as a whole keep asking for proof when we all know what is true? Why must we convince people that will not accept what the people who realize what is truth are telling them?

I'm tired of trying to convince cavemen that fire is possible and is not hard to achieve. Must we wait for the less perceptive to gain knowledge of the world we live in?

We perpetuate this system, the sytem is not controlling us, we are submissive to its game.

[edit on 5/28/2007 by Spoodily]

posted on May, 28 2007 @ 10:42 AM
link   
your post reminds me of something. i quite recently watched a show on the jet age and its history and there was a part that stuck out a lot.

they finally got to the point that they could test fly the first jets reliably, so the decided to fly near some regular military prop planes. to be funny they put the test pilot in a gorilla mask, and top it off a hat and a cigar.

so, the pilots come across this plane flying with no propeller! huh? and not to mention it was being flown by a monkey with a hat!! what?!? the pilots report it and are sent to the psychiatrist where they promptly convince the guys they didnt see what they saw because those things dont exist.

so, you think, did these guys actually come to think it wasnt what they saw? did they still think in the back of their heads"i know what i saw. no one can tell me!"? it just makes you think if we should really listen to others telling us what to believe.

[edit on 5/28/2007 by homeskillet]

posted on Jun, 1 2007 @ 03:20 PM
link   
Nice post, Spoodily.

Your comments: 'Why do we as a whole keep asking for proof when we all know what is true? Why must we convince people that will not accept what the people who realize what is truth are telling them?'

In the respect of UFOs, strange things have been seen in the sky since time immemorial. They were more than likely revered by our earliest ancestors, who probably assumed they were capable of deciding what they were based on the facts they had at their disposal.
Our current knowledge of the UFO phenomena is based, by and large, on sixty odd years of witness reports and some scratchy photos. (Do the USA have downed saucers? Hmmm...)

Despite having no solid evidence, we still believe.

We don't have any truths, yet some have developed belief systems based on their own, self proclaimed truths. Scan the anonymous postings for examples; there are so many souls out there that profess intimate knowledge of the alien agenda. A lot of them solidly regard their stories to be true, and whilst a lot are delusional (in itsself a form of reality), how do we know one or several aren't telling the truth? How will the reality of alien intervention, or whatever is behind the lights in the sky, actualy manifest? As I've said in previous posts, we have no clue as to what 'offshore' cultures are like. They may be weirder than we can imagine.

We, as a race, need to believe in something...anything...it really doesn't matter what, as long as it gives us a sense of place. And there, maybe, is your answer. We're all looking for a place in this grand game; trying to find out how we fit into the puzzle (excuse the cliches, it's been a long day). When we find something that strikes a cord, clearly and powerfully, in our spirit, we want feel the need to share it. It's an inbuilt reaction, a part of our psyche that is as hardwired as fear and love.
That, I hope, might answer your second question, and be the reason why a lot of us scan the skies endlessly.

We just want to know.

posted on Jun, 1 2007 @ 03:23 PM
link   
*I* believe what I see with my own eyes.

However I will not believe anything anyone else says due to the many many people who say things just for effectand the many many nutters out there.

posted on Jun, 1 2007 @ 04:14 PM
link   
I feel the reason we need to educate those who resist knowing is like my name sake from Plato. The Allegory

The Allegory of the Cave
In the allegory, Plato likens people untutored in the Theory of Forms to prisoners chained in a cave, unable to turn their heads. All they can see is the wall of the cave. Behind them burns a fire. Between the fire and the prisoners there is a parapet, along which puppeteers can walk. The puppeteers, who are behind the prisoners, hold up puppets that cast shadows on the wall of the cave. The prisoners are unable to see these puppets, the real objects, that pass behind them. What the prisoners see and hear are shadows and echoes cast by objects that they do not see.
Such prisoners would mistake appearance for reality. They would think the things they see on the wall (the shadows) were real; they would know nothing of the real causes of the shadows.

Once the knowledge is observed, they can no longer not know. Even if the person denies it as truth, they still have the exposure to it. That just may be enough to start a new line of thought.

[edit on 1/6/07 by shadow watcher]

posted on Jun, 6 2007 @ 02:57 AM
link   
I guess that is why I love sites like this Spoodily. I don`t have to work as hard at convincing people. And in some cases not at all. Skeptics and debunkers do make me think out of the box at times though and can stimulate me onto further research.

posted on Jun, 6 2007 @ 07:15 PM
link   
I personally see insanity in the countless amount of money generated by religions to promote a far fetched idea.

Millions of dollars are put into building churches/temples/etc. to worship deities based purely on faith.

With so many different religions, why is this going on? It makes no sense.

I've never personally seen Jesus, but I have seen a craft that travelled by non-conventional means. If I started building structures and asking for donations to spread the word, I'd be considered a lunatic.

posted on Jun, 7 2007 @ 06:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Spoodily

I've never personally seen Jesus, but I have seen a craft that travelled by non-conventional means. If I started building structures and asking for donations to spread the word, I'd be considered a lunatic.

Maybe, but I'm damned sure you'd get an awfull lot of followers.

posted on Jun, 8 2007 @ 08:11 PM
link   
The word belief pertains to a leap of faith, to the unknowing. Belief in itself self-ridicules its subject matter.

For us to truly take leaps ahead regarding ET we must change our belief into knowledge.

Knowing is leading, believing is following

I know ET exists

~Kolo~

[edit on 8-6-2007 by kolo_heights]

posted on Jun, 8 2007 @ 09:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Spoodily

Why do we as a whole keep asking for proof when we all know what is true? Why must we convince people that will not accept what the people who realize what is truth are telling them?

Some people just need confirmation from the government or the people in charge. i don't really use this term but some refer to these people as "sheeple"

i think they have trouble making up their own minds so they let the government do it for them

We perpetuate this system, the sytem is not controlling us, we are submissive to its game.

Exactly

new topics

top topics

join