It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Recovering Pork Addict Seeking Advice

page: 1

join
share:
apc

posted on May, 26 2007 @ 08:27 PM
link   
So I've decided to quit eating little piggies on a regular basis. I've been wondering what all the fuss was about with pork and actually sat down and did some research. I must say, I was totally ignorant of just how bad pork is for you.

I'm going to finish off the cut of bacon and sausage biscuits I have, then that's it. I'll still eat it if it's served to me, but no more bacon for breakfast every day.

But now I'm stuck... what do I replace it with? I loooooove bacon. Bacon bacon bacon bacon There! In that bag what's it say?! It's bacoooon!

Turkey bacon? Is that stuff any good? Does it taste like pork bacon? I guess it's best baked or fried in a bit of oil.

What about sausage? What am I to do to replace my wonderful sausage patties?

Please share your experiences and advice!

[edit on 26-5-2007 by apc]

posted on May, 26 2007 @ 08:47 PM
link   
I don't know, just about anything overdone is bad for you. I think the trick is moderation.

But if you're looking for a tasty meat to replace the pork, I recommend ostrich.

Ostrich is very good for you (for a meat). It's sort of like beef, but tastes much better than the mass market slaughterhouse beef around. I find it at Whole Foods, but I think there are some online distributors.

Yeah, like these guys

apc

posted on May, 26 2007 @ 09:01 PM
link   
Ostrich eh? How is it for breakfast? All my pork has been breakfast food with the exception of ham sandwiches for lunch.

I already get all my meats from Wild Oats. Equivalent of Whole Foods... but it doesn't look like they sell ostrich. However there is one Whole Foods here apparently... I'll have to give it a try!

posted on May, 26 2007 @ 09:07 PM
link   
Ostrich is the best meat I've ever eaten, and I've had everything including wild boar, crocodile and kangaroo. I've never had ostrich sausage, but I've had fillets and burgers, and nothing -- NOTHING -- has ever come close, not even venison.

If you find some ostrich sausage let me know how it goes. I may have to order some myself.

Here's a meat comparison chart

[edit to add link]

[edit on 26-5-2007 by MajorMalfunction]

posted on May, 26 2007 @ 09:28 PM
link   
oooh ostrich i have always wanted to try it but i hear its pretty expensive..i didnt know whole foods slanged it haha im gonna try some maybe like ill get a small amount..

wild oats mmmm i just had a wild oats spinach lasagna yumm

anyway as for the replacing pork.. well thye make turkey sausage patties i find them to be good. also morningstar makes soy sausage pattys and i was really suprpised at how good they were~~ ooh ooh also if u like chorizo there's this subsitute called SOYRIZO it's made of soy haha obviously but anyway it tastes JUST AS GOOD!! i had my uncle try it and he was like amazed haha there are other options out there oohh and i think its garden burger im not sure but they make soy riblets sooooooo good i love the bbq sauce they use.

im not a fan of turkey bacon well i think it would be better if i had baked it in the oven because over the stove it came out rubbery..
but ywah dude turkey sausage links holla so good. i hope u find some good stuff.

new topics

top topics

join