It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

They're teaching US to have "borderline personality disturbances"

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 26 2007 @ 09:23 PM
link   
This document, from the Library of Congress, titled "The Sociology and Psychology of Terrorism" reveals the psychological underpinnings of the "Us Vs. Them" mindset.

This mindset is of particular interest to me because it's permeated by rulers and leaders on many societies; most particularly in the most troubled societies like Facist / Nazist, and terrorist extremist, and right here at home on a grand scale.

a particularly striking personality trait of people who are drawn to
terrorism “is the reliance placed on the psychological mechanisms of “externalization” and ‘splitting’.” These are psychological mechanisms, he explains, that are found in “individuals with narcissistic and borderline personality disturbances.” “Splitting,” he explains, is a mechanism characteristic of people whose personality development is shaped by a particular type of psychological damage (narcissistic injury) during childhood. Those individuals with a damaged self-concept have failed to integrate the good and bad parts of the self, which are instead split into the “me” and the “not me.” These individuals, who have included Hitler, need an outside enemy to blame for their own inadequacies and weaknesses.
www.loc.gov...

The U.S. Establishment openly engages in promoting this psychologically damaging personality development, which was what was wrong with Hitler.

The proof that they do this right here at home goes without saying. The politicians and the Media (The Establishment) promote this psychopathic world view on the mass scale, and they've been doing it to US our entire lives.

It's all about US vs. THEM; think in binary; 0/1 left/right white/black 0/1 ... ... ...

This goes at least as far back as the Cold War era, and the Soviets did the same thing to their people. There are masses of people to this day who still think someone is a "Commie" if they dare challenge any of the corruption or obvious flaws in our institutionalized system of inequality.

Another long done and persisting degree of this is self-evident in the left / right "Republican" / "Democrat" political party system. The followers of these ideologies have been trained to blame everything that's wrong on the "other side", and not even question that the rulers on their own side might be contributing to the woes of the nation.

This is done in more modern times with the subject of terrorism, but this is pretty much the same model regurgitated for every conflict.

George W. Bush:
Either you are with us, or you are with the terrorists.
(Applause.)
www.whitehouse.gov...

[edit on 26-5-2007 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss]

posted on May, 26 2007 @ 09:53 PM
link   
Are you suggesting that every time a republican utters the word "terrorist" in a speech that they are attempting to breakdown unstable narcissistic individuals with the ultimate goal of making them hate and fear "terrorists"??

I'm more inclined to believe that these speeches and the terminology within are pre-calculated based on political orientation both at home and abroad. They emphasize certain points. Republicans say "terror" a lot because of their political agenda, not some outlandish scheme to play on the fears of the mentally unstable.

Furthermore, it appears that you cherry-picked that quote from the document. After I read it, it would appear that the general conclusion runs contrary to your quote:

"One finding is that, unfortunately for profiling purposes, there does not appear to be a single terrorist personality. This seems to be the consensus among terrorism psychologists as well as political scientists and sociologists. The personalities of terrorists may be as diverse as the personalities of people in any lawful profession. There do not appear to be any visibly detectable personality traits that would allow authorities to identify a terrorist.

Another finding is that the terrorist is not diagnosably psychopathic or mentally sick. Contrary to the stereotype that the terrorist is a psychopath or otherwise mentally disturbed, the terrorist is actually quite sane, although deluded by an ideological or religious way of viewing the world."

Frankly I believe this another one of your attempts at attacking the Bush administration by tying together loose theories without any proof whatsoever.

posted on May, 26 2007 @ 10:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vipassana
Are you suggesting that every time a republican utters the word "terrorist" in a speech that they are attempting to breakdown unstable narcissistic individuals with the ultimate goal of making them hate and fear "terrorists"??

More or less, yes. Especially with Republicans, because that is their political agenda. But it's of little difference with any of thes epeople get up there and grandstand about how evil they are, while refusing to entertain the idea that maybe they didn't attack us "for our freedoms' and maye there was another reason...

"Freedom" = Imperialism: It's in the Language
The Media is Pro-Military-Imperialism Biased

posted on May, 26 2007 @ 10:27 PM
link   
Without a doubt, they want us all confused and crazy. They also want us consuming larger quantities of tranquilizers and antidepressant drugs not just for the benefit of the pharmaceutical companies, but to keep us numb.

I'm a victim.

posted on May, 26 2007 @ 10:29 PM
link   

Furthermore, it appears that you cherry-picked that quote from the document. After I read it, it would appear that the general conclusion runs contrary to your quote:

^Key word: "Appear".

My context is about specifics in the implications of psychopathic leaders or rulers training their subjects to behave and think the same way as they do. Those arguments you cited are void in context I'm presenting.

We're trained to be like this our entire lives. We're taught to have narcissistic & borderline personality disorders, to ensure an environment where they can get perpetuate their agenda(s).

It's funny that paper should include narcissistic injury in all of that when you highlight narcissism in the cultural context:

Historian and social critic Christopher Lasch (1932—1994) described this topic in his book, "The Culture of Narcissism",[3] published in 1979.

