It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I am Buying: Buick Rendevouz

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 26 2007 @ 11:12 PM
link   
Is this a decent vehicle? reviews are really mixed online, some say they are a lemon while others love it.

I really need a new vehicle and my wife needs a tall vehicle with lots of trunk space since she has MS and she is in a wheelchair at the moment, on top of that my previous car, a 95 Dodge Intrepid, just had an engine die on it so I had to trash it, it lived long with 210.000 miles on it.

Is this a good vehicle or should I go for a Ford Escape instead?

posted on May, 27 2007 @ 12:07 AM
link   
Perhaps you should contact someone who specializes in retrofitting cars for disabled people, they would be able to give a very informed opinion on the matter. Since it's for special needs, the things you might want out of a car might not necessarily be what other people(ie People who don't have experience with the disabled) would want.

[edit on 27-5-2007 by sardion2000]

posted on Jul, 18 2007 @ 10:31 AM
link   
I have to agree with sardion2k here on this one, contacting a special needs manufacturer would definetly put you on the right track to finding the best vehicle for you. However, is she wheelchair ridden? Or can she still move about her own? I had a good friend with ms, and there were good and bad days, but she could still get in and out of a corsica just fine.

Some of those retro-fitted vans can cost 6 figures. On top of that, the buick R. is ugly as crap. I hate ford and I would take an escape over that any day.

Not just for the fact that the escape is shaped different, but I heard it got some good reviews, and pretty decent gas mileage too.

In the end, sardion is right, it comes down more to the needs of the person you are transporting, rather than what you want to drive.

The buick is still ugly.

King

posted on Jul, 18 2007 @ 01:03 PM
link   
I'd go with the Buick over the Ford.

My inlaws just bought a Buick Ren. they like it, I've been in it, it's nice and roomy. Rides nice, etc.

I don't know about reliability... I guess one is about as good as another anymore.

posted on Jan, 15 2008 @ 08:30 PM
link   
Hey, I just noticed this thread.

Did you get your new car yet?

I have an 06 Rendevouz and I love it, however I think it that loading a wheel chair in the back all the time may start to suck, the bumper is just too high. The rear hatch is also kind of a pain to close without MS, may want to think about a sliding side door.

Mine auto adjusts the seats and tilt wheel depending on if my wife or me uses their remote, something that may be useful for you as the driver seat is kind of high off the ground.

I have put about 75,000 miles on it and no problems yet, not a one.

The leather they used is tough as nails, too. I have 4 kids who have destroyed the seats in my Honda but the Buick leather is holding up GREAT.

I wouldnt pay extra for the 4 wheel drive, mine seems to make it feel like the brakes look up often at low speeds.

Best of luck to you both and sorry I missed this for so long

[edit on 15-1-2008 by cavscout]

posted on Feb, 10 2008 @ 01:49 AM
link   
Sup Cavscout! I chose the Buick and I love it, I had some problems with the BCM (body control module) but we fixed it and it drives like a dream, it's not gas-efficient though but my wife gets in and out easilly, the good thing about MS is that she does get better, recovery is slow and sometimes she never gets back to a 100% but we can manage now, she can walk (albeit slow) and the extra height helps her get in and out.

I love the vehicle, I wish I could make it run on hydrogen or something lol.

posted on Feb, 14 2008 @ 05:12 AM
link   
Here is a picture of my new vehicle.

I hope you love it

posted on Feb, 14 2008 @ 06:53 AM
link   
I actually used to sell these, and one of the primary highlights is how the seat feels. It's more like sitting in a chair than a car.

Buick is a good company. I think you'll be happy.

posted on Feb, 19 2008 @ 12:44 AM
link   
I have owned this vehicle for over 6 months but I didn't drive it for that long because of my military service, I love it...

posted on Nov, 19 2008 @ 10:11 AM
link   
Buicks are goos cars probably the best cars for riding in,I had a Caddy Fleetwood,drove a Buick I think the Buick had a better ride

top topics

join