It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

real disturbing dream i had

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 26 2007 @ 10:01 PM
link   
and i really can't stop thinking about it since then..it's been about two days.
anyway all i can remember is this

I accidently ate some human head. it was just so gnarly the whole situation. this guy was trying to pass off human heads as whole chickens haha crazy i know but in the dream it worked for him. i thought i was a chicken it looked like one at first. then when i was chewing and tasting it was soo different from chicken and like more "hearty" i guess i could say. i looked down at the chicken again and noticed it looked off..then i focused on it more and it was a human head it looked soooooo crazy i dont know how to really describe it but it looked like it had been in agony it was more like the chicken transformed or something. anyway i tried telling people and no one would believe me they continued eating. the guy knew i was trying to mess up his scheme and i was afraid i would be a head he would try to pass off as a chicken haha anyway just the whole thing really got to me i tripped a little when i woke up but i kept thinking about it and last night i just couldn't stop thinking about it i got kinda freaked out.

okay i just had to let it out.. any dream experts care to chime in on this one? haha

posted on May, 26 2007 @ 10:17 PM
link   
I'll give it a whirl.

Cannibalism (by you). Cannibals devour other people's lives, and their energy -- remember the old rituals from tribal cannibals about eating the enemy's heart for strength, etc? So to dream of cannibalizing something can symbolize a destructive or forbidden obsession or desire. There may be a part of your life that is draining you, life, career, significant other, a friend who's more of a psychic vampire, etc.

You started out thinking it was a chicken. Chickens symbolize lack of will power and even cowardliness. It can also represent gossip and excessive chatter.

A head can mean wisdom, intellect, rationality as well as your accomplishments, self-image and the way you see the world. Though it is usually when you dream that your head is being ripped off, perhaps in this instance it could mean that you are in a situation where you are refusing to look at the truth, and not seeing a situation or a problem clearly. This is pretty clear in that you thought you were eating chicken, but it turned into a head.

This dream sounds very much like you have an unhealthy attachment to something or someone that you are not acknowledging is dangerous. You were eating a head, devouring your own intellect, refusing to look at a situation. So in your heart, you already know that whatever it is, it is very bad for you, but you are refusing to allow yourself to see it. Because it started as a chicken, you are actually afraid of what looking right at this problem/person/thing and seeing it for what it really is, and dealing with it.

And because it was a guy that sold you the chicken/head, I suspect very much that a man in your life is very bad for you, perhaps is controlling you in some way and it is getting worse. You know in your heart that he is bad for you, but the fear of leaving him or losing his friendship (lover or friend, it's all the same) has not yet outweighed the fear of staying.

Could be wrong about the guy, but there is SOMETHING in your life that is harming you and you need to take stock of it and take control of it. And deep inside, you know it already and your subconscious is sending you warnings about it.

posted on May, 27 2007 @ 04:29 AM
link   
I promise MMF I am not following you around lol

You are really good at dream interpretation.

I would be very disturbed too if I had had a dream like this but I really like your interpretation of it.

Takes the edge off it.

Chickens for me are powerless creatures, yanno, kept in little sheds to breed or get eaten. Vulnerable...but I have had a pet chicken who got eaten by a fox.. boo hoo, honestly the little bugger had an identity crisis, thought it was a cat. Would sit at the top of the stairs waiting to come inside to sit in front of the fire with my cats. lol Even figured out the cat door!!

My imput here probably isn't much good lol but I definitely agree with the cannabilism and energy...

posted on May, 27 2007 @ 09:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by NJE777
I promise MMF I am not following you around lol

You are really good at dream interpretation.

thanks, NJE. And I don't mind if you "follow me around." My ex's girlfriend is doing that maliciously, cyberstalking is no joke. It'd be a nice change to be followed around by someone positive.

I just have a way with symbolism, always have. I guess we all have our little talents.

But I'd like to hear from TheBadge if I'm close to what's going on in her life before I let my ego puff up and I crow from the rooftops.

Your chicken sounds cute, BTW. I always thought they were kind of stupid. But very tasty.

posted on May, 27 2007 @ 03:13 PM
link   
well wow! that explanation was pretty mind blowing
but.. i don't have anyone in my life who is doing that to me. well not that i know of. I have been what u call "MIA" so i very very rarely have social contact with other people right now. the only people i see everyday are my parents. maybe my mom is the culprit? haha i dont know. but i did wake up from that dream really really burnt out/tired. at this point in my life i dont think i could be doing anything destructive i have changed a lot around a month ago i was pretty bad but now i am gettinga lot physical activity reading and eating well? maybe i have to dig deeper?? there is a person i have a crush on but i honestly doubt it is him if anything he could be the opposite i dont"feel " anything negative there.but damn that explanation is dope.thanks

posted on May, 27 2007 @ 04:45 PM
link   
Sounds like I was 'way off base, but something is definitely going on with you. I'm glad you found it helpful.

