It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Americans V Americans

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 26 2007 @ 02:32 PM
link   
This is quite an interesting site with many good ideas relating to foreign invaders etc. but lets say your an American and your enemy is not a Muslim etc. but one of your fellow countrymen. Would it be like the ACW or would it be a free for all or would it be poor against rich, would it be one state against another, or poor states against rich, there are many variables but what would bring it about and how would one survive in such an environment.

Could you invisage shooting your next door neighbour or their kids, what about the gas man who you have known for years, is personal survival of more importance than the greator of the group.

posted on May, 26 2007 @ 02:45 PM
link   
MM, this is one scenario that is almost to terrible to even contemplate.

The US endured one civil war; I suppose it could do so again.

My strategy for surviving such a terrible event/s would be to try and be aware early and catch the first plane to anywhere.

posted on May, 26 2007 @ 02:49 PM
link   
Magic, I have only two reasons to use force. First, and foremost, in protecting the lives and safety of my family and myself. And secondly, in the protection of of my nation's freedoms and liberty for all of her people.

There are no colors, religions, or geography in this. It is a simple matter in my mind. Many people of other religions, skin tone, and regional heritage are as much American as I.

It is only when these lines are crossed that choices have to be made. I made my choice many years ago.

posted on May, 26 2007 @ 06:15 PM
link   
Whaa, you can come to Blighty, NGC, lines of confusion are best avoided, those who fight to live another day dont, those who hide in caves do.

posted on May, 26 2007 @ 06:25 PM
link   
mushroom, I like the offer, but where the Sam Hill is blighty?

And I will do as much running as is needed to survive as long as I can. But, as the old saying goes, "I would rather die on my feet, than live on my knees."

posted on May, 26 2007 @ 06:29 PM
link   
Well if the last two elections are any indication then maybe a second civil war might not be too far off. Bet we don't get to read poetic letters on the thoughts and feelings of humanity. Good writing has left the American culture. As evidenced by the premade new Anthem:

youtube.com...

[edit on 26-5-2007 by Ahabstar]

posted on May, 26 2007 @ 06:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by NGC2736
Magic, I have only two reasons to use force. First, and foremost, in protecting the lives and safety of my family and myself. And secondly, in the protection of of my nation's freedoms and liberty for all of her people.

NGC do you really believe your country is free as it is? Last I heard it was illegal to whistle in some cities, your government can take you captive for indefinte periods of time without trial. How the hell is that free? Yo are pretty much a police state already.

Enjoy your freedom.

posted on May, 26 2007 @ 06:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by NGC2736
mushroom, I like the offer, but where the Sam Hill is blighty?

Just load up the Mayflower, set the mainsail, and head East...all will be forgiven when you land in Portsmouth

posted on May, 26 2007 @ 06:51 PM
link   
J. C. Smarter, It's not free. But the spirit of freedom is not dead, no matter what some may say or want. It slumbers, a giant that needs to open it's eyes. And I am only one who crows for it to greet the morning, and chase away the nightmares of oppression.

As far as what is legal and what is not; well, as Robin Hood said over venison in a dark and dreary forest of old, "I'll keep chewing till I get full, or I'll choke on the King's fare, whichever comes first."

Being in a police state never makes a man less free. Men can only agree to relinquish freedom. And if enough men awaken to the burglar that is pilfering the pantry of our liberties, he will be driven from the house.

For this reason I go on singing my song of freedom.

posted on May, 26 2007 @ 07:04 PM
link   
When it hits the fan, the concept of us versus them will know no border. If the reason for the civil war is the Government, then we as apeople will rise against them. If he war is on a civilian level, the Government will Ruby Ridge whoever is starting it. Either way, I don't see neighbor versus neighbor scenarios.

Perhaps you mean like an isolated pocket of people like we had during the L.A. riots. My little sister was there and she walled herself up and rode it out. If I were caught in the middle of something like that, I'd hope to be able to defend myself long enough to secure a decent weapon, then hoof it out of town. If anyone remembers the video footage of those morons torching their own neighborhoods will recall how mob mentality drifted unpredictably and how you never knew who was the next target. Your best bet is to get out of there asap. If your home happens to be in the middle of it, most likely it will get torched if you create a stand off. I say just be aware of your situation and leave before things reach critical.

