It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Were We Warned Off The Moon By Aliens?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 26 2007 @ 02:59 PM
link   
Consider this:

NASA abruptly stopped the Moon program, though:
The equipment was in place.
The mission was paid for.
The Astronauts were trained and ready.

So why did NASA suddenly terminate the Moon program?

That leads to speculation that we were warned to keep off the Moon by extraterrestrials who either have:
Bases on its surface.
Or inside the Moon which some contend is a huge spaceship in itself!

Check out this image taken by Clementine….

Source DOD_NRL_NASA
Lat 0 deg, Long 120 deg
Res 1 pixel = 1 km

Notice any strange ‘structures’ on the surface? And what looks like image smudging by NASA!

Though these conjectures (that the Moon is probably a hollowed out space ship, or that alien bases exist on the surface), are rather far fetched, could there probably be an element of truth in all this? Otherwise why would NASA call off a perfectly successful program? Was it financial constraints? Technical difficulties? Unlikely.

And now with all the latest technology at our disposal, in contrast to what was available in the late 60s, NASA says it would be ready for the next Moon shot only by 2020!! Why the delay? Are we stonewalling the issue and trying to delay it as long as possible because of the alien 'threat'?

OR has it been deliberately planned after ‘disclosure’?

posted on May, 26 2007 @ 03:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by mikesingh
That leads to speculation that we were warned to keep off the Moon by extraterrestrials

Does it? Have you proven that it wasn't leprechauns? Or that we just didn't have it in the budget to keep going and couldn't justify it? I came up with that idea without even thinking very hard.

Notice any strange ‘structures’ on the surface?

No. I see scan-pass data block errors. You see evidence of aliens and a massive conspiracy. To each his own.

posted on May, 26 2007 @ 03:30 PM
link   
There's a base up there. There claiming water rights already on the poles. You seriously think you'd hear of remote landings?

They';ve got them little rovers up there all the time! Moon-dustin'. Just for kicks.

If you where to aim a large enough telescope, and monitor, you'd see thrusts because there's always one in the crowd.

posted on May, 26 2007 @ 03:38 PM
link   
It's amazing how many "structures" you find in your cosmic journeys mikesingh.

But alas, how many of them are true?

Even one would be amazing.

When you provide an image AND a resolution key that states "1 pixel = 1 km" you really have to stop and think, are these structures?

Who would build complexes so large? Why?

And smudging by NASA? Wouldn't it be easier for them to just not release a photograph that showed something?

posted on May, 26 2007 @ 04:15 PM
link   
Hi there,
ok well.... maybe they delayed the moon program for a good reason, to insure the well-beings of the astronuts (remember columbia?) they want to make sure that this will be a successful mission!
and I kinda agree to that... we are still in the "baby stages" of space exploration!!! not that we will never go beyond out solar system its just that we need time to understand things make sure we got it right before we send lives out there.
I personly don't have a telascope, but there are alot of ppl out there who do have one and a stronge one at that, why couldn't they see anything that was man made out there on the moon? and if they did see something don't you think they will report this (to anyone)?

posted on May, 26 2007 @ 05:21 PM
link   
If we were warned off, I'm not sure why we went back several times.

It might be helpful to read up on some official history... not as enjoyable as the alternative theory sites, but everyone going on about moon conspiracy ought to at least know the basic timeline and events:

Apollo Lunar Mission Summaries

...and a nice perspective about that era of the space program from someone who remembers it:

A Personal Perspective of Project Apollo

In short: it got too expensive and the country's interest in the missions dropped dramatically after the first one.

posted on May, 26 2007 @ 05:26 PM
link   
By the time of Apollo 13, there was almost no interest in going to the moon. In fact the Apollo 13 broadcast wasn't even shown on television. The only reason there was any interest in 13, was because it became a life and death struggle. A few years later, the "Why are we going into space? We have enough problems on Earth" crowd became more prevalent and we stopped going to the moon.

posted on May, 26 2007 @ 09:29 PM
link   
Mike, this is my take on why we stopped cold going to the Moon. We can say it was not in the budget anymore and we humans on Earth lost interest. The fact of the matter is when NASA kept it borring and withheld the truth of what was actually up there we lost interest. Moon rocks, dirt, craters and hills sounds exciting, not. We were all sold a bill of goods that we would eventually build bases on the Moon for launching sites to Mars, but the secret opps from Earth were already established on Mars.

