It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Memorial Day - My Thoughts

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 27 2007 @ 01:44 PM
link   
I'm sure that this is probably the wrong forum. Oh well, move it where you will.
I'm an American. I am a PROUD American. Goodness knows that this countries leadership at this time is suspect at best. America the beautiful. Yes darlin', America, you are beautiful. You welcome every nationality, every sexual preference, every religous beliefe without prejudice. We complain every day about our freedoms taken away. Look at the real picture. We have 300 million citizens. 300 million. There are several thousand who complain about whatever they feel will bring them their 15 minutes. Think about that. (got it Reverend Al, Jesse, and the late Falwell?)
Th USA has it's faults. God knows, the current leadership is not doing any justice to those that have dreamed, penned, and died for her.
America. I love you. I thank god every day that I live here. I can go to work every day, and come home to my family without having to worry about "showing papers - sieg heil".
I - as well as every American are unbelievably lucky.

I get on my knees, bowing to the beautiful American flag. I can sit and post on ATS complaining about the American government, as well as a plethora of other 'conspriacies' because brave men and women laid down their lives to let me AND YOU do so. Yes. Mothers and Fathers received a folded flag. A folded flag and a star. That's what they received to remember their fallen children. Children who died bravely for this beautiful dream called America. They died defending me and my family.
Memorial day.
God bless you all. I can't find words strong enough to thank you.

posted on May, 27 2007 @ 01:58 PM
link   
As a vet, I thank you Sir.

Is America perfect ? Hardly. But, it's my country.

Again, thank you lombozo.

Lex

posted on May, 27 2007 @ 03:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lexion
As a vet, I thank you Sir.

Is America perfect ? Hardly. But, it's my country.

Again, thank you lombozo.

Lex

You're a Vet. No Sir. I thank YOU.

posted on May, 29 2007 @ 08:36 AM
link   
Well, it's Tuesday. Back to the grind after a wonderful holiday weekend. As many of you know, I have a special needs child who is my universe. He's 4, and never ceases to amaze me. I had my beautiful American flag flying proudly in my backyard. I'm very patriotic, and try to instill this in my son. Out of the blue on Sunday morning he comes up to me and says "Come here Daddy, quick!" I thought something was wrong. We went out back and he brought tears to my eyes when he saluted the flag and said the Pledge Of Allegience. Actually we said it together, but it was his lead.

posted on May, 29 2007 @ 08:39 AM
link   
Excellent.... I too am trying to bring my daughter up to respect and honor this country and those who have died for us and those who will continue to defend.

To all Vets and all serving now, God Bless.

posted on May, 29 2007 @ 12:55 PM
link   
Sounds like you have a great kid lombozo! Maybe it's just my state, but I cannot for the life of me find our state flag in any stores, not even on memorial day, which is quite odd. While I am proud to be an American, if anyone asks me where I am from (even visiting overseas or not) I always say Kansan, and it gets under my skin that I cannot find our state flag anywhere.

Sorry, just a little off topic rant.

new topics

top topics

join