It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS is not owned by the government.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 27 2007 @ 12:12 PM
link   
One of the biggest fallacy with most members arguments is that they feel as though ATS is owned by the government. However ATS is not owned by the government because Johnmike and I did some research and ATS is really owned by www.godaddy.com. They rent their own server from the site and the site can rent out servers and it can let people pay cheap for domains. www.godaddy.com has probably been the best thing to happen to the three amigos and is probably why we are able to have all of the stuff on this site. This site earns revenue from google adsense and that's why it's able to keep running.

posted on May, 27 2007 @ 12:38 PM
link   
ATS isn't owned by GoDaddy.com. ATS is owned by myself, Springer and SkepticOverlord.

Our domains are maintained through a GoDaddy account.

We don't rent our server cluster from them either, our primary servers are rented from a web hosting provider called The Planet.

[edit on 27-5-2007 by SimonGray]

posted on May, 27 2007 @ 01:06 PM
link   
Ah yes I get it... so you have www.godaddy.com maintain the servers but you three own the sites. That makes more sense.
Johnmike and I figured that the site lets you register domains so it would also help you rent out servers so that's why we were under the assumption that it would help you rent a server for cheap there.

Thanks for telling me about the planet... I am actually making one website myself soon and when I have a job I think I'll use those resources to make the site because if it works for ATS it will probably work for other sites... so I'll do the same with my own.

I had no idea that you could manage domains for so cheap. I checked www.godaddy.com out and it looks really high quality.

I just have a feeling that lots of the things on the internet are scams and that's why I am worried about registering a domaina nd paying money for it.

posted on May, 27 2007 @ 09:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Maverickhunter
...so you have www.godaddy.com maintain the servers but you three own the sites.

Actually no, GoDaddy.com doesn't have anything to do with our hardware. While GoDaddy.com is a webhosting firm, they are better known as being the largest domain name registrar in the world.

Our domain names are managed through a GoDaddy.com account; that is the extent of their relation to The Above Network.

posted on May, 28 2007 @ 01:41 PM
link   
Originally posted by SimonGray

Originally posted by Maverickhunter
...so you have www.godaddy.com maintain the servers but you three own the sites.

Actually no, GoDaddy.com doesn't have anything to do with our hardware. While GoDaddy.com is a webhosting firm, they are better known as being the largest domain name registrar in the world.

Whoops typo. I mean that the site maintain the forums :p. I had no idea they were that well known. I'll check it out once I get a job.

Our domain names are managed through a GoDaddy.com account; that is the extent of their relation to The Above Network.

The Above Network is some kind of internet company that you maintain relations I assume that you take part in... am I right? I know it's not a .gov site because I checked the whois.net thing or whatever the site is called and I found out the above network is not a .gov domain. I am right aren't I?

[edit on 28-5-2007 by Maverickhunter]

posted on May, 28 2007 @ 01:53 PM
link   
The Above Network is ATS/BTS/PTS:

www.theabovenetwork.com...

Check it out.

top topics

join