You think for one minute if we, as a human race had known the truth what was and is on the Moon, we could not have collectively come up with the money to continue going to the Moon. You can bet your sweet bippy we could of found the money. The Apollo program created jobs all over America just not at the Cape.

There was one slight problem we humans as John Lear has surmized, were already there secretly on bases along with aliens way before the Apollo program. In some circles we have been lead to believe the aliens waved us off and not to come back. In my oppinion it was not necessarily the aliens that waved us off, but the secret opps that were already there from Earth. They did not want there cover blown, mining operations, craft and technologies discovered at all costs including haulting the Apollo program. I believe and agree the Apollo program was a diversion to what actually is there and taking place on the Moon. Rik Riley

[edit on 26-5-2007 by rikriley]

posted on May, 26 2007 @ 09:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zaphod58
By the time of Apollo 13, there was almost no interest in going to the moon. In fact the Apollo 13 broadcast wasn't even shown on television. The only reason there was any interest in 13, was because it became a life and death struggle. A few years later, the "Why are we going into space? We have enough problems on Earth" crowd became more prevalent and we stopped going to the moon.

Because they covered something up, best way to hide something is to just stop all activity.

posted on May, 26 2007 @ 10:03 PM
link   
Except they didn't just "suddenly stop". They ran four more missions after 13 before canceling it. And that doesn't explain the falling television ratings. There was a serious drop in interest after the US won the race to the moon. NASA didn't make the decision not to show the broadcast from 13, the networks did.

posted on May, 26 2007 @ 10:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by codex code
I personly don't have a telascope, but there are alot of ppl out there who do have one and a stronge one at that, why couldn't they see anything that was man made out there on the moon? and if they did see something don't you think they will report this (to anyone)?

Keep in mind no one ever sees the opposite side of the moon. The moons rotation time is equal to its orbit time, meaning one side faces us constantly, while the other side can only be seen by spacecraft. The only people who know whats on the other side are the slim few who have been to the moon, and the slim few people who were the first to see images of the moon. These people are also the people capable of making the decision to "smudge". So to answer your question, no, people should not necessarily spotted these structures using their telescopes.

If I was an alien civilization keeping tabs on the earth, I would almost definitely use the far side of the moon as a temporary base of "earth operations". They have been there a long time, and they have always known it would take man thousands of years before he would ever see the far side of the moon. We are still decades if not centuries away from available public transportation into space and possibly the far side of the moon.

China is sending up a lunar orbiter soon, maybe they will see something and be compelled to disclose. But I think they are in on the conspiracy too.

posted on May, 26 2007 @ 10:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dulcimer

And smudging by NASA? Wouldn't it be easier for them to just not release a photograph that showed something?

They try! But then a lot of people ask a lot of questions. And if there is a missing sheet in the mosaic, then NASA would be hard put to explain why it is so. They have no alternative to release the photographs. They have to!

So if there's something strange, the only way out is to tamper the images.

Cheers!

posted on May, 27 2007 @ 12:20 AM
link   
I wonder what Mr. Lear has to say about this ? And why is everyone so
" Ready " to jump on this guy with all the snide comments for anyway ?
It's getting so a person can't speak their mind here anymore without
fear of ridicule . Except for the 911 folks , they need it ..

posted on May, 27 2007 @ 12:32 AM
link   
Ot, sorry but I still cant understand the "far" side of the moon and how it can always face away from earth. regardless of its rotation/spin sequence, there is nothing between the moon and earth so at one point or another that side of the moon should sometime be exposed to the earth. Does it rotate one way and then another, does it not rotate at all? unless there is SOMETHING for it to go behind during the time its far side is finally rotated this way, how can it not be seen?.
When i first heard the rotation/spin story, i thought oh okay that makes sense but the more i thought the less sense it made..(sigh)

posted on May, 27 2007 @ 01:01 AM
link   
It's very easy for the Moon to keep one side constantly toward the Earth.