Always remember that sundown is when it gets most deadly.

posted on May, 27 2007 @ 12:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by JimmyCarterIsSmarter
NGC do you really believe your country is free as it is? Last I heard it was illegal to whistle in some cities, your government can take you captive for indefinte periods of time without trial. How the hell is that free? Yo are pretty much a police state already.

Enjoy your freedom.

Don't baleave everything you read in the press. You are half a world away, so how would you know. We are still the freeist nation on this planet.

Have you not looked at your own laws. They make ours look fun. My point is look in your own back yard before getting cocky about our back yard. Out dated laws on the books are in every country. for instance in Australia You may never leave your car keys in an unattended vehicle. Children may not buy cigarettes but they may smoke them. Taxi cabs are required to carry a bale of hay in the trunk. Bars are required to stable, water and feed the horses of their patrons. these are actual laws on your books. So go ahead and poke at my country I will poke back.

As for American vs American If a person tries to harm me or mine he is no longer an American to me. He becomes the enemy and I will always fight the enemy

posted on May, 27 2007 @ 12:42 PM
link   
Well said, Angry. I ignored it to a point, as I realize that far too many people only see the faults of others.

What makes our nation and people so great is that, for the most part, we see our own faults and try to ferret them out.

posted on May, 27 2007 @ 01:04 PM
link   
Hmm.. Mushroom, what exactly is your morbid fascination with American's, American's collapsing, American's killing Americans, American's the evil blind people ect ect ect.

Has an American wronged you in any way?

but lets say your an American and your enemy is not a Muslim etc.

Because we never fight anyone that isn't a Muslim.............

but one of your fellow countrymen.

Because we have never had a civil war or civil disruptions before.....

Would it be like the ACW

Assuming you mean American Civil War, would it be North vrs South? .... would there be a REASON to make it North Vs South? ... Has the South wronged the North? .. Do you think people in the South are that different then those in the North?........ oh. Your not an American. Never even been here either.

or would it be a free for all

Depending on the crisis, which you failed to give an actual scenario. However in the light of discussion we will assume you mean a total break down of the government (bet those words make you drool with hunger and anticipation huh?) most likely it would start out as a free for all, and then dividing into various local factions, sooner or later someone strong enough would arise to destroy the others and claim him self in which ever seat of government he wishes to create.

or would it be poor against rich

Only the weak, the jealous, and the pathetic envy the rich with such passion, the majority of American's have no problems with rich people, without them the economy would not be here now would it? Aside from that, a total break down of the economy in a civil war, the rich would not be rich any more anyways.

would it be one state against another

Possibly, if a governor can retain control, unlikely though. I would hope if the federal government fell, the union would disolve for the time being, and the 50 free states govern themselves.

or poor states against rich

there are many variables but what would bring it about and how would one survive in such an environment.

In the same manor which is done in any nation that faces such turmoil. Before you get all excited about big bad America falling on its face, just imagine for one second.. a new government arising through civil war, and one that is truly imperial and truly has no regard but for its self.. Europe would be a nice addition to the American Empire.

Could you invisage shooting your next door neighbour or their kids, what about the gas man who you have known for years, is personal survival of more importance than the greator of the group.

In anarchy for my own survival? Of course. Is personal survival more important then the greater group? .. What group? What are you talking about? .. Next time you romanticize please, please, please just give a scenario to work with.

posted on May, 27 2007 @ 03:02 PM
link   
Rock at it again are you, This thread was in response to the many threads I have read about Americans fighting on their home turf, so I posed a number of questions, and as usual your trying to derail this thread.

Why is that you think that as a none American I have no right to discuss your country or its people, are you afraid of something? or are you a Goverment agent, or maybe a mind controlled member of the people police.

I have every right to discuss what I like within the rules of ATS. Personally it appears from your attitude that it would not matter if I was an American, and why do you think I would drool at the downfall of America, thats your logic is it if some one is critical of your Foreign Policy, or discusses your country.

People such as you use the usual tricks to try and shut people up, well I will not be shut up by people such as you. You do not know whats going on in your country and for the record who do you think runs America, who set it up, who are the most powerful families and what is their heritage, which banks control your economy, yes you will find the trail leads back to Europe.

Back on topic there are many scenario's where Americans could end up fighting each other, such a scenario would be the removal of your right to bear arms, I'm sure all these school shootings etc. will be used as a premise to remove personal firearms, would that start a revolt? would the people resist, perhaps you would like to comment on that.