posted on May, 27 2007 @ 05:05 PM
link   
nah its all good though i mean it really made me think about stuff.. i did have someone in the past who i would say was one of those "vampires" and i just recently became fully "over him"

well maybe u can help with the dream i had last night
lately ive had odd dreams

anyway so i had a son in the dream and iwas CRAZY because i have had dreams of me having a kid before and it was the same child! sooo adorable and he did look like a version of me. anyway in the dream i was on the trolley and i turned away for like 4 seconds because i dropped something and i looked up at someone stole my baby! like i saw the dude run off with him as the trolley was taking off i was so angry/scared i tried to like pry the doors open but they wouldnt! people were screaming for him to stopbut he kept going. it was a man and he had a beard and this creepy grin on his face . i dont have kids or anything in real life. but in the dream i felt like such a momhaha like i was so devastated by it and scared and wanted to do anything i could to find him. anyway so this whole HUGE search goes down theres like mad cops and stuff.then out of nowhere there's like this war going on and its crazy because it is in the usual spot that wars always go down in my dreams (i have really crazy stuff go on in my dreams every 3 or 2 times a month i am dreaming about attacks on the us and im always there when it happens i see the bomber planes dropping stuff and me getting kidnapped and junk.) anyway so this whole war scenario is going on while trying to find my baby. but in the end i found him and i got the chance to beat the crap out of the dude who took him. haha but i woke up just trippin out because the kid was the same from previous dreams of me having a kid!

posted on May, 27 2007 @ 06:38 PM
link   
Aha. You HAD a guy like that. At least I know I'm not talking out of a hat.

Now as to your other dream. Before I get into the symbolism, I'll share a bit of my dreamscape with you. I have a recurring theme in some dreams of a city. It's always the same city, but it looks different sometimes. Just in the dream, I KNOW it's the same city. Sometimes places are the same. This city is kind of a cross of places I've been/lived: San Francisco, Paris, Amsterdam.

I also used to have dreams (when I first entered counseling) about a house. A scary big house that was in the middle of this "city" I often dream of. The house was aware, and had something scary living in the attic. I had this house crop up in my dreams quite frequently the first couple of years I saw my therapist.

I believe that recurring people, or places, or things in a dream refer to key aspects of yourself. For instance, I think the city I dream about all the time represents my life as a whole. The house represented me -- I was always outside of myself, and scared of what was inside.

So right off the bat, I gathered that this child is a part of you -- and a part you feel very strongly, even motherly about. In essence, I think it's probably your inner child. Carl Jung had this theory that inside every man is an anima, or a female essence. Inside every woman is an animus, the male essence.

My take on the boy child in your dream is that it is your own male essence, the masculine spirit part of yourself, and also your inner child. First off, it seems that you are afraid of growing up in some way, that you will lose the child part of yourself. This seems to be a very normal dream about maturity and the natural worries about losing yourself as you grow up. The trolley supports this, a trolley or other vehicle indicating motion or growth.

Losing something and chasing after, going through a war zone, these are normal anxiety dreams. I dream of zombies, always have. If I'm dreaming of zombies chasing me, it means I'm stressed out about something. You found your kid, and you beat the guy who took him. That's a good sign. You're anxious, but you feel you can handle whatever it is you are anxious about.

I just checked my favorite dream dictionary, and it pretty much confirms what I thought about your symbols. War means you are torn by an emotional struggle or some other kind of inner conflict. A son represents your hopes, potential and the youthful part of yourself. Searching for a son means you are looking for the undeveloped masculine side of yourself. Perhaps you feel some man has put you in a position where you don't feel you can be assertive. Perhaps it's not a single man, but what you perceive all men think of you, or the perceived role of a woman in society.

At any rate, this seems to be a very normal anxiety dream, about your inner life and self, and you seem to be getting the upper hand in the battle.

posted on May, 28 2007 @ 12:11 PM
link   
ooh the city thing sounds cool!! i have that too but the cities arent places i have been although one time i went to vancouver in real life and realized vancouver was it but it was after i dreamt about it! haha

anyway the whole inner conflict emotional thing is pretty right on. i have some silent struggles nothing crazy/big but i know what you are talking about thank you!!!
this whole masculine thing though i dont get it much?

posted on May, 28 2007 @ 12:53 PM
link   
The animus can be quite complex. Here are some links to get you started:

en.wikipedia.org...

www.cnr.edu...

www.lessons4living.com...

for more, I suggest Googling "animus + Jung"

posted on May, 28 2007 @ 07:36 PM
link   
maybe your dream is trying to tell you youre a chicken head...

na im just kidding

posted on May, 28 2007 @ 10:49 PM
link   
hey thanks MajorMalfunction im gonna check that out..thanks for your time in analyzing my dreams i really appreciate it!

hahaha chicken head!! no mames

posted on May, 29 2007 @ 11:16 AM
link   
Grrrrp!

Eyeball anyone?

(sorry)

top topics

join