There are two basic, periodic motions involving the Moon. Either one, by itself, would reveal the entire surface of the Moon to an observer here on Earth. There is rotation about its own axis, and revolution around the common center of gravity of the Earth-Moon system. Both motions have periods of ~28 terrestrial days, which is great for poets and painters (the Man in the Moon is always up there!), but lousy for astronomers (who can only see half of the surface). The single-sided view has nothing to do with whether anything is 'in the way', it's the outcome of two sets of periodic motion that are almost perfectly synched up with each other. There's also a reason for that, but the math gets really steep, really fast. I was going to say "You can probably find a website explaining all this", then I remembered that I have Google too...stand by for links.

More info than you probably want on Tidal Locking

And still more info, in case you don't like Wikkipedia

posted on May, 27 2007 @ 01:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sophismata
Or that we just didn't have it in the budget to keep going and couldn't justify it? I came up with that idea without even thinking very hard.

Oh yeah? The great American self styled super power has spent in excess of a trillion dollars for disasters like Iraq, hmmm... For killing thousands of innocent men, women and children, but didn't have funds for the exploration of space? The Apollo program cost just over a hundred billion dollars (present dollar conversion) over 5 years. So that's a crappy argument and unbelievable at the same time. Pretty gullible aren't we?

I see scan-pass data block errors. You see evidence of aliens and a massive conspiracy. To each his own.

Bingo! 100 billion dollars for the photographic crap of NASA where all you mostly get is data block errors, washouts, bad stitching, out of focus photographs etc! My friendly neighbourhood photographer could do better than that! So most likely it is tampering by NASA to hide things they didn't want us to see!

Elementary, Dr Watson!!

Cheers!

posted on May, 27 2007 @ 01:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dulcimer

Apparently not.....

posted on May, 27 2007 @ 01:15 AM
link   

Oh yeah? The great American self styled super power has spent in excess of a trillion dollars for disasters like Iraq, hmmm... For killing thousands of innocent men, women and children, but didn't have funds for the exploration of space? The Apollo program cost just over a hundred billion dollars (present dollar conversion) over 5 years. So that's a crappy argument and unbelievable at the same time. Pretty gullible aren't we?

Except with Iraq, the US has had the people behind it for most of that time. It's only the last couple of years that the people have REALLY started wanting to pull out. Yes we saw protests early, but it's getting bigger lately.

The same thing with the Apollo program. It wasn't just that the budget wasn't there, the INTEREST wasn't there. The people that allocated the budget weren't interested anymore, and they knew their constituents weren't. We had already won the race to the moon, as far as they were concerned there was nothing left to do. If you don't have the INTEREST then it's not going to last long.

The best way I had heard it described was "Going to the moon was routine. It was just like going down to the store to buy a gallon of milk. People were bored with it."

posted on May, 27 2007 @ 01:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by Zaphod58

Except with Iraq, the US has had the people behind it for most of that time. It's only the last couple of years that the people have REALLY started wanting to pull out. Yes we saw protests early, but it's getting bigger lately.

The same thing with the Apollo program. It wasn't just that the budget wasn't there, the INTEREST wasn't there. The people that allocated the budget weren't interested anymore, and they knew their constituents weren't. We had already won the race to the moon, as far as they were concerned there was nothing left to do. If you don't have the INTEREST then it's not going to last long.

The best way I had heard it described was "Going to the moon was routine. It was just like going down to the store to buy a gallon of milk. People were bored with it."

I disagree! The military would love to get there hands on some space realestate! The race isn't over and money is not a factor, ever heard of the black budget?

posted on May, 27 2007 @ 01:36 AM
link   
Termination of the Apollo program was a smoke screen. It probably continued for some more time with the help of the black budget as CP just brought out. But unfortunately, had to be discontinued due to the reason given in the OP.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join