Oh and by the way I have more American threads in the pipeline so brace yourself.

posted on May, 27 2007 @ 03:19 PM
link   
Netherlands is the most free country on the planet, sorry.

You can even purchase and smoke marijuana legally there. that is freedom, state sponsored freedom in the best form. That beats any american freedom based law.. anyways..

America is free, to an extent. It does border on police state, but in the end I feel the federal military would have alot of mutiny, with many soldiers refusing to kill their friends and family, and instead protecting them, even in groups.

Then you'd have all the survivalist and gun owners. They'd be protecting their homes and property. Then you'd have the street gangsters who'd link up and arm up, go looting, and try to maybe even go into neighborhoods to loot houses and rape people. That is where gunfights would break out between people protecting home and family versus people intent on looting your home and taking away your wife and daughter.

I personally would get together all the friends I have that own guns, and have them all come with me to my girlfriend's house in the "country". There, we'd link up with her Father who also has a personal, legal collection of rifles and such, and his house is surrounded by open space fields and such, then forests further away. lives down a private dirt road. anyways.. we'd have a nice little setup. We'd have enough men and women who know how to fire guns, enough guns, and enough ammo, to hold out for the duration of the civil conflict.

If things didnt work out that fortunately, i'd link with some of my friends and try to form up a local militia to protect the innocents from evil men intent on killing stealing and sexual abuse.

posted on May, 27 2007 @ 05:35 PM
link   
The bottom line of this is survival, once the crap hits the fan it doesn't matter who threatens you be they man, woman, child, or goat you deal with them using whatever force is necessary to render them no longer a threat. In a civil collapse situation letting old concepts of neighbors and such cloud your mind will only get you killed when you hesitate to dispatch the deranged neighbor looking to make off with your food, vehicle, etc.

As for what groups would square off against each other I don't think there would ever be a state-level unit that would fight those from another state, thats giving way too much credit to people to organize in such a situation. The largest groups you would probably encounter would be highly dedicated gangs and militia groups.

As far as personal ability to kill my countrymen if they stand in the way of my survival or make any attempt to deprive me of my resources then yes I would be completely fine with taking their lives as their actions would in essence be taking mine because I would lack the necessary items to survive. The only group of people whose safety and survival would matter to me in such a scenario would be that of my family and close friends, the rest are suspect and to be treated with all the caution due a complete stranger.

posted on May, 27 2007 @ 05:44 PM
link   

Rock at it again are you, This thread was in response to the many threads I have read about Americans fighting on their home turf, so I posed a number of questions, and as usual your trying to derail this thread.

Because I don't agree? Or rather, I think your entire view on its probability or the way you think it might go is complete crap. Sure. Derailing it may be. *rolls eyes*

Instead of complaining about my presence, confront what I say.

Why is that you think that as a none American I have no right to discuss your country or its people, are you afraid of something? or are you a Goverment agent, or maybe a mind controlled member of the people police.

You are entirely allowed to discuss America, but not to think you know more about this land then those who live here. I also am slightly concerned about the morbid thoughts and discussions. Hate is vile.

Am I afraid? Of you?

A government agent?

Controlled Member of the People Police?
LOL Tell me, Brit, what is the People Police?

The rest of your post is simply complaining about me not agreeing with you. *does sad face* tis to bad.

posted on May, 27 2007 @ 05:50 PM
link   
A few years ago I read this book,

Civil War II: The Coming Breakup of America

It deals with a possible future break up of the US along ethnic and racial lines, interesting read with lots of charts and table from the author to back up his theories.

I believe a racial/ethnic break up of the US is the most likely scenario leading 3 or 4 nation states arising from the Present US.

Civil War II

I understand that the book is now out of print it is available at the above link in PDF format.

[edit on 5/27/2007 by DarkStormCrow]

posted on May, 27 2007 @ 05:52 PM
link   
Rock your so fullof it, people police, you should know things like that if your smart. The only hate here and on my other post is your hate of me raising points about your country, your responses are full of hate and ignorance.

You speak for the whole of America do you, your names not really Bush is it.

If you find that you are not equipped to answer my questions then thats fine. I'll leave it to the more mature members to respond to this thread.

posted on May, 27 2007 @ 06:04 PM
link   
I really wish you two would knock it off...

Another civil war in America will involve resources, not religion, or politics, or race. California demanding water from Oregon and/or Washington, etc...

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join