It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lets be glad we don't live in Russia

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 27 2007 @ 01:00 PM
link   
It was reported today that Peter Tatchell, the gay rights activist was assaulted whilst trying to deliver a letter to the mayor of moscow asking for permission to hold a rally in support of gay rights.

news.bbc.co.uk...

I have no axe to grind regarding a persons sexuality, and whilst I disagree with some of Tatchells methods, I believe in his right to free speech.

en.wikipedia.org...

When I see things like this happening in a supposedly developed nation (along with the rise of the ultra-right wingers) I am glad that I live in a country where my civil liberties are protected to a much greater extent.

So to all those who say that in the UK and the US our civil liberties are being totally eroded I say let's be really glad we don't live in other places where it's actually true.

[edit on 27-5-2007 by budski]

posted on May, 27 2007 @ 01:14 PM
link   
Don't worry; the US and UK are on their way to this type of stuff. Hell, in some ways, they're already there. Here's a newsflash; governments are corrupt WORLDWIDE.

posted on May, 27 2007 @ 01:34 PM
link   
Can you provide evidence to back up these claims? or is it more of an opinion?

I believe that in the UK, we have a very fair system of government - it's not the system thats corrupt, but the people who administer it.

Also, as far as these things go, there is very little corruption compared to most countries, certainly far less than the European assembly.

Whether you agree or not with the protesters, it is clear that in the UK and US the protesters would have been allowed to have their say.

posted on May, 27 2007 @ 02:37 PM
link   
Yeah...

I guess you missed the most recent LAPD head cracking incident with regards to an illegal alien demonstration. Or the internment of 1000s of protesters during the RNC in New York. The UK has so much government crackdown stuff going on it isn't funny.

posted on May, 27 2007 @ 02:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by truthseeka
Yeah...

I guess you missed the most recent LAPD head cracking incident with regards to an illegal alien demonstration. Or the internment of 1000s of protesters during the RNC in New York. The UK has so much government crackdown stuff going on it isn't funny.

Government crackdown?
On what pray tell?

All I see is indirect taxation, and protection of the populace.

Again, can you provide evidence to back up your claims?

And are you of the opinion that our respective governments are any worse than others?

posted on May, 27 2007 @ 03:59 PM
link   
Hi budski

So to all those who say that in the UK and the US our civil liberties are being totally eroded I say let's be really glad we don't live in other places where it's actually true.

And I say let's wake the heck up and do something, cause in a few years from now if we don't, our society will be just like their's or worst, and then we will be wishing we lived in Russia. (I shudder at the thought.)

Hi truthseeka.

I like your temporary avitar. Those urban kids with the bling bling. Very cute.

Yes we are on our way. Just give it time. I am glad that I live where I live, but that does not mean I don't see what my country is becoming. I think the thing about living in countries like this is that we can't sit back and say, well at least we don't live in China, or Russia. We have to realise we don't live in the America, Canada, that people lived in a hundred years ago. Many people would be shocked and alarmed at what is happening now. So though we are not yet Russia or worst, we have a very strong potential for going there.

Hi budski.

it's not the system thats corrupt, but the people who administer it.

Did that logic work in Hitler's regime or what?

And are you of the opinion that our respective governments are any worse than others?

They don't have to be worst than others for this to be a problem. We are suppose to be doing better than others. More democratic than others, more free than others and it's a big lie.

It's like a puzzle. You can take a thousand little pieces and swear up and down that nothing is happening, there is no picture there.

Now some of us, we are really creative and we can see what the final picture is going to look like. We get it, we don't have to assemble the pieces to understand what the final picture will be.

Others can see what the picture is going to look like after 100 pieces are put together, still others 500, still others 750, still others won't get the puzzle till the last piece is put into play. (If they ever get it at all.)

You are on a conspiracy forum. The theme of this conspiracy forum is denying ignorance, learning the truth. May I strongly suggest that if you are so interested, you go out and do that. There are lot's of threads about the upcoming police state that the US and the UK are becoming. Many of us have posted small pieces of the puzzle.

I came on here today to see yet another article about the police powers they want to give the UK, so they can stop and question average citizens. I can see it, because I want to, and I have come to acceptance, cause I had to. I got my wake up call the hard way, but I did get my wake up call.

People like me and truthseeka can try to make you aware, give you a few pieces of the puzzle, but unless you are in that place, or willing to be open to the possibility, then it won't do a lot of good.

It's like trying to get someone to see that their significant other is cheating. We can say this that and the other, but if you are not willing to believe it, you will take everything that we say, and throw out to you, and come back with an innocent or plausible reason. It's not our job to lead you to the truth. You need to go out and find it yourself. You are on a conspiracy forum, there is enough there for those who would believe to come to a point of belief. There is also enough here, for those who would choose to be ignorant of this coming time, to stay in ignorance and not see what is before their eyes.

I could not see it, because I love my country, and I trusted, my government. I believed the things that I was told. I listened to what was said, and I so wholeheartedly believed that we could never come to a place, that I could not and would not have seen it. Thank God something came along and threw me a huge curve-ball, and now my eyes are open, I am a believer and I do see.

I sorry you can't see it, but then I am happy for you at the same time. I can tell you, I can't make you see it. Maybe it is like the Matrix, maybe you do have to feel it, cause it is all around us, from the bottom to the top, feel, sense, taste the corruption. It's happening though and it's coming. However what I have also found is that many people can go through the same experiences and some think nothing of it, or think it's great, where for others it's their worst nightmare. I have heard reports that many of the German people thought that Hitlers rule was a good time for the country, and in some ways it was, he restored the Fatherland to it's former glory, but then on the other hand, you had people who's lives were destroyed. Same experience two different outcomes and perspective.

So I can't make you see it, neither can truthseeka or anyone else. It's the old saying, you can lead a horse to water, but you can't make it drink. I don't know how many pieces of the puzzle you will need to see the truth, but I hope if and when you do, you will try to wake up and alert others, the way we are trying to wake up and alert you.

posted on May, 27 2007 @ 04:11 PM
link   
To be fair here a two pieces of the puzzle to start you on your way. It's up to you what you do with them and how you choose to interpret them.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

www.abovetopsecret.com...'

posted on May, 27 2007 @ 04:15 PM
link   
Here's one.

infowars.com...

Not a governmental crackdown per se, but it gives you an idea of what's coming when you can get fined nearly $200 USD for dropping 2 chips on the ground.:shk:

new topics

top topics

join