He defines a narcissistic culture as one in which every activity and relationship is defined by the hedonistic need to acquire the symbols of spiritual wealth, this becoming the only expression of rigid, yet covert, social hierarchies. It is a culture where liberalism only exists in so far as it serves a consumer society, and even art, sex and religion lose their liberating power. See Decadence and Determinism.
en.wikipedia.org...

That fits in rather 'nicely' here in the U.S., better than any other place in known human history.

Anyways:

"Contrary to the stereotype that the terrorist is a psychopath or otherwise mentally disturbed, the terrorist is actually quite sane, although deluded by an ideological or religious way of viewing the world."

What that means is not all terrorists are true psychopaths. But they've learned the ideologies of psychopaths. Then they can be driven to behave as a psychopath (kill, die).

So the question becomes are our rulers psychopaths?

In current clinical use, psychopathy is most commonly diagnosed using the checklist devised by Emeritus Professor Robert Hare. He describes psychopaths as "intraspecies predators [12] [13] who use charm, manipulation, intimidation, and violence [14] [15] [16] to control others and to satisfy their own selfish needs. Lacking in conscience and in feelings for others, they take what they want and do as they please, violating social norms and expectations without guilt or remorse" [17]. "What is missing, in other words, are the very qualities that allow a human being to live in social harmony."[18]
en.wikipedia.org...

That's got to be the best definition of our Imperialist Establishment that I've ever seen in my life.

Frankly I believe this another one of your attempts at attacking the Bush administration by tying together loose theories without any proof whatsoever.

Well proof is one thing, and evidence is another.

Some evidence is so self-evident as true that it qualifies as proof. These arguments, unless you have some real enlightening counter-arguments, put everything I'm talking about underneath the light of self-evident. They go without saying, once you understand what it means.

posted on May, 26 2007 @ 10:36 PM
link   
Seriously tho, Vipassana, if you want PROOF it's in these following BBC social engineering documentaries:

The Trap: Whatever Happened to Our Dreams of Freedom?

The Century of the Self

2 of the best videos you will ever see, hands down.

posted on May, 26 2007 @ 10:44 PM
link   
It's one thing to say they are spreading fear and want us confused. It's another thing to imply that someone is targeting a specific set of individuals so as to mentally unsettle them. If thats really what your implying than you need to back it up, because I don't see that as self evident in any manner (unless you also suggest that most Americans are narcissistic and indeed vulnerable to this type of psychopathic disorder, which may well be the case).

Basically I'm confused as to what your point is here. Are you making a point about mass manipulation and the psychology of media integration and its effects on the population as a whole? Or are you specifically saying that our government is targeting those individuals that would be classified under the terms of this document?

posted on May, 27 2007 @ 03:15 AM
link   

It's one thing to say they are spreading fear and want us confused. It's another thing to imply that someone is targeting a specific set of individuals so as to mentally unsettle them. If thats really what your implying than you need to back it up, because I don't see that as self evident in any manner (unless you also suggest that most Americans are narcissistic and indeed vulnerable to this type of psychopathic disorder, which may well be the case).

Basically I'm confused as to what your point is here. Are you making a point about mass manipulation and the psychology of media integration and its effects on the population as a whole? Or are you specifically saying that our government is targeting those individuals that would be classified under the terms of this document?

They're trying to spread fear (and the rest) but to target everyone who will listen to them.

unless you also suggest that most Americans are narcissistic and indeed vulnerable to this type of psychopathic disorder, which may well be the case

I'm arguing that Americans have been taught, their entire lives (this includes me), to be like that. This creates an environment that harbors imperialism and hypocrisy.

The document was the protal into the viewpoint, not the proof alone that they're actually doing it.

It's about mass manipulation / indoctrination into their desired outcome. One way of looking at it is that of the "Pseudo-individual":
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on May, 27 2007 @ 08:33 AM
link   
Very interesting article and thread, is do doubt that this is happening in America and its appealing to the self proclaim patriots after 9/11.

Specially the ones that will believe anything the government tells them.

I see that our president falls first hand in the description been given.

We're taught to have narcissistic & borderline personality disorders, to ensure an environment where they can get perpetuate their agenda(s).

The government is always given grants for independent research into the population behavior to late exploit at will..

www.globalresearch.ca...
US electromagnetic weapons and human rights
Project Censored releases a new study on the history of US intelligence community human rights violations and continuing research in electromagnetic weapons.

In the 1950s and 60s the CIA began work to find means for influencing human cognition, emotion and behaviour. Through the use of the psychological understanding of the human being as a social animal and the ability to manipulate a subject's environment through isolation, drugs and hypnosis, US funded scientists have long searched for better means of controlling human behaviour.

This very interesting and something that we should be looking into because right now we have a divided population and obviously we have people that has fallen under the war on terror spell believing anything that the government tells .

But them we have the other side of American that can see what is going on as wrong.

Very interesting thread and I am glad to supply some more information.

posted on May, 27 2007 @ 03:11 PM
link   
Dig. I have an example to expand on that but I decided to go with a new thread as it deserves such. Check it out:
They're Trying to Extract Human Brain Responses from All Known Media

posted on May, 27 2007 @ 03:24 PM
link   
The government has been trying to work on population behaviour for decades, in the pursue of been able to manipulate responses.

I knew that it deserve another thread on its own.

top